Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Redwall fortress. submit your stuff! AND SUBMIT YOUR MODS!!! AAH!!!  (Read 6782 times)

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
  • *Antymattar has created a Cat-ass-trophy*
    • View Profile
Re: Redwall fortress. submit your stuff!
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2010, 02:13:25 am »

Can we start posting. I am almost finished with my redwall civ and creature containing hares, mice, badgers, otters, voles, squirrels, moles and hedgehogs. I did not ad the birds that live on the roof because they are a new entity all in them selves.

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2010, 06:10:25 am »

Rodent-like creatures could use large insects as domestic animals.
true, true. but what im thinking is have the "evil" civs use "slaves" (not really slaves but another type of mouse or mole or badger or what have you) as domestic animals, and yes the birds could have slugs and lizards and snakes and insects as pets as they are mentioned in the books, overall though most people dont really use domestic animals as much in there games so there not THAT important, but i will add some form of animals anyhow.

ps. im downloading your wasteland mod, cant wait to try it out as i love fallout  :D

..dont use domestics?
I use tonnes of domestics, I have full fledged breeding programs and barns filled with cattle.

i see, well domestics would be very limited in a redwall mod, as far as i know animals dont have animals as pets.... nor do they butcher them, unless they are some weird cannibal monster animals  :-\

If I do remember from watching the show, the rats had some sort of creature being roasted on a spit above the fire.. cant remember the details though.. but Rats are indeed known to eat flesh.
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2010, 06:28:22 am »

I think that those are fish and birds. yes, creatures are known to eat birds. in redwall abbey they eat that big fish every year.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2010, 10:56:24 am »

To make the plot from the Outcast of Redwall work, you could make the redwallers Babysnatchers.  After all, redwall is accepting of all creatures, while the rats tend to be pretty homogenous besides the occasional weasel or ferret.

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2010, 11:21:58 am »

thats a good idea. but the mods going nowhere.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2010, 11:37:27 am »

I have never modded anything beyond changing a couple tags before, but I'll try my hand at this.  How about I try to make the Shrew civ?

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2010, 11:55:07 am »

Yes. that would be great. how about you replace the elves with them so that they will not axcept wood. because they come to trade because they want metals and stones and food and stuf. they have plenty of wood. just a suggestion.

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2010, 12:21:52 pm »

thats a good idea. but the mods going nowhere.

If you really think that the mod will be done by you complaining that its not done will get you somewhere, you're pretty dead wrong.
Put forth more of an effort and others will follow in suit.
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Redwall fortress. submit your stuff! AND SUBMIT YOUR MODS!!! AAH!!!
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2010, 01:01:02 pm »

i cant because I am not at my computer. I am going to irelant tomorrow so i am in riga now. but il trie. all my saved stuff was in the other computer.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2010, 01:23:57 pm »

Yes. that would be great. how about you replace the elves with them so that they will not axcept wood. because they come to trade because they want metals and stones and food and stuf. they have plenty of wood. just a suggestion.

That seems a bit weird though, given that they ride around in logboats.  Am I wrong, or is the not accepting wood tag the same one that causes the warning for cutting down too many trees.  That seems weird from the shrews.  Do we actually need to have a snotty-about-trees race anyway?  And if we do, I remember vaguely some wild squirrel tribe or something.

On the other hand, I do like the idea of shrews being the Forest civ, with Redwall the Plains civ, Hares/Badgers the Mountain civ, and rats the Evil. 

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2010, 01:28:12 pm »

And Otters with siteprefs set to max for rivers and oceans and the lowest setting for most other biomes, because I don't think setting max for rivers and oceans will allow them to spawn unless they also have another biome to start on.

But yeah, Redwall as baby snatchers sounds good. They accept all. Perhaps the base civ could be mice? I forgot the book that dealt with the founding of Redwall.

Also, the first book had horses so some leeway with sizes can be had.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2010, 01:39:01 pm »

HORSES!? I dont remember that. so ok il ad the babysnatcher part after sme time when im back from ireland. so i made the snake creature
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
feel free to tangle with it and show any mistakes/improvements if you see any.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2010, 03:02:46 pm »

Here is my attempt at the shrew as a creature, based on your mouse.  I figure they don't need complicated castes.  If anyone who knows anything about modding wants to review this, that would be great.

And here is my first attempt at the shrew civ:

I got as far as renaming the monarch when it occurred to me we ought to be redesigning (and probably reducing) the entire noble structure.  So yeah, not sure what would make sense there.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 04:03:22 pm by UmbrageOfSnow »

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2010, 11:16:58 pm »

Hey thats  pretty good. I will tweak the land holder bit a bi but thats good. i like the personality parts of the shrews.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2010, 01:44:54 pm »

Somewhere in your mod, it might be good to add some new weapons, and then more heavily restrict some of them.  Like allow shrews to use rapiers only for a melee weapon, and then slings or something else for ranged.  Wider variety for the Vermin civ and the Redwall civ of course.  Speaking of slings, where would otters go?  Should they be sort of friendly kobolds or something?

Proposed Mod Name: Mouse Abbey.  Alternatively Badger Fortress.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4