Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Sterotypes (Not the kind you're thinking of.)  (Read 6417 times)

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sterotypes (Not the kind you're thinking of.)
« Reply #90 on: June 20, 2010, 10:53:11 pm »

Illinoisan here. We're known for Chicago, Bagashit/Blagojeivich, and being that one shitty state.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 20, 2010, 10:59:43 pm »

Illinoisan here. We're known for Chicago, Bagashit/Blagojeivich, and being that one shitty state.

What's with all the "Chicago" business? I don't get it.

Also, you forgot Abe and Baraka Barack Obama.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 20, 2010, 11:57:01 pm »

If it weren't for chicago, IL would be just like any other midwest state with nothing but corn.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 21, 2010, 01:21:28 am »

Don't forget your crappy baseball teams.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 21, 2010, 01:30:44 am »

And Obama's state as senator.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 21, 2010, 01:58:35 pm »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 21, 2010, 02:00:33 pm »

Barrack Obama served a senator for Illinois before becoming president.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 21, 2010, 02:12:14 pm »

I'm from North Carolina and I honestly don't know what the stereotype for Carolinians is, can someone enlighten me? I have cousins in Georgia who consider me a 'city kid'.

The stereotype for North Carolinians is that we are made of pure, unadulterated awesome. It isn't true. We're only 98% pure awesome. The other 2% is made of barbecue, which is sort of a different isotope of awesome.

Note: I'm also a little shocked to find out that there's more than one North Kackalackian on here.

The way we achieved this inhuman level of awesomeness however, is seen in the sad state of our Southern cousins in South Carolina. We sent all the bad shit to the South and purified ourselves in so doing. It's kind of like the Dark Crystal, if the Skeksis waved Confederate flags and drank uncut moonshine and were more or less batshit crazy. I mean, MORE batshit crazy than the Skeksis were.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 21, 2010, 02:26:28 pm »

Unfortunately, the South Carolinian bastards managed to hold onto one good thing: They have the only tea farm in the mainland United States! We must reclaim this, for it rightfuly belongs to the great North Carolinians! We invented flying and killed Blackbeard, damnit!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 21, 2010, 02:30:00 pm »

Does anyone honestly care about Minnesota? I mean, really, if that entire state vanished into thin air would you care at all? I wouldn't. There's nothing signifigant about that state I can think of.

You thinking of ND? ???

Minnesota got bugs, lakes (suck it Michigan) The mall, and the cesspit that is Pies eye St.Paul/Minneapolis.

We are also all Norwegians and Canadians. Hockey as well. Don't forget our lovely seasons -30 winter and 110 road building.

Also we own the great lakes... all of them! Rar!

We are also the farthest north state other than Alaska.

These are all true.

For not true ones are: We are desolate like ND.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 21, 2010, 02:35:45 pm »

They also have Charleston, which I find a damn shame. I've pondered offering them Charlotte in a swap deal. It could be an exclave of North Carolina, like West Berlin.

Isn't Minnesota just like, West Finland? Same geography, same cuisine, same weather, and IIRC most of the Finns that migrated to the US settled there. The Norwegians and Swedes did too, despite the lack of mountains.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 21, 2010, 02:59:56 pm »

Isn't Minnesota just like, West Finland? Same geography, same cuisine, same weather, and IIRC most of the Finns that migrated to the US settled there. The Norwegians and Swedes did too, despite the lack of mountains.

Well ya that's true as well, we are all of those.

We even eat more lutefisk than they do back in the old country.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 21, 2010, 03:09:48 pm »

The only steriotype of Minnesota I know are the mentions of it from "A Prarie Home Companion" on NPR.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 21, 2010, 03:11:43 pm »

Does anyone honestly care about Minnesota? I mean, really, if that entire state vanished into thin air would you care at all? I wouldn't. There's nothing signifigant about that state I can think of.

You thinking of ND? ???

Minnesota got bugs, lakes (suck it Michigan) The mall, and the cesspit that is Pies eye St.Paul/Minneapolis.

We are also all Norwegians and Canadians. Hockey as well. Don't forget our lovely seasons -30 winter and 110 road building.

Ah, we have the same two seasons.
Shoes...

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 21, 2010, 03:29:36 pm »

Well ya that's true as well, we are all of those.

We even eat more lutefisk than they do back in the old country.
I remember starting an argument on USENET one time as to which was more repulsive, grits (corn soaked in lye and made into mush) or lutefisk (cod soaked in lye and made into mush). It actually wound up being about 50/50, which I found hard to believe.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10