Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20

Author Topic: Trolling  (Read 13539 times)

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
Re: Trolling
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2010, 10:53:44 am »

They will also have a crippling fear of water. D:

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2010, 10:55:27 am »

So...they would be Appalachian.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2010, 10:58:42 am »

Although, if we linked them up to a 0.31 game they wouldn't fear carp. Hard to say if that would be an advantage or weakness. Those carp are pretty shifty-eyed in real life too.

See?! Look at those shifty slowly air-drowning eyes!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2010, 12:20:56 pm »

That pretty much sums them up, yeah.

About the empty content: It seems that G-Flex has come to a forum about a donationware ASCII game developed by a 32 year old man living in his house with his brother with a rabid fanbase and alot of inside jokes expecting serious discussion, and we have plenty of that, for sure.

However, the vast majority of us have come here to have a good time, otherwise we wouldn't post on this board.

Nikov seems perfectly fine to me, but I haven't been around for a while so I wouldn't know, but G-flex seems to be either trolling us or deliberately being an asshole.

Cool down, guys, we're all here to have fun.

Cheeetar, your avatar confounds me, have I found another gentleman of noble stature?

Dude, I know I might be overreacting a bit, but you really have to stop saying things like "have a good time" and "be amused" and "have fun". They don't mean anything. They aren't particular behaviors or patterns of behavior. Literally nobody in their right mind would tell you to stop "having fun". That encompasses such a uselessly broad range of things as to be totally meaningless.

I concede that I've sort of been talking about things out of proportion in this thread, but "we're trying to have fun" doesn't really excuse the sort of inane and sometimes trollish crap there is around here. To be fair, I guess there's probably not that much, and it just sticks out more than the normal stuff, and Life Advice is probably a hell of a lot worse than General Discussion is.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2010, 12:30:09 pm »

32 year old man living in his house

Will wonders never cease?!

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2010, 12:45:05 pm »

32 year old man living in his house

Will wonders never cease?!
...with his brother.
:U

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 21, 2010, 12:51:23 pm »

I wasn't going to point it out, but that part's not even true.  ThreeToe has his own place.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 21, 2010, 01:01:00 pm »

We have a fair bit of "trolling" on this forum, but I think it comes from the fact that we have a lot of younger members (I see 16 year olds and younger as pretty darn young) and a lot of them are interested in things like 4chan and tvtropes etc, which teach that it is cool to be a flaming asshole to people. Now, I've never personally felt unwelcomed anywhere on this forum because of how people are acting, but I've seen some behavior that's made me less willing to post in threads or whatnot.

As a whole, though; this forum is one of the most intelligent, thoughtful, and close communities I've been a part of on the internet. Armok said earlier that the forum was decaying, but I have to disagree. I think everything is just as good as it's been, and I'm glad to be a part of it.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2010, 01:21:55 pm »

TVTropes teaches people to be assholes? I never got that sense from their site.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 21, 2010, 01:24:01 pm »

Yeah, that's really unfair.  It mostly just teaches them to be boring.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 21, 2010, 01:26:18 pm »

Yeah, not entirely clear where that idea came from. TvTropes quite clearly tries to avoid conflict, Rule Of Cautious Editing Judgment and all that. It isn't anything like 4chan.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 21, 2010, 01:26:32 pm »

It mostly steals their soul, and forces them to stay.
Forever.
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 21, 2010, 01:27:15 pm »

I lolled when I looked back over the thread and Armok was telling us that nobody knew anything about anything and the forum was decaying. This is one of the most active forums I've ever stumbled across on the internet. I can only imagine what it was like before Armok started to claim it was decaying.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 21, 2010, 01:31:30 pm »

I lolled when I looked back over the thread and Armok was telling us that nobody knew anything about anything and the forum was decaying. This is one of the most active forums I've ever stumbled across on the internet. I can only imagine what it was like before Armok started to claim it was decaying.

They invented a cure for cancer. Only nobody remembered to bookmark it.

EDIT: The old Home of the Underdogs had a quite active forum (which I was pretty active in for a few years). Similar demographics as this place, similar problems too.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 21, 2010, 01:44:15 pm »

It IS decaying, over the long term, it varies by seasons and world events and release schedule thou, so unless you have been here for a long time it's very hard to notice over the noise. I predict another VNlike discharge in about 3-9 months, although release schedule reform might reverse the trend or at least slow it.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20