Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Author Topic: Arizona Bill Refuses Citizenship to Illegal Immigrant Children  (Read 11139 times)

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
Re: Arizona Bill Refuses Citizenship to Illegal Immigrant Children
« Reply #180 on: June 21, 2010, 06:54:57 pm »

Well, only you would do it because
A) Europe is way too important as an economic/strategic ally to loose, and keeping a millitary force on our soil is an important asset, who can be used in many ways.
B) As I explained the cheap labor of illegal migrant is useful for a lot of poeple, give you a scapegoat and distract you from their incompetence. Why would they suppress immigration?
C) republican candidates live in manors and are surrounded by bodyguard do you really thing they care about your puny insecurity problem.

Edit : beside, that would make you quite popular in Europe, your troops aren't as welcome as before, here.

Edit 2 : I suppose doing the logical thing which is trying to educate/ give a status/ integrate the immigrant in the American society  would be unchristian.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 07:03:41 pm by Phmcw »
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 21, 2010, 07:02:43 pm »

1,951 miles, right? If I were President, I'd take those 52,000 troops in Germany back home along with the 9,000 in Italy and Britain, give Europe a bunch of books on speaking basic Russian, and start a catch and release program using drones, helicopters, and a string of small picket bases along the border. Basically what we're doing on the Afghanistan / Pakistan border without the Spooky gunship strikes.
Wait, why would Europe suddenly start speaking Russian?
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 21, 2010, 07:05:24 pm »

I think he's implying that Russia will get its conquer on if there are no US troops stationed in Europe.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 21, 2010, 07:07:01 pm »

There's a US base just down the road from here.  They're not here to keep order or for defence - it's more as a base which they can be deployed from quicker.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 21, 2010, 07:08:05 pm »

I think he's implying that Russia will get its conquer on if there are no US troops stationed in Europe.
I'm not sure about that, but I do know that the main reason we have troops in Germany is because the Allies decided that they shouldn't have much of an army, and it should take a long time to rebuild.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 21, 2010, 07:10:53 pm »

Actually, the main reason we now have a bunch of troops in Germany is because it's the army's big medical center for troops in the Middle East, so they can get hospital care that can't be maintained in theater without going all the way back to America.  Why it's in Germany I don't know, but I guess that was the closest they could get permission for from allied countries.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 21, 2010, 07:14:23 pm »

Yes, I was implying that the entire idea was so ludicrous I wouldn't even think of it.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 21, 2010, 07:14:37 pm »

Not conquered, but "finlandized": since Russia has a ton of troops, Germany knows that they have to follow Russia, and so they do.

Same reason why the US refused to deploy its troops out of Okiwana, Japan, despite the Japanese government's desire for the Americans to get out: the Americans were worried that Japan would get "finlandized" by China.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 21, 2010, 07:21:19 pm »

A military base in Germany after ww2? Well, it was also to keep an eye on it.
And  well, having troops in another country is always a good way to ensure it's cooperation.

Mind you, this is annoying us as well.
Especially since we haven't had our word to say on the matter of transiting troops in Antwerp's harbor for the war in Iraq.
We wanted to forbid it, our minister of foreign affairs deposed and official request but we were told that there was a secret treaty and that we just had to shut up. http://www.grip.org/bdg/g2019.html
If you want your troops back you're welcome.

Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 21, 2010, 09:46:43 pm »

I can't read French, but I remember that secret treaties were illegal during the period of the League of Nations. I thought secret treaties were still illegal under international law, but maybe I'm wrong. :-[
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 21, 2010, 09:54:56 pm »

Something being illegal doesn't necessarily stop it from happening.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 21, 2010, 10:27:44 pm »

Also that's why they're secret.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 22, 2010, 12:14:51 am »

Its business as usually until you get caught doing it.

And when caught, you deny and delay as long as possible to cover it up by destroying evidence.  If that fails, continue denying it anyways and continue destroying the evidence so that any effort to criminalize you would be hampered by lack of overwhelming proof.

Hoping in the end that it would become coined as a crackpot conspiracy theory thought up by crazy people.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 12:22:18 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 22, 2010, 01:04:35 am »

Not conquered, but "finlandized": since Russia has a ton of troops, Germany knows that they have to follow Russia, and so they do.

Same reason why the US refused to deploy its troops out of Okiwana, Japan, despite the Japanese government's desire for the Americans to get out: the Americans were worried that Japan would get "finlandized" by China.

Finlandized? What are you talking about?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 22, 2010, 05:13:16 am »

Finlandization refers to a situation in which you haven't conqured a country, and they retain sovereignty, but they are kept out of international politics by a larger neighbor country. As such, their entire international policy and some of their national policies are determined by an outside force.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15