Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The story of "Agestakes"  (Read 685 times)

Xenxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The story of "Agestakes"
« on: June 21, 2010, 01:23:49 am »

It started out just like any other fort.

Farms, Plump helmets, getting rooms for everyone, Moods people going insane because I don't have any gems, making barrels constantly to make booze out of. Until i started on making weapons for a military.

Just before I got any weapon making done I saw a goblin snatcher. Ok not so bad he runs away. Knowing there is goblins in the area I am worried and try to see if i can get a military up faster. Then I see another goblin snatcher and another one and another one. Then my broker decides its a good time to take a walk outside and then bam. 6 arrows in his chest. It was an ambush of 6 goblins. Im like alright then so i make a small band of wrestlers followed by 14 war dogs then they deicded hey lets go party instead of killing these goblins.

then someone else finds more goblins suddenly i have a total of 12 goblins attacking me.

They go in and slaughter a total of 53/54 dwarves. The only dwarf left is this small former miner now the mayor of himself.

He currently is locked up in a hospital room in the fort with goblins ravaging the fortress.

This is the current result.

And here is my long mayor locked away dying of starvation in his little hospital room.

So thinking my fortress doomed i wanted to see how it ended so I watch the mayor.
Then all of a sudden migrants.
I create a burrow quickly in a small corner of the map they brought lots of animals and there is water nearby for them to drink till I can think of something else.

There is currently 6 survivors (7 including mayor but hes probably gonna die)
Ill name one after you if you ask.

Edit Actually now we have 1 survivor the rest were chased and killed by goblins who knows when they get back but since last time they gathered a bit of plants. The goblins now are very spread apart and far away.

The jewler is now building various farms for food

EDIT: some stuff went donw since last i modified this post the jewler died but I had 1 dwarf left that i overlooked he ran back into the now goblinless fort FULL of supplies...also dead bodies...and im proceeding to try and seal off the fort from the outside

EDIT: unfourtunatly the time i wanted him to seal off from the outside he just stood outside with a barrel like an idiot till goblins came and killed him...the end

(note I would love it if the goblins weren't somehow psychic )
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 01:53:08 am by Xenxe »

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: The story of "Agestakes"
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 06:01:21 am »

Epic.

Xenxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The story of "Agestakes"
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 04:22:10 pm »

It would have been even more epic if I had gotten him to seal off the fort from the outside...but he wanted to die cant blame him though over 50 corpses of dwarves everywhere the stench of them rotting blood all over the walls. Must have been traumatizing.