Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Map Request: Looking for a goblin-free or all goblin civs conquered map.  (Read 762 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Since there are still issues with the military and I don't want to deal with the goblins, so I'm looking for a map that either has all goblins conquered (although having a goblin civ on an island isolated from others works for me) or they all got killed off one way or another. I did have a map which had all goblins conquered, but when I tried to regen that in .08, it came out quite differently.

I would prefer a large island type map. I'm currently trying to gen such a world, but asking doesn't hurt either.

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Couldn't you just change the [INVADERS:YES] tag in the d_init file?
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yea I could, but I want to take my time with the military stuff and not have to worry about ambushes and sieges, and I want to have the Megabeast experience as well.

Africa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59733.0

Check this thread I made not 30 seconds ago. I have the opposite problem. Try genning smaller or small worlds - mine ALWAYS come out with no goblins, even though I want them.
Quote from: Cthulhu
It's like using hobos to fight an eating-resistant baloney epidemic.

grufti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

from my experience you have to increase civ number, the humans will take over 3/4 of the world ;)

AtomicPaperclip

• Bay Watcher
  • Who names their kid dagger anyway?
    • View Profile

Remove goblins from raws?
Dear Toady: Keep up the good work man, we appreciate you and the game beyond words.

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile

Go into the raws and set the goblins maxage to 1 maybe?

Go to the file "creature_standard" in your raw folder. Scroll down till you find the entry for goblins and add this to them [MAXAGE:1:1]. There you go the goblins will die of old age before they can do much of anything.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A vile force of darkness has arrived!
Goblin McInvader has died of old age       x24

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I guess I could try the age thing, but eh, I'm stubborn and still trying to gen a world of what I want. It happened before, so maybe it'll happen again.