Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: The End to the age of myth.  (Read 4978 times)

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
The End to the age of myth.
« on: June 18, 2010, 09:56:02 pm »

ok im assuming that there is an end to the age of myth right? according to the wiki all the gods must die....so in my adventure im going to seek out and destroy all gods. however i dont know how to find them.......so ill just wander around aimlessly till i find one...maybe accepting a few quests along the way. also is there a list of all gods/titans?
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Re: The End to the age of myth.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 11:11:22 pm »

Look into legend mode for the God names and such.
But seriously, I never heard of such as killing gods. Of course, that may be only me.

DarthCloakedDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCloaked
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 12:49:40 am »

Let me know if you ever find one, because I'm 99.5% sure gods do not exist within the standard DF world as physical entities (masquerading demons aside).
Yes. Clearly a bug that ought to be fixed in the future, but exploit it in the meantime.

Aescula: *snerk*  Just thought of a picture I saw a long tome ago...
Darth Guy: A long, long tome ago, in a library far, far away?

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 03:34:04 am »

Silly people, the age of myth ends once a specified percentage of megabeasts and titans are killed, if you're still in the age of myth it means that all of your titans are underground and your dragons are alive. Go to caves and kill the titans and megabeasts (I think you can be in the age of legend with all of your bronze colossi) and you'll go from age of legends to age of heroes and then the age of specific named monsters like Age of the dragon then I don't know what happens.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 07:31:29 am »

Age of Normalcy

DarthCloakedDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCloaked
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2010, 11:24:41 am »

From what I can tell, if all megabeasts are artificially killed, it goes to Age of Twilight.
Yes. Clearly a bug that ought to be fixed in the future, but exploit it in the meantime.

Aescula: *snerk*  Just thought of a picture I saw a long tome ago...
Darth Guy: A long, long tome ago, in a library far, far away?

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2010, 12:12:00 pm »

From what I can tell, if all megabeasts are artificially killed, it goes to Age of Twilight.

I thought there was some age between them like Age of Civilization.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2010, 07:05:28 pm »

I thought there was some age between them like Age of Civilization.

I'm guessing what the age is called when no megabeasts remain depends on the state of the various civilizations.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2010, 07:47:56 pm »

If you create a pocket world, you'll often end up with too few megabeasts for the world to be in the Age of Myth.  You'll end up with the Age of Dragon and Ocean Titan or something similar.  Thing is, I've done this and then gone and killed the creatures that the age is named for, and the age of the world didn't change.  I suspect that age changes only happen in world gen and fortress mode, not adventure mode.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2010, 08:19:13 pm »

Pocket world probably only makes one megabeast and one titan. Back in 40d, I had some of the larger worlds get pared down to three megabeasts/demons, which resulted in the "Age of Three Powers." That was kinda cool.

I don't think the age requirements changed from 40d to the 31_ series, but since megabeasts are harder to kill it's harder to reach the low-megabeasts/end-of-megabeasts ages (outside of pocket worlds and the like)
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2010, 09:40:59 pm »

oh i see. that makes it a bit easier.... though extremely challenging....apperently most of the world my adventurer travel in happens to frequently freeze over.......most deserts are more like tundras......it shouldnt be too hard to kill the beasts+ bronze colossi via encasing in ice.
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2010, 12:12:10 am »

If you create a pocket world, you'll often end up with too few megabeasts for the world to be in the Age of Myth.  You'll end up with the Age of Dragon and Ocean Titan or something similar.  Thing is, I've done this and then gone and killed the creatures that the age is named for, and the age of the world didn't change.  I suspect that age changes only happen in world gen and fortress mode, not adventure mode.
I've had the age change during gameplay before, at least in 40d.  Oddly enough, it was while I was just wandering around.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

Sulphuratum

• Bay Watcher
  • Kitteh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2010, 11:57:56 am »

may theres some guy who counts all megabeasts, and if there arent many of them he runs around and screams: A new world is born!Its now the age of *putagehere*
Serpentine fried up in olivine oil and limonite juice?  Sounds gneiss.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2010, 01:24:23 pm »

The game definitely needs this NPC.

Also, the game changes to the Age of Youreajerkass if you kill him.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2010, 01:29:57 pm »

A mighty adventurer, setting out onto the world.
All gods shall be killed, the opressors removed!
The very ichor of the heavens' dwellers shall descend in rivers!

EPIC!
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.
Pages: [1] 2 3