Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Sterotypes (Not the kind you're thinking of.)  (Read 6452 times)

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
Re: Sterotypes (Not the kind you're thinking of.)
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2010, 01:23:47 am »

Nikov:

North California, South California, and The Bay?

The Bay, Socal, and that backcountry valley-land where they sometimes grow good weed but voted for prop 8.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2010, 01:24:36 am »

Nikov:

No way. Greatest Cali, Greaterist Cali, and Greateratist Cali! (I don't have a high opinion of that state. Can you tell?)
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2010, 01:24:48 am »

Because I live in Washington, I must be used to rain. Also, everyone who lives in Washington is within easy driving distance of Seattle.

In actuality, Seattle is hundreds of miles away and we get rain once or twice for every two weeks.

I'm near Seattle. Yeah, people seem to think that that (and its weather system) is the only part of washington. But we have mad-max worthy scenery a few hours east over the pass.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2010, 01:26:31 am »

Hey, all, from Michigan, the land of hockey, a shitload of lakes (more than Minnesota!), hockey, being close enough to Canada to have dual-citizenship, hockey, earflap hats, hockey, ice fishing, hockey and people using their hands as maps. Oh, and hockey, eh?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2010, 01:28:16 am »

I'm close enough to Canada that there is little if any cultural difference across the boarder.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2010, 01:31:30 am »

Does anyone honestly care about Minnesota? I mean, really, if that entire state vanished into thin air would you care at all? I wouldn't. There's nothing signifigant about that state I can think of.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Pathos

« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2010, 01:32:10 am »

Aussies are too wimpy for marmite, so they have their tasteless vegemite instead.
Marmite?

It's interesting, Firefox thinks that Vegemite is a word, but Marmite apparently isn't. Unless it's Mar-mite or something.

Marmite. Basically it's the original vegemite. Far more flavourful (has a lot more taste) but it's basically the same thing.

Wikipedia link.

Firefox is silly.

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2010, 01:35:02 am »

I've never liked Vegemite anyway.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2010, 01:36:28 am »

I'm sure the people who actually live in Minn care about it. Minnesota, however, would not just "vanish" off the map. It's so freakin' cold there that all the water would freeze to absolute zero and then sublimate into nothingness.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2010, 01:42:07 am »

I confess my mind broke a little when I realized my state was responsible for crap like reality shows.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2010, 01:44:18 am »

Nikov:

South Oregon, People's Democratic Commonwealth of California, Newer Mexico.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2010, 02:32:12 am »

I'm struggling to find a stereotype for DC here. Mayhaps a crime-ridden crackhead city, but there are other cities out there that embody that much better than DC. A little help here?
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2010, 08:20:44 am »

I'm near Seattle. Yeah, people seem to think that that (and its weather system) is the only part of washington. But we have mad-max worthy scenery a few hours east over the pass.
And if you go even further, you actually run into some nice forests and mountains.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2010, 08:37:46 am »

Any stereotypes on Switzerland?
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2010, 08:46:58 am »

Aussies are too wimpy for marmite, so they have their tasteless vegemite instead.
Marmite?

It's interesting, Firefox thinks that Vegemite is a word, but Marmite apparently isn't. Unless it's Mar-mite or something.

Marmite. Basically it's the original vegemite. Far more flavourful (has a lot more taste) but it's basically the same thing.

Wikipedia link.

Firefox is silly.

Vegemite tasteless?huh last time i checked vegemite tasted like....errr.....urrrm.......errrrrrrrr..........salt and yeast.I have a sterotype on america [not that i think it is true]:a bunch of gun toting rednecks who don't know what terrorist truly means and want war for no reason
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 08:52:32 am by Dwarf mc dwarf »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10