Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Succession Game Draft  (Read 6759 times)

ClaidheamhMor16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Succession Game Draft
« on: June 17, 2010, 03:02:37 pm »

THIS THREAD HAS BEEN MOVED TO IT'S FINAL DRAFT

Located here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59564.0
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 12:03:03 pm by ClaidheamhMor16 »

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Succession Game Draft
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 03:11:20 pm »

Year four. If needed, I can give you a specific world-gen which will make your challenge easier, or harder, according to what you need.

ClaidheamhMor16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 03:14:00 pm »

Year four. If needed, I can give you a specific world-gen which will make your challenge easier, or harder, according to what you need.

Seeing as a certain someone has said it would be to easy, perhaps you could up the anti a bit with world_gen but don't go over the top.
To clarify: Make it possible but damn well hard to do.
Knowing I'm a nub and all it will seem that it would be best if you handled the embark and all, get the game file we need to play it on.
I dunno how we really get that all sorted out which is why the community is so great at throwing ideas at me.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 03:16:50 pm by ClaidheamhMor16 »

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 03:44:47 pm »

I'm only gonna mess with the worldgen to make it as Fun as possible without dooming us (too soon). What you're really asking for is a custom DF mod made just for this game, and kind sir, you can expect that this one will be a LordSlowpoke Brand World. Spoon will know what I mean.

ClaidheamhMor16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 03:46:59 pm »

I'm only gonna mess with the worldgen to make it as Fun as possible without dooming us (too soon). What you're really asking for is a custom DF mod made just for this game, and kind sir, you can expect that this one will be a LordSlowpoke Brand World. Spoon will know what I mean.

Do what you can to make it challenging and 'fun' :P
I have trust in your ability.
Got any friend's interested in maybe joining?

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 04:09:18 pm »

So... I was pretty lazy this time, and instead of giving you a real challenge, I copypasted the fun bits off every mod I could get my hands on. Then, I messed with worldgen to give me exactly what I want, then threw 45 civs down it's throat, made a few bizzare volcanoes... such stuff. In fact, it's now lagging at year 10, with each subsequent year taking even more time, just as planned, especially on this world. I'm going for 200 and stopping it before my RAM explodes in gore.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 04:11:04 pm by LordSlowpoke »

ClaidheamhMor16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 04:23:19 pm »

So... I was pretty lazy this time, and instead of giving you a real challenge, I copypasted the fun bits off every mod I could get my hands on. Then, I messed with worldgen to give me exactly what I want, then threw 45 civs down it's throat, made a few bizzare volcanoes... such stuff. In fact, it's now lagging at year 10, with each subsequent year taking even more time, just as planned, especially on this world. I'm going for 200 and stopping it before my RAM explodes in gore.

Lol.....

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2010, 05:50:41 pm »

well, I would have to see how the fort is going, so I will hold 3 for now.
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

ClaidheamhMor16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2010, 06:06:23 pm »

well, I would have to see how the fort is going, so I will hold 3 for now.

Well, it's not begun yet, we'll be starting once the slots fill up sufficently.
So I'll write you up for three.

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2010, 06:24:11 pm »

How are we going to start this off? we just gunna dig down to the bowels of hell and attempt to live there? Because if that is the case, I recommend a good starting warrior.

What I recommend is some refuge points as we go down there. This way we can tell what is safe, what is dangerous and whatnot. And control what comes in and out! Also good if we expect to get some Migrants.

If no one calls Year 1, I will take it.
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

ClaidheamhMor16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2010, 06:37:03 pm »

How are we going to start this off? we just gunna dig down to the bowels of hell and attempt to live there? Because if that is the case, I recommend a good starting warrior.

What I recommend is some refuge points as we go down there. This way we can tell what is safe, what is dangerous and whatnot. And control what comes in and out! Also good if we expect to get some Migrants.

If no one calls Year 1, I will take it.

If you have any friends interested in joining hook em up to this thread.
We need as many folks as we can get.
As for the strategies that comes down to the player prefrences.
That's part of the 'fun' in succession games, working off eachother's ideas or having those (WTF IS THIS GUY DOING!?!) moments.
 :P

And remember once we reach hell, we have to create the entire fortress out of obsidian blocks and red crystal.
And then survive five years.

And I may actually take the last year of the survival period just to see what you've all done and log everything up.
You can change your place to 1st if you want.

Lafiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2010, 07:13:46 pm »

Daammmn.

I love this idea, but I don't think I'd be up to it, still pretty new at this. I'll watch from the sidewalks and cheer  8)

ClaidheamhMor16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2010, 07:36:33 pm »

Daammmn.

I love this idea, but I don't think I'd be up to it, still pretty new at this. I'll watch from the sidewalks and cheer  8)

I'm totally new to DF, I just know the basics :P

Which is why I'm taking the last year to see how far we've come and admire the masters technique.
You could take the year before me if you so wish.

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2010, 07:50:23 pm »

FUCK YEAH!
Let's magma the hell outta those hellspawn, Sign me up I can take whatever they can throw.
The hardest part will probably be finding enough red crystal.

ClaidheamhMor16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2010, 07:52:46 pm »

FUCK YEAH!
Let's magma the hell outta those hellspawn, Sign me up I can take whatever they can throw.
The hardest part will probably be finding enough red crystal.

What spot do you want?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5