Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Few Questions?  (Read 1388 times)

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
Few Questions?
« on: June 18, 2010, 03:32:14 am »

Is there any way to affect the belarded-ness/muscularity range of certain castes or races?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 11:16:46 pm by Patchouli »

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
Re: Fat/muscle ranges?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 04:26:27 am »

Simplest way to increase muscularity is with the strength modifier. Muscles increase in size as the creature becomes stronger.

As for fat, I cant seem to find an appearance modifier for that. If there realy isnt one you could make an alternate body detail plan (in which tissue thicknesses are defined).
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 04:49:12 am »

Simplest way to increase muscularity is with the strength modifier. Muscles increase in size as the creature becomes stronger.

As for fat, I cant seem to find an appearance modifier for that. If there realy isnt one you could make an alternate body detail plan (in which tissue thicknesses are defined).
logically wouldnt you just make a very large weak creature to have it be a blob of lard?
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

LordNagash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 04:58:03 am »

Fat grows/shrinks with energy storage

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 05:32:40 am »

So muscle is directly related to strength? And I believe I can cap the strength growth per caste with PHYS_ATT_CAP_PERC, yeah?

Fat grows/shrinks with energy storage
Bummer.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2010, 07:14:12 am »

So muscle is directly related to strength? And I believe I can cap the strength growth per caste with PHYS_ATT_CAP_PERC, yeah?
Not sure about the cap, I just set a seperate [PHYS_ATT_RANGE tag for each caste.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Few Questions?
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2010, 11:26:24 pm »

I've unfortunately got another question, sorry.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I tried the wiki, but I'm still not really sure what I'm doing from here. I've referenced the raws from other venomous creatures too.

I could use some help in getting the paralysis to work correctly. The dizziness comes out fine, but I'm not too sure about the paralysis. The idea was to hopefully get people to drop weapons, but there's no indication of anything happening other than everyone getting dizzy. I tried with GRASP instead of HAND as well, so I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong. Does paralysis cause weapon drop?

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2010, 11:40:28 pm »

I've unfortunately got another question, sorry.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I tried the wiki, but I'm still not really sure what I'm doing from here. I've referenced the raws from other venomous creatures too.

I could use some help in getting the paralysis to work correctly. The dizziness comes out fine, but I'm not too sure about the paralysis. The idea was to hopefully get people to drop weapons, but there's no indication of anything happening other than everyone getting dizzy. I tried with GRASP instead of HAND as well, so I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong. Does paralysis cause weapon drop?
I might be wrong about this, but I think weapons are handled as being in the inventory opposed to the hands, which is why they can carry a child, a shield, a sword, and a boulder, all at the same time. (so their inability to move would mabye make them drop the boulder if anything)
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2010, 11:44:19 pm »

Is there any way to affect the belarded-ness/muscularity range of certain castes or races?

[SELECT_TISSUE:FAT]
        [RELATIVE_THICKNESS:10]

Default is 1, the body detail plan either overwrites the default or multiplies it but if you put this in after the body detail plans in the creature it might work. Haven't tested it.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2010, 11:58:56 pm »

I might be wrong about this, but I think weapons are handled as being in the inventory opposed to the hands, which is why they can carry a child, a shield, a sword, and a boulder, all at the same time. (so their inability to move would mabye make them drop the boulder if anything)
Makes sense, I guess. Thanks. I guess I'll just use the lines for full body paralysis then, if hand isn't going to do anything.

[SELECT_TISSUE:FAT]
        [RELATIVE_THICKNESS:10]

Default is 1, the body detail plan either overwrites the default or multiplies it but if you put this in after the body detail plans in the creature it might work. Haven't tested it.
After putting it in my creature files, it didn't seem to change anything. Maybe it is hard-coded, or the fatness of something is strictly in comparison to its own species. Thank you for your help though.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2010, 12:05:10 am »

Makes sense, I guess. Thanks. I guess I'll just use the lines for full body paralysis then, if hand isn't going to do anything.

Full-body paralysis is almost always fatal on account of the lungs being part of the body. The only way to survive is if the severity is very low or the duration is very short, but then there's not much point in giving them the syndrome in the first place.

If you want to stun someone without killing them, massive pain or unconsciousness might be better (mind you, massive pain causes unconsciousness so you might as well skip the middleman and do unconsciousness).
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2010, 01:08:53 am »

Full-body paralysis is almost always fatal on account of the lungs being part of the body. The only way to survive is if the severity is very low or the duration is very short, but then there's not much point in giving them the syndrome in the first place.

If you want to stun someone without killing them, massive pain or unconsciousness might be better (mind you, massive pain causes unconsciousness so you might as well skip the middleman and do unconsciousness).
Oh. Okay, thanks.