Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 40d : heeeeeavy...  (Read 876 times)

fanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
40d : heeeeeavy...
« on: June 18, 2010, 01:47:08 pm »

Has anyone found a way to deal with this in 40d? Predictably any dwarf carries this at a snail's pace...

thanks...
fanatic cancels play DF : gone berzerk at framerate.                                                  x1000
------------------------
Pour magma first - ask questions later!

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
Re: 40d : heeeeeavy...
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 01:50:18 pm »

I don't believe jabberers existed in 40d, so probably not :P

DarthCloakedDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCloaked
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 01:51:25 pm »

Obvious modjob.
Yes. Clearly a bug that ought to be fixed in the future, but exploit it in the meantime.

Aescula: *snerk*  Just thought of a picture I saw a long tome ago...
Darth Guy: A long, long tome ago, in a library far, far away?

fanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 01:54:08 pm »

Uh?

I did do some modding but how the hell could i do THAT? checking...
fanatic cancels play DF : gone berzerk at framerate.                                                  x1000
------------------------

fanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 02:01:27 pm »

What the???? searched all the raw/objects : no sign of a "jabberer" weird...
------------------------

JmzLost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2010, 02:18:06 pm »

Jabberer is one of the new cavern creatures in 31.0x.  If you got one in 40d, it's something you modded in.  If you got one in 31.0x, it's normal, except the bag shouldn't weigh that much.  The name at the top of the screen doesn't show any improvements, and you'd need a LOT of add-ons to get that much weight.  Have you been modding the material templates?  The only possibility I can think of is massively increasing the [SOLID_DENSITY] of skin, either on the jabberer itself or the template that all creatures use.  But then all leather would be incredibly heavy.

JMZ
Also, obviously, magma avalanches and tsunamis weren't exactly a contingency covered in the mission briefing.
I can assure you that Ardentdikes is not the first fortress to be flooded with magma. What's unusual is that we actually meant to flood it with magma.

Daetrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2010, 03:09:35 pm »

Someone posted an identical issue a while back. They'd used a 31.0x mod for their 40D game (a tileset will give you the same problem as Genesis or the like).
All you need to know about Ardentdikes
It is really, really easy to flood this place with magma fwiw.

Doors stop fire, right?

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2010, 04:34:57 pm »

Well, a similar issue occurred for 40d a while ago before the release of .31.X. It had to do with a giant worm leather coat I do believe. The solution was to add the tag [STANDARD_FLESH] or something to the creature's raw entry.

Quatch

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_ GRADSTUDENT]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch? Sometimes..
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2010, 10:09:37 pm »

also, failure to define a weight for an item can have it go crazy (such as very heavy), like items built with "wood" rather than a specific kind of wood.
SAVE THE PHILOSOPHER!
>>KillerClowns: It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarven science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".
>>Orius: I plan my forts with some degree of paranoia.  It's kept me somewhat safe.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2010, 10:36:31 pm »

Yeah, the same bug that causes leather to boil. There's no defined values for the creature's leather products, so you end up with insane amounts. This should be a modding forum thread question.