Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Eyepatches!  (Read 969 times)

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Eyepatches!
« on: June 20, 2010, 11:30:02 am »

Why not be able to make leather eyepatches for a uniform for your militery?

They would be made from leather and can be worn however reduce accuracy like having one gouged eye. They would also reduce infection in a injured, eye socket and can help the injured eye have a better chance of fully healing.

Lastly you could be able to wear two patches however it would completely blind the dwarf.

thijser

• Bay Watcher
  • You to cut down a tree in order to make an axe!
    • View Profile
Re: Eyepatches!
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 11:38:14 am »

I don't believe there has ever been any miltitery that deploid eyepatches. They are simply to reduce the freaky way people who are missing an eye look. And I think the time to implent these would be better spent elsewhere.
I'm not a native English speaker. Feel free to point out grammar/spelling mistakes. This way I can learn better English.

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 12:03:06 pm »

I don't believe there has ever been any miltitery that deploid eyepatches. They are simply to reduce the freaky way people who are missing an eye look. And I think the time to implent these would be better spent elsewhere.

I've heard of them used to help with eyes becoming accustomed to the light going into dark places remain functional. Though because there is no reverse to cave adaptation I don't think it would be applicable unless toy have your dwarves strap candles to their faces to ward off cave adaptation.

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 03:42:29 pm »

Well this is a game where you kill your OWN mayor cause he keeps demanding glass.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 04:23:11 pm »

At least in terms of the matter of having eyepatches, this is one of those things you could do with mods if you so chose, you know...

Make eyepatches a kind of hat, put it as clothing in your civ, and then assign them as part of the uniform. 

Presto, eyepatches.

As for having reduced infections and the like, that would probably have to wait for the "beneficial syndromes" update that will almost certainly come down the pipe at some point.  You could probably put in blindness as a syndrome attached to the object if you wanted to play around with it, although that might take some reaction trickery, although sight is not terribly well implimented right now, anyway.

All-in-all, I'd say this would be something best done by having generally more powerful raws, which are likely coming, some day or another, which could be modded in.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare