Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Succession Game Draft  (Read 6746 times)

ClaidheamhMor16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Succession Game Draft
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2010, 09:35:24 pm »

Those are good ideas.
I have the world created and am going to be embarking then saving immediately.
Then I'll have to somehow get the files that are needed for you to play to you.

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2010, 09:41:48 pm »

Those are good ideas.
So I no get to pick the starting dwarfs/items/skills/blah blah? Ohh well, only increases the level of 'fun'
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

ClaidheamhMor16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2010, 09:48:26 pm »

Those are good ideas.
So I no get to pick the starting dwarfs/items/skills/blah blah? Ohh well, only increases the level of 'fun'

I'm finished.
I've saved and uploaded the embark picture.
The rest shall be a surprise for you.
Not what files -exactly- do I get to you and how?

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2010, 09:55:20 pm »

Those are good ideas.

I'm finished.
Now what files -exactly- do I get to you and how?
Fixed an error.

Also, just go to Rapidshare and go to your Dwarf Fortress Directory/data/save/and the region the file you want to give me.

Or just upload the entire thing to Rapidshare, as I have a mod installed and would have to download Dwarf Fortress AND that xD
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

ClaidheamhMor16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2010, 10:00:58 pm »

I use phoebes' graphic tileset....

I have the region1 thing right here uploaded.
I'll assume you have WinRAR, just unzip the file and your good to go.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 10:09:36 pm by ClaidheamhMor16 »

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2010, 10:07:22 pm »

Those are good ideas.

I'm finished.
Now what files -exactly- do I get to you and how?
Fixed an error.

Also, just go to Rapidshare and go to your Dwarf Fortress Directory/data/save/and the region the file you want to give me.

Or just upload the entire thing to Rapidshare, as I have a mod installed and would have to download Dwarf Fortress AND that xD

I use phoebes' graphic tileset....
That does not matter. I use a graphic set also. Only not phoebe's.
Story of my life.

ClaidheamhMor16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2010, 10:14:31 pm »

Read your messages.

Are you even there dude?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 10:38:24 pm by ClaidheamhMor16 »

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2010, 10:44:17 pm »

throw me down in there anywhere.

Now I know that we are planing on "Fun" but we should really have an expectation of success. This is a challenge we are trying to complete and not a Sparkgear right?

This means try to keep things clean by hauling in all scrap items to be disposed of or at least stored in stock piles. As well as building a legitimate military force and making sure they live. The fastest way to kill a succession game is to hand over a save that is mid siege with only 2 survivors.

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2010, 10:46:58 pm »

Changes made...
Tileset, because I can.
Economy turned off. I can't stand dwarfs running around trying to count there money and there rooms filled with coins instead of doing there job.

--------------------------
Goals:
To establish a decent base for Robocorn's turn.
Get at least one squad of two units up.
Get into the underground cavern.
BONUS:Get to the Second Cavern Layer
BONUS: Get a fully Armored Squad of Two units
SUPER BONUS Get to the Last Cavern Layer.
SUPERDWARVENLY BONUS: Reach Hell.
ULTRASUPERDWARVENLY BONUS: build a wall around the starting of your Obsidian fort.
----------------------------
Will post stuff later. As I am making epicness right now.
Story of my life.

ClaidheamhMor16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2010, 10:50:19 pm »

Changes made...
Tileset, because I can.
Economy turned off. I can't stand dwarfs running around trying to count there money and there rooms filled with coins instead of doing there job.

Goals:
ULTRASUPERDWARVENLY BONUS: build a wall around the starting of your Obsidian fort.

You sure as hell can't do all that shit in one year.
Just try to get a good base for the others mate.
I agree Military will need to be operational.

Also, I threw you in third place.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 10:51:55 pm by ClaidheamhMor16 »

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2010, 10:56:00 pm »

Changes made...
Tileset, because I can.

Goals:

You sure as hell can't do all that shit in one year.
Just try to get a good base for the others mate.
I agree Military will need to be operational.

Also, I threw you in third place.
So were can I post some of the stuff? I have a good storyline!
Story of my life.

ClaidheamhMor16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2010, 11:00:20 pm »

Here's fine but I'll be transferring everything over to the final thread.
Start updating me damnit I'm drooling for info.

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2010, 11:05:09 pm »

well hold on my dwarfs just randomly started digging everything super fast like some rabid animals.
You mod them to have superspeed?

EDIT: [SPEED:0] I removed that tag and they are doing stuff properly now,
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 11:08:13 pm by Meanmelter »
Story of my life.

ClaidheamhMor16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2010, 11:11:40 pm »

well hold on my dwarfs just randomly started digging everything super fast like some rabid animals.
You mod them to have superspeed?

EDIT: [SPEED:0] I removed that tag and they are doing stuff properly now,

Lol.... I forgot to take that off :P

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2010, 11:51:19 pm »

STORYTIME
It was a warm and sunny day. A Dwarven Civilization called The Treaty of Strokes was a great, affluent civilization full of drunken bards, a large trading government, and peacefulness. They had many cities all with it's own purpose. One was a large Mine filled with Gold, Silver, and Platinum. One was a large sky tower that King Konfor IV set up with his whole 'Dwarf to the moon' theory that he died not to finish, which is now a great tourist attraction filled with much wealth and a museum. The other city was a large Prison holding mainly captured warriors on escapee's. Most of these are filled with Orc's, Elves, and Goblins trying to get out working as Indentured Servants. And the last place. A Large Fort on top of the tallest mountain in all of the land. This city stretches out  8 miles on the surface, 57 Miles under surface, and 18 miles upward to the sky! You want something? You go here. Plain and simple. But that will soon all change.

The current King of the civilization of The Treaty of Strokes is a man called Thikut Athelkulal is a great king indeed. Many good things you could say about this man. And things you could say that are not so good about him! Anyways, while some dwarfs were mining underground they reached a far location underground with loud shreaks. They immediately ran away from the hole to tell the king of the findings. When Thikut heard of there finding, he was surely shocked and ordered the General to send a squad of units down there to go and investigate the shreak's. They were never heard of again.

Later on in the day, there were a lot of reports of strange looking Beings attacking and moving around. The next day, with no word of were the squad is or any news about them, and the large body count of dead people underground. The King ordered the Shaft of the unknown finding to be sealed shut. After an Hour, a Mason who was supposed to be sealing the shaft returned to the king covered in cuts,bruises and missing his left thumb. He told the king that he saw a large army of Creatures coming this way and he barely managed to get out alive.

The King began to try everything to remove the evil people. He requested help from the Humans, Elves, Gnomes, and other Dwarven Civilizations to go down there and kill them all. None returned. The King aware of this threat decided that the mine can not be sealed, so he ordered the town in Siege Mode and drafted everyone who is not allready left of the army into the military except for the Smithdwarves who will be making the armor and whatnot. Then, a Large vile of darkness emerged from the mine and begun to slay the entire city one by one. When they Reached the king, he was beheaded as they continued to slaughter the rest of the town.Luckily, a small part of the town did manage to escape the fort to live another day, and tell the tale.

A small group of seven dwarfs managed to grab all there belonging and some stuff from the stores before they left on a wagon with there pets. They decide to travel to the glacier where being underground will not touch the cold ground. They realize they just left there entire past behind them and there family. They all agree that they will get revenge of the Beings and agree that they will die killing all those demonic fagots. One of the Dwarfs look back and notice a wave of other dwarfs that managed to escape following them. They realize they will have dwarfs that are willing to fight for them. And Slaughter them with them. The leader of the Seven gets up to everyone and decides to call this place Outpost Stokidzanor "ImpailedHearts" The seven also agreed to call the dwarfs living here The Treaty of Hearts. For the first year, one man who has some idea of controlling things calling himself "Meanmelter" Used to own a Stone Amulet Shop. Everyone decided for the first year here, put him in charge.
This is there story...

EDIT: This may not be the best time for a Succession fort. Considering how buggy the release is. I mean, the Military bugs are not that bad as most people seem to forget about the Squad screen and you need a good teacher for Training, but the whole Medical system is a bit buggy. So I do not think we will get far.

SUPEREDIT: It is kinda late but I am not sleeping tonight. I do expect response in the morning because I have some things to say. Also, I don't like the starting stuff. I mean TWO woodcutters? Really? and why all the animals? I am sure we will have enough food with two pairs of dogs. Let alone cats. May I request a restart so I can get my own starting preference in it? Or should I just go with what I have?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 05:28:36 am by Meanmelter »
Story of my life.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5