Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20

Author Topic: Trolling  (Read 13488 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Trolling
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2010, 09:20:59 am »

The community is not decaying. Even if it is, this is still one of the highest quality forums on the Internet. At least we're all literate.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2010, 09:24:28 am »

When we're sober XD I think the whole DF part of the DF forums kind of filters out the impatient and the dull.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2010, 09:26:51 am »

Wait, our conservatives are not trolling but they're actually real-life conservatives? What are they doing on the internet? Shouldn't they be using telegraph or something?
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2010, 09:30:16 am »

When we're sober XD I think the whole DF part of the DF forums kind of filters out the impatient and the dull.

Indeed. DF is too complicated and difficult for trolls. So is LCS, come to think of it. You know, I wonder if a potental troll has ever come here and tried to play Star Zoo? I would pay to see a video of that.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2010, 09:32:17 am »

Indeed. DF is too complicated and difficult for trolls. So is LCS, come to think of it. You know, I wonder if a potental troll has ever come here and tried to play Star Zoo? I would pay to see a video of that.

What?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2010, 09:43:01 am »

Well, the trolls do live as savages in caverns in a 14th century world, so they probably don't have computers.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2010, 09:47:28 am »

What?

Trolls, or at least most of them, are impatient and nearly illiterate in my experience. Imagine trying to play Dwarf Fortress with the attention span of a four year old child and only a passing knowlage of written english. It wouldn't work out.
No Gods, No Masters.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2010, 09:59:46 am »

I thought it was Nikov that was trolling around here.

I'm still about 80% certain of this.

I think it's more a matter of nobody here knowing **** about anything than deliberate trolling. But yea, this community is decaying.

Ever since VN closed, right?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2010, 10:00:10 am »

What?

Trolls, or at least most of them, are impatient and nearly illiterate in my experience. Imagine trying to play Dwarf Fortress with the attention span of a four year old child and only a passing knowlage of written english. It wouldn't work out.

In my experience, trolls are like normal people only assholes.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2010, 10:23:15 am »

That pretty much sums them up, yeah.

About the empty content: It seems that G-Flex has come to a forum about a donationware ASCII game developed by a 32 year old man living in his house with his brother with a rabid fanbase and alot of inside jokes expecting serious discussion, and we have plenty of that, for sure.

However, the vast majority of us have come here to have a good time, otherwise we wouldn't post on this board.

Nikov seems perfectly fine to me, but I haven't been around for a while so I wouldn't know, but G-flex seems to be either trolling us or deliberately being an asshole.

Cool down, guys, we're all here to have fun.

Cheeetar, your avatar confounds me, have I found another gentleman of noble stature?

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2010, 10:38:45 am »

No doubt Reasonableman was also one of your bastions of rationality too.

I thought he was older, I mean he had 7+ years of college and 6+ years of DF and other games, so if he started his math degree at 20, he's be at least 33.

Not that it really matters, at all, though I wonder if DF could even be possible with younger blood.
While talking to AJ:

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2010, 10:42:03 am »

I'm 15, I discovered it when I was only 12.

If I don't count as your 'younger blood', I'd like to see someone that does. Perhaps people in fetal stagus playing DF? That would be interesting...

EDIT: And yes, I realize the obvious "I'm 12 and what is this?" joke.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2010, 10:44:35 am »

Oh I'm sorry, I meant creating the game, not playing it.
While talking to AJ:

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2010, 10:49:52 am »

Oh. Right.  :P

I don't think I could make any game, let alone one as complicated as DF.  :D

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2010, 10:52:09 am »

Perhaps people in fetal stagus playing DF? That would be interesting...
Obviously the key to creating a superior human, by which I mean dwarf, is to link a running game of Dwarf Fortress to the fragile and unfinished brain of a fetus. The resulting trauma enlightenment will lead to children who love booze and beards, obsessively shunning anyone who is tall, has pointy ears, or is an environmentalist.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20