Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Embarking only one  (Read 774 times)

Grif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Embarking only one
« on: June 19, 2010, 05:04:32 pm »

Is it possible to embark only one dwarf, either using some tool or whatnot to change the embark screen?

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
Re: Embarking only one
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 05:14:59 pm »

nope, but think of it this way: you get to think of creative ways to kill the others.

Lemunde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 05:20:47 pm »

Quick and dirty way to deal with the others: dig out room, assign six dwarves to squad, move squad into room, seal room with wall.

Stik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 06:12:20 pm »

Quick and dirty way to deal with the others: dig out room, assign six dwarves to squad, move squad into room, seal room with wall.

Easier way, assign burrow in corner of map... Assign dwarfs... Forget about them.

Asellus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 06:26:32 pm »

Drop 'em into a volcano, let the magma sort it out!

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2010, 07:53:06 pm »

My personal favorite is to build a tower of up/down stairs, build a bridge at the top, designate a wall to be built on the other side of the bridge, make five of the victims squad captains and station them under the wall, and turn on masonry for the sixth.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2010, 10:59:50 pm »

Easier way, assign burrow in corner of map... Assign dwarfs... Forget about them.

Won't work, when they reach starving/dehydrated (or too tired if you have beds at all) they'll come mooch off of the fort.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.