Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Space Empires V multiplayer idea.  (Read 7485 times)

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Empires V multiplayer idea.
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2010, 04:49:32 am »

so a regular non team game with 3 human players?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2010, 05:46:34 am »

I would let someone join my team after the game is started, it is just a matter of letting them send my only fleet through that warp point before my mine sweepers are finished, to catch my enemies before they are ready... And building that sphere world so that, instead of being out in the middle of nowhere, it will be right next to all my best worlds. And then making an awesomely atmospheric and detailed description of the poor colonists who are nervous about how long it is taking to get the warp point defences rebuilt. Should be loads of Fun!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2010, 06:26:33 am »

I'm still here, just been waiting to find out when we're actually starting!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2010, 06:45:07 pm »

Oh, and ummm, okay, multiple starting planets could work, don't really have a strong opinion...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2010, 09:23:30 pm »

Alright, let's go ahead and get started as individuals. We'll go ahead and make our empires with medium points, medium tech, and standard tech cost. If you want a custom shipset, you must post it in this thread and include it in your PM to Mayday, who will be generating the game for us. You have 48 hours from now to pm your empire to Cpt. Mayday. We can continue to discuss the quadrant setup until then. When you PM your empire, DO post in this thread that you sent it, and what the name of your empire is. DO NOT post the empire file in this thread. You may include such information as physical type, atmosphere, and world type. I am hoping for some decent roleplaying, so DO take the time to write a bio of your race and history of your empire. DO use a password to keep everyone honest.

We are using Balance mod version 1.19g and Space Empires V version 1.79.

Repeated for emphasis:

When you PM your empire, DO post in this thread that you sent it, and what the name of your empire is. DO NOT post the empire file in this thread. You may include such information as physical type, atmosphere, and world type. I am hoping for some decent roleplaying, so DO take the time to write a bio of your race and history of your empire. DO use a password to keep everyone honest.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2010, 10:23:57 pm »

How can we contact Mayday? Is timferius teamed up with me? And what format do you want the race data in? Oh, and what if we want to keep the description of our race secret on first-contact?
Read the First Post!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2010, 11:14:00 pm »

First, because of the small number of players, we won't be able to do teams, so you and timferius will both have to create separate empires. Naturally, you are free to ally with him in game if you wish to.

You can contact Captain Mayday through the PM feature of this very forum.
His profile is here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=144

What I want you to do is create your empire in SEV, save it with the "Save Empire to file" button, and send the file you saved to Mayday. He will be able to simply load the file and drop it into the game.

I'm not sure what you mean by "secret on first contact."

I would also like you to provide a roleplaying reason for each of your social picks. If, for example you picked "High Reproduction" you would need to specify that your race gives birth in litters, or that your culture gives incentives to families with lots of kids, or some other reason.

EDIT: I've created my empire. It is the Aprilian Empire.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 12:29:19 am by Lord Shonus »
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2010, 12:51:59 am »

By "secret on first-contact" I mean, if you put down a detailed description of your empire, then anyone can look up your empires description and find out your races complete history, their favourite pastimes, their hopes and dreams, and the colour of their underwear...

Oh, one last thing, I would probably prefer it if nobody can see anyone else's score, though I am more familiar with everyone being able to see everyone's scores...
Read the First Post!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 07, 2010, 12:55:45 am »

It would be much simpler to just use the in-game descriptions. You don't have to go into details about technology or anything like that, just a general cultural and biological overview. You can go into much more detail in your in-character journals/newspapers/diaries/whatever, of course.

Hiding the scores is fine with me.

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 07, 2010, 07:31:00 am »

Ill try to create my empire tomorow evening, At this moment I'm still swamped with a deadline (which incidently is tomorow)

Could you tell me what I need to install? the latest balance mod? howmany racial/techpoints

any banned racial traits?

Edit: oh dont mind me, I just noticed that I overlooked a post... heh...
Edit2: I might not make it in time for that 48 hour deadline... would it be possible to extend the deadline a little?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 07:53:40 am by Talvara »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 07, 2010, 08:08:17 am »

This should point to the 1.79 patch if you don't have that versionhttp://www.spaceempires.net/downloads-file-808.html

And this is from the balance mod site. You should only need to download one of the two following files.
Balance Mod v1.19g (Complete)
Extract to your GameTypes folder, saying 'Yes' to overwrite files.
Balance Mod v1.19g .ZIP Download (11,837KB) | Balance Mod v1.19g .RAR Download (6,281KB)

go to http://www.spaceempires.net if you want to go browsing.

P.S.
 Is there an easy way to review the inventory slots of the various shipsets? I will try to pick something thematically appropriate, but something with an odd number of each type of slot would appeal to me building sensibilities...
Read the First Post!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 07, 2010, 05:26:34 pm »

I don't believe there's an easy way, other than starting a new ame with all technology researched.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 07, 2010, 07:15:46 pm »

Ok, here's a possibly dumb question. How does one send a file via PM? do I need to use a file sharing site of some sorts? any suggestions?

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 07, 2010, 07:22:26 pm »

I just uploaded it to a site (I use http://bb.xieke.com/) and sent the link.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 07, 2010, 07:29:51 pm »

Ok, I've sent the link out to the good captin. The Psiktenia Imperium.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6