Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: civilization question  (Read 566 times)

meowmix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
civilization question
« on: June 22, 2010, 02:18:06 am »

after i start and embark on the map, do other civilizations besides the one im playing continue to fight each other, and have the chance of being wiped out during normal game play like they do in the map gen legends? or do they stop doing anything and remain static?

also on the legends page what does it mean when it says something like 211/1014 next to civilization and other entities
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 02:41:46 am by meowmix »

Ravenplucker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: civilization question
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 04:02:43 am »

after i start and embark on the map, do other civilizations besides the one im playing continue to fight each other, and have the chance of being wiped out during normal game play like they do in the map gen legends? or do they stop doing anything and remain static?

also on the legends page what does it mean when it says something like 211/1014 next to civilization and other entities

I think world gen pretty much stops the moment you being your fortress, so no wars will be fought (atleast in this version)
And i think that's how long the civilisation/person lasted before dying out... not sure though

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: civilization question
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 08:02:57 am »

This means that you have "discovered" 211 out of 1014 entries for that category. Other entries can be discovered in Fortress mode (through engravings and decorated items) and Adventurer mode (the same, plus talking to people sometimes yields new information).

IIRC, a lot of the "unknown" civilization/group entries are the random underground "civilizations" (I have a hard time calling a scattering of olm men clustered around a few spots in the underground a civilization).

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.