Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Modding entity positions.  (Read 577 times)

darkevilme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Modding entity positions.
« on: June 17, 2010, 07:23:58 am »

I was just wondering if anyone had started modding entity positions for civilizations or if anyone had started compiling some information on how this is done and what ALL THESE NEW TAGS mean.

For those not up to speed, entity positions are things like mayors and are defined in entity_default.

As a minor aside, i can never get DF to integrate new raw files. So i have to laboriously copy and paste from custom_naga to body detail plans, entity_default, creature_standard and pants. It'd be much easier if had a way to make it read custom_naga really, but that's a lil off topic.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Modding entity positions.
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 11:34:36 am »

Several mods have new entity positions for dwarves and/or new entities of that mod. The wiki has a page for entity position tokens, though it seems there are a few small errors and omissions (There is no FEMALE tag, there obviously is a NAME_FEMALE tag, and there's ALLOWED_CLASS and ALLOWED_CREATURE, and REJECTED_CLASS and REJECTED_CREATURE*). If the wiki page doesn't answer your questions, feel free to ask further.

*the *_CREATURE tags haven't been puzzled out to my knowledge, but I'm using allowed class in Direforged.

As a minor aside, i can never get DF to integrate new raw files. So i have to laboriously copy and paste from custom_naga to body detail plans, entity_default, creature_standard and pants. It'd be much easier if had a way to make it read custom_naga really, but that's a lil off topic.
DF only reads certain files - their names need to start as the other files, so you need creature_blah.txt and the like.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu