Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Space Empires V multiplayer idea.  (Read 7496 times)

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Empires V multiplayer idea.
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2010, 01:28:09 pm »

I think one team should be required to be made up of 4 or more forum goes. 1 works as the president, the rest as congress. Those who can't commit to playing within the time period could still vote on policies (research, production and the like).

I would be interested in this. Never done a PBEM. Not sure if I have V or IV though... I could do a turn every 24, although I am out of town for a weekend once or twice a month.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2010, 02:00:36 pm »

If we get enough people to have teams, each team will organize how that team sees fit. The number of players in teams would be determined solely on number of players available.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2010, 02:26:56 pm »

If we get enough people to have teams, each team will organize how that team sees fit. The number of players in teams would be determined solely on number of players available.

Sounds like a plan.

With teams I may be able to join in.
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2010, 06:03:19 pm »

Well, we have six people, so we can make three teams if everyone else is willing. In either case we have enough for a game.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2010, 07:31:56 pm »

I'm game for teams if that's how everyone else wants to go, and not if not. I'm easy to get along with that way.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2010, 10:37:25 pm »

I have rather particular ideas about how I run my empires, but teams in which anyone can take a turn if they see one available would be brilliant for expediency's sake. so... Anyone want to team up with the weirdo? I am at G.M.T. +10, so someone near G.M.T. -2 would have to be fairly practical. As I say, I have never played multiplayer before, so I know the basics of the game, but expect to reek on the strategic front...

I like bit of starting technology, to give your empire character, but definitely not all technologies. As for Racial points, I don't really care, more gives you greater freedom, but less forces you to really accentuate your theme...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2010, 06:15:32 am »

I have rather particular ideas about how I run my empires, but teams in which anyone can take a turn if they see one available would be brilliant for expediency's sake. so... Anyone want to team up with the weirdo? I am at G.M.T. +10, so someone near G.M.T. -2 would have to be fairly practical. As I say, I have never played multiplayer before, so I know the basics of the game, but expect to reek on the strategic front...

I like bit of starting technology, to give your empire character, but definitely not all technologies. As for Racial points, I don't really care, more gives you greater freedom, but less forces you to really accentuate your theme...

If we do do teams, I'd probably be a good choice for a partner. I'm new to the game so could actually use someone telling me how to run the empire, so I probably wouldn't resist to the way you do it. I'm at GMT -5. And to be honest, you're on the bay 12 forums, I'm pretty sure EVERYONE is a weirdo here in some way or another. On a final note, isn't GMT -2 in the mid-atlantic? I don't think you're going to find many people there...

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2010, 07:33:08 am »

Sounds good! As I said I am new to multiplayer, so I could use someone saying "What are you using talismans for? Everyone knows that they are useless." or "Don't spend all your racial points on increasing mineral production, you get a much better overall effect spreading your points around lots of different resources.". But I can answer "Why doesn't this planet produce anything?" and "How do I build a sphereworld?" so if you are completely new then I should be able to help a bit...

P.S.
 You generally don't build a sphereworld, they take too long and have a nasty habit of killing all your favourite planets. On the other hand, saying that you have 20 fully developed sphereworlds is a pretty good way to impress the neighbours, even if they do laugh at you behind your back...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2010, 01:00:29 pm »

You bastards. I was just gearing up to get a SEV game up today.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2010, 02:59:18 pm »

Not too bad, since yours seems to be different.

Ok, we have one team (RAM and Timferious). Myself, Volatar, Fikes, and Boski are available, if all are still interested.

One rule I heavily suggest is that all ships (Colony ships excepted) be named, as it is a lot easier to talk about the duel between ISS Vengance and HMS Battleaxe than to discuss the battle between DeathFrigate 0023 and Shipkiller 0097.

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2010, 03:07:48 pm »

I'm into it too, I guess.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2010, 05:40:10 pm »

Can't find my copy anywhere I've looked. I'm sure it's down here and not stuffed into some crate, but I can't find it. Don't count me out quite yet though.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2010, 08:15:22 pm »

Have you looked under the manuals? Maybe it fell off the back of something. I don't believe that you need the CD after installation...
Read the First Post!

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2010, 09:53:57 pm »

I'll join in, though in a lax position. I will be gone for 2 weeks at Scout Camp soon too.
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2010, 10:03:26 pm »

I guess I should start bullying timferius into accepting my racial preferences. If only we could customise races in real life too...

P.S.
 Gah! I should have been able to resist that one...
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6