Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Exile's Rune Mod  (Read 783 times)

Exiledhero99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Exile's Rune Mod
« on: June 17, 2010, 07:19:14 pm »

This mod is planned to include:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

-5 new stone types
-6 new gem types
-6 new metals
-2 new plants
-3 new races
-changes to currently existing races
-3(?) new workshops (with matching professions)
-The ever popular Display Case
-2 new nobles
-a new power source{incapable of being done apparently}
-various new furniture and items

Inorganics

Plants

Races

Workshops

Display Case
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=57243.msg1249306#msg1249306 -this thread explains what it is.

Trap Lever Test Subjects Nobles

Furniture and items(ever expanding list)

I CHECK THIS DAILY AT THE LEAST, IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, POST.

Daily Progress
I worked on the races, but hit a snag at the moment.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 04:50:54 pm by Exiledhero99 »
If you hit a dwarf with moving water with sufficient strength it will knock the baby out of the mother's arms.  The water can then be used to sweep the baby into a well or cistern for drowning.  The device which does this can also double as a mist generator.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
Re: Exile's Rune Mod
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 07:33:02 pm »

-5 new stone types ~~~~~ cool, simple enough.
-6 new gem types ~~~~~ cool, simple enough.
-6 new metals ~~~~~ cool, simple enough.
-2 new plants ~~~~~  cool, simple enough, not too sure about favoritism though.
-3 new races ~~~~~ haven't even desired to do this, have fun...
-changes to currently existing races ~~~~~ should be simple enough, depending what you're wanting.
-3(?) new workshops (with matching professions) ~~~~~ Buildings are real easy, if you look on my guide, one of the posts has a short list with like 5 or 6 links in it, look for the custom workshop workshop maker. Hmmm, matching professions, possible? I haven't seen if you can make your own profession.
-The ever popular Display Case ~~~~~ love this addition
-2 new nobles ~~~~~ Shouldn't be too tough, haven't done it myself.
-a new power source ~~~~~ I believe this isn't able to be done...
-various new furniture and items ~~~~~ depending on what you want it for, shouldn't be too hard, I don't think you'll have functional furniture though. IE foldable chairs or lounge chairs or king size beds or whatever.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 07:38:50 pm »

I do not think you can make armor that forces trance or accelerates healing.

I do not think you can make a new power source yet, or make a custom workshop that takes power.

You might be able to get elves to favor bright reed, but I'm not sure what factors are taken into account to make a race prefer a specific material over another.

I'm fairly sure that the "psychic missile" attack will have to be either caste specific in the form of a breath attack, or it can't be caste specific in the form of an ammo type that's made of a poisonous material.

I do not think you can influence the specific tastes of a custom noble. At least, I don't see anything in the entity file that would indicate preferences of a noble.

I think hate is still mutual at the moment, in the form of grudges. I do not believe you can force a specific noble to like/dislike another specific noble. Can you make personality ranges caste specific? If grudges are formed by opposing personality types, it would be interesting to have a caste hate another caste. It would probably cause a lot of unhappy thoughts though.

Exiledhero99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 10:45:19 pm »

Thank you both for your input. At least I can abandon the crystal power stand now. oh and I guess I should have just stated that Arcane crystals are needed in all the reactions, not technically for "power" as the game describes it, just a regnant.

Edit: how do I create a breath weapon?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 07:02:20 pm by Exiledhero99 »
If you hit a dwarf with moving water with sufficient strength it will knock the baby out of the mother's arms.  The water can then be used to sweep the baby into a well or cistern for drowning.  The device which does this can also double as a mist generator.