Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Quick request  (Read 1802 times)

Heavenfall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Quick request
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2010, 05:30:13 pm »

Care to share the working turtle vermin reaction that actually produces a real turtle which includes shell? Cause I've tried a lot of the product lines to try to produce a real turtle, but haven't made a real turtle yet.

Have you tried the following, Shaostoul?

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:SYNTH_RAW_FISH]
[NAME:synthesize raw turtle]
[BUILDING:SYNTHESIZER:CUSTOM_SHIFT_Q]
[PRODUCT:100:1:FISH_RAW:NO_SUBTYPE:TURTLE:NONE]
[SKILL:ALCHEMY]

I'm getting full metal alchemist flashbacks.

Be ye warned.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 05:31:52 pm by Heavenfall »
Upon him I will visit famine and a fire, until all around him desolation rings
and all the demons in the outer dark look on amazed and recognize
that vengeance is the business of a dwarf

afoninv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2010, 07:18:58 pm »

Care to share the working turtle vermin reaction that actually produces a real turtle which includes shell? Cause I've tried a lot of the product lines to try to produce a real turtle, but haven't made a real turtle yet.

Be ye warned.

Tried this now. Doesn't work (yes, it gives raw turtle, but processing it at the fishery yields no shell).
-
V.

rgon842

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2010, 09:33:03 pm »

Be ye warned.

Allow me to dump massive quantities of magma on the Law of Equivalent Exchange.

Tried this now. Doesn't work (yes, it gives raw turtle, but processing it at the fishery yields no shell).

I see. I always got that raw turtle, but I never got to process it because dwarves were busy on other things. Figures.

I guess the only way to reliably get shell is to add shells to an existing animal then butcher it, or (hopefully) wait until Toady expands the reaction system to allow for bone, shells, and bodyparts, like in 40d.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 09:35:27 pm by rgon842 »

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2010, 10:33:43 pm »

Be ye warned.

This is the exact problem I've run into with ALL vermin testing. It may make a vermin named whatever you're trying to make, but say for example you make turtle... It doesn't move like a turtle and you never get a shell. By move I mean, it moves around very quick instead of a very slow pace, like a turtle...

So reactions produce pseudo-vermin, not real vermin.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

rgon842

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2010, 11:34:09 pm »

Be ye warned.

This is the exact problem I've run into with ALL vermin testing. It may make a vermin named whatever you're trying to make, but say for example you make turtle... It doesn't move like a turtle and you never get a shell. By move I mean, it moves around very quick instead of a very slow pace, like a turtle...

So reactions produce pseudo-vermin, not real vermin.

Not to derail the thread, but are the pseudo-vermin edible? When processed, do they yield foodstuff that can be cooked at the kitchen? And when cooked, does the material value apply the the prepared meal? (i.e. a more expensive roast.)

Back on the shell topic, what results have been obtained by adding shell to a very common material template? (STONE_TEMPLATE for example). Do mined stones fulfill the prerequisites as shells and thus get used in moods?

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2010, 11:39:13 pm »

shells on non-creature stuff... idno

about the foodstuff... idno either... i saw it didn't create a true vermin, so i exited.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

afoninv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2010, 12:10:42 am »

Answers on pseudo-vermin cooking:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

clc02, sorry for my derail :-[
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 12:18:54 am by afoninv »
-
V.
Pages: 1 [2]