Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Author Topic: Goblin camp  (Read 48824 times)

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
Re: Goblin camp
« Reply #195 on: June 24, 2010, 06:12:02 am »

Just try it. You don't even have a face anymore, let alone a mouth  :P.

Wanna bet?

Oh jesus. Are you really... aw, I hated that guy's mouth. Stay away from my eyes.

EDIT

http://www.goblincamp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3&p=7#p7

So how'd the question go, Askot?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 06:16:12 am by Vester »
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 24, 2010, 06:14:51 am »

the lady of pain was so much more stylish

Pathos

« Reply #197 on: June 24, 2010, 06:17:29 am »

Oh jesus. Are you really... aw, I hated that guy's mouth. Stay away from my eyes.

I can't hear you! I'm just a big mouth.

Desdichado

• Bay Watcher
  • The Anti-Zealot Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 24, 2010, 07:17:57 am »

http://www.goblincamp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3&p=7#p7
Oh, man, Goblin Camp has a forum now? DF does, too! What a blatantly obvious theft of ideas!
"I have a puppy instead", which while maintaining a polite tone, is quiet, calculating character assassination against Toady. Do some of you not see it as such, backstabbing?

At least spell my name right.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 24, 2010, 07:34:54 am »

kittens>>puppies

Desdichado

• Bay Watcher
  • The Anti-Zealot Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 24, 2010, 07:51:40 am »

Hah. Your attempt to convert me into a kitten-supporter, with a doubtlessly adorable kitten vid, has been foiled by the Great Firewall of China and its hatred of Youtube!
"I have a puppy instead", which while maintaining a polite tone, is quiet, calculating character assassination against Toady. Do some of you not see it as such, backstabbing?

At least spell my name right.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 24, 2010, 08:05:21 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

izzyryu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 24, 2010, 10:55:10 am »

The guy made a Youtube video, some twits, and some posts in a thread talking about his game (I'd hardly call that a large amount of advertising) and receives a massive wave of hostility and backlash from this forum.
And posts like this obviously have nothing to do with this hostility. Along with all hostility on SA towards df and df's community, and this goon's raid on DF forum. Sure, its all DFers blame. </sarcasm>
Actually, quite a few people on the SA thread called him an ass for doing that. One guy != a "raid." But hey, don't let me get in the way of your persecution complex on Toady's behalf there, sport.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 24, 2010, 11:01:39 am »

Don't worry, its just the annoying ones that stick out.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 24, 2010, 11:23:46 am »

Gonna give Goblin Camp a try when it comes out.

So am I. A little disappointed by a lack of a worldgen, but as stated in his blog, it's not a DF clone.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 24, 2010, 11:58:31 am »

Right, it is a game inspired by DF but not a clone; it's not going to be a full fantasy world generator and it likely won't have an adventurer mode, legends, etc. It's a city builder only as far as I can tell. And that could be cool too, we'll see.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 24, 2010, 12:12:06 pm »

To be honest, the only UI improvements DF needs is an overhaul on constructions and more mouse support (keeping the current keyboard support intact, I'd absolutely hate having to play the game 100% with mouse). Everything else is fully functional, and can be cleared up with a basic walkthrough which is conveniently provided in the forums by the community. Toady has already stated he plans to make an official walkthrough, but closer to release seeing as so much gets added.

The only thing I saw in the goblin camp that seemed like a step up from DF was the constructions, everything else seemed like a step down IMO. Well, maybe that and the tooltips, which would be great for newbies. I'll give Goblin Camp a shot, but seriously... DF IS IN ALPHA!!! People keep forgetting that. It's not in beta, it's not in early release. If Toady was running a normal gaming company, the only people playing the game would be in-house experts.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 12:15:05 pm by Grendus »
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 24, 2010, 12:59:45 pm »

Can anyone link me to the Something Awful thread on Goblin Camp? I'm interested to know more about his plans.

Does anyone here know why some SA members dislike this forum? I had always assumed there would be a lot of overlap with people here going there also.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 24, 2010, 01:06:59 pm »

I'm confused about the first 6 pages of this thread. Why the hostility?
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 24, 2010, 01:36:13 pm »

Can anyone link me to the Something Awful thread on Goblin Camp? I'm interested to know more about his plans.

Does anyone here know why some SA members dislike this forum? I had always assumed there would be a lot of overlap with people here going there also.

goblin camp now has a site and a forum, they're probably more reliable as source of information than the SA thread. the site and this topic should give you plenty of information
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16