Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Let dwarves carry more than one thing  (Read 1828 times)

Hague

• Bay Watcher
  • How do I shot web?
    • View Profile
Re: Let dwarves carry more than one thing
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2008, 01:05:00 pm »

Dwarf cancels move item to stockpile: Job item misplaced <<-- Job Stealing.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2008, 02:18:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Hague:
<STRONG>Dwarf cancels move item to stockpile: Job item misplaced <<-- Job Stealing.</STRONG>

I think there are very very specific reasons this happens.  I've never been able to locate this event when it happens (much less scrub back time and figure out what happened), but I believe that most of these are due to moving containers.

Cook can't cook booze: someone drank it (Cook cancels make food: item lost or destroyed)
Hauler can't store item in bin: bin has been moved to a new stockpile (Dwarf cancels move item to bin: item misplaced)

Both of these deal with container vs. contents.  Although, notably, food tasked for cooking can also be tasked for eating (does food get TSK when someone wants to eat it, or does it just become owned?  I think that's the "bug" here).

Things such as cave-ins, constructions, de-constructions, bridges raised, and other events that cause items to be destroyed will also cause these messages.
Dwarf cancels stow stone in stock pile: its burried under a fuck-ton of rock you idiot.

Egarb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2008, 04:18:00 pm »

1. Acquire stone crafting job
2. Pick up nearest available stone
2a. If orders are set to use backpack then goto 2b, else goto 3
2b. Put stone in pack
2c. If remaining carrying capacity < weight of stone then goto 2 else goto 3
3. Take stones to workshop
etc

This would be the simplest one, and would work very similar to the way dwarves already do.  They simply grab the nearest stone, and if they are using packs see if they can carry more and pick the nearest stone again.

Pages: 1 [2]