Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: Through Hell: Hell world RTD, Turn 4, Malignant Molding Madness!  (Read 8821 times)

Nevyn134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Through Hell: Hell world RTD
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2010, 01:16:49 am »

OOC: I am so trying a time paradox roll......... I will also repost, make that action for next turn if the time roll fails :p. Otherwise, go with this one:

*Nevyn smiles, breathing in the thick, choking air as if it were the freshest mountain breeze as he looks around the blasted ruined landscape.* Right...... New land.... devices non-functional or lost..... magic faulty...... looks like I have hit rock bottom. Haha... only up from here! *smiling as he turns back to the wreck of the ships on the shore, seeing a few people moving, thinking it best to leave the werewolf alone, but smiling as he watches another human hack his way out of a ship.* what to do, what to do....... hmmmm...... first of all.... supplies... not much food, little drinkable water. Food I can deal with later, drinkable water could be an issue..... I wonder..... *looking up at the ships sails and smiling as sparks begin to run through his mind, ideas forming to make a portable filtering and water collection contraption from the sails, a suitable container and  whatever else might come to hand as required.*
Actions: begin search for suitable materials for a water filter and collector, shouldn't require magic to make this one work unless the roll is really bad or something more then salt and dirt needs to be filtered from the water to make it drinkable, remember, his simple want to make it work will infuse magic into it if there is no chance it could work otherwise. If magic is used in it's making and use then it should probably have a magic roll as well as a normal roll, more failure chance and opportunities for sh**'s and giggles.

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2010, 01:49:22 am »

Nevyn:

You failed the time paradox roll, your goal was a 20 or higher for a 100-sided die, you got a 58.

I guess I'll go ahead an split that post into your next two actions: finding the materials needed and actually making it. I'm trying to think of how much fun I should have with magic weirdness whenever it's relevant, shame I don't have more people using magic...

(Perception roll: 5)

Inspiration can come at the most unlikely times, and in this case it also happened to be useful in the current situation. You immediately begin scrounging about for the materials you'll need; some cloth here, wood there... when suddenly you realize that these materials won't work. At least, not for very long. You try to remember or think of anything which would work. Maybe metal? Yeah, that might work. You start searching the shore for scraps of metal, and sure enough you find a nearly undamaged breastplate in a pool of blood and liquefied flesh and clothing. Not like he's going to use it anymore.

Now, the filtration apparatus... This one may be difficult... You think of the bloody remains and suddenly an idea comes to you! Reduce the acid by dissolving things within it, then remove those by standard filtration! But... what would he dissolve? Oh, nevermind, just build the damn thing! You'll figure it out as you go along...

(Crafting roll: 4 (includes magic effects), Magic instability roll: 51/100 (Highest is ideal, lowest is catastrophic failure)

Your favorite part, building! The wondrous adventure of creating value from something of worthlessness, the physical and mental challenges always exhilarating! Within what seems like less then half an hour, you have jumbled together a seemingly crude assemblage of barrels, tubes, more barrels, and a bucket. How exactly it's supposed to work is a complete mystery, even to you, but you do not hesitate to test it by dumping as much ocean water into it as your crude metal bucket can carry, and wait. Unfortunately, it takes a rather long time, and as such results have not been made... yet.
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Now wall yourself in quickly

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2010, 02:02:36 am »

Turn 2 now officially starts! I'll finish the advance requests I already have then start accepting new ones.
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Nevyn134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Through Hell: Hell world RTD, Turn 2
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2010, 02:21:16 am »

OOC: that includes me going to help Jessup yes? would you like me to repost that one in a way more suited to the current situation?

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2010, 02:35:08 am »

Yeah, just updated the current situation log. Unfortunately, I can no longer reliably see the keyboard, so I can't type out your actions right now. I did do your rolls, though.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2010, 02:35:50 am »

ooc anyone in the correct area, i was in the same ship as nevyn, cant remember who else, is willing to join thehunt for food, nevyn YOU GET THAT WATER WORKING, we need to survive here
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Nevyn134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2010, 02:39:51 am »

OOC: I intend to :p but that could take a while....

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2010, 02:43:46 am »

I'll call it a night for now and get some sleep, I'll be back tomorrow. Also, I added some info on encounter rolls in the rules section in the OP, though it should be noted that encounter rolls are different then danger rolls.

Nevyn134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2010, 02:44:33 am »

OOC: ok, night.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2010, 02:55:51 am »

I have yet to get a roll greater than 3, even on the d10...
All generalizations are false....including this one.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2010, 02:59:43 am »

ooc: i seem to be getting high rolls, maby if i turn you you will get high rolls, although lycanthropy is probably not a good answer to anything
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Nevyn134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2010, 03:21:51 am »

ooc: maybe I could make you something to help give you higher rolls :p

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2010, 10:38:37 am »

RP Turn
*jumping out of ship...* I'm sure it was just nerves...yeah. Some of the guys were talking about hallucinations...sure, that was it. But who's saying a hallucination can't kill you easy as the real thing in this place?

*seeing Nevyn...*
Wow, someone else actually survived. Looks like one of those city boy thinker types. Doubt he ever got his pantaloons dirty with real work. Must be scouring the beach like me...paitence now...be nice. I never shot a man in the back if I didn't learn his name first...not that I ever told them *my* name, of course... "Howdy there friend! The names...Jessup. Jessup Red. You need some help there?

I'll wait till the next turns are decided before posting my next actions, so I can get back in synch with the other players...

Oh and Abculatter, can you list our personal inventory when you do the turn summary? It might be hard to remember all the junk we collected without it. I also need to know, for instance, how many bolts I have exactly. Unless I have a magic quiver that never runs out of ammo ;)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2010, 12:23:49 pm »

Go back to the camp and begin administering medical supplies.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2010, 02:22:40 pm »

Could I get in?

Name: Ochita
Race: Half-elf
Skills: enchanting, Potion making, Skilled Fire magic, Novice swordsman 
Background Info: He was always a free child after his parents had at his home city, always running around and climbing to new unexplored places while just surviving. That ended one day when he climbed into a mages garden. After the mage had found him and told him off. Aftr finding out that his parents had died he too pity on the young boy and took him in under his guide. As the boy grew up an learnt the trade of a mage he heard about the voyage and he decided to join it.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11