Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ruins-dwelling entities?  (Read 598 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Ruins-dwelling entities?
« on: June 22, 2010, 12:00:43 pm »

Has anyone experimented successfully with using RUINS in the SITE_TYPE entity tokens? I'm trying to create a civ that only inhabits ruins, but does not seem to work. I assume it's because they don't build ruins, and have to wait for another civ in range to lose a settlement before they can move in. And are dying out before that happens?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ruins-dwelling entities?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 12:04:01 pm »

I attempted to mod Kobolds as Ruins-Dwelling in addition to Caves, in hopes that they would spread to occupy fallen cities too, but had no sucess. If you want to test it, try to mod Humans to be only City or Ruins-dwelling, since they tend to fight their neighbors, and expand a lot. See if any ispread to nhabit ruins left behind by other groups.

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 01:10:37 pm »

I recall the error log saying the the entity "RUINS" does not exist. So I'm pretty sure it's just bugged.
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 01:30:00 pm »

The site type RUINS indeed no longer exists as such - and even when it did, it was more likely to create empty sites akin to forest retreats.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu