Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15

Author Topic: Arizona Bill Refuses Citizenship to Illegal Immigrant Children  (Read 11228 times)

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
Re: Arizona Bill Refuses Citizenship to Illegal Immigrant Children
« Reply #90 on: June 18, 2010, 11:28:19 pm »

You've read the law, right? You noticed how it strictly forbid racial profiling, right? You completely ignored it because it was inconvenient, didn't you?
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Zifnab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 18, 2010, 11:29:46 pm »

The laws don't just target Mexicans, Central Americans, and South Americans.  Its just that most of them are from there.

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 19, 2010, 12:24:27 am »

You've read the law, right? You noticed how it strictly forbid racial profiling, right? You completely ignored it because it was inconvenient, didn't you?

Quoting for emphasis.
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 19, 2010, 01:06:33 am »

I agree.  It is very convenient.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 19, 2010, 01:32:02 am »

Yes, of course.  Because all you have to do is say, "Hey, most-famously-racist cops in the country, you can't profile anymore!", and it stops that shit cold.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 19, 2010, 01:36:20 am »

Yeah, I mean, it worked for desegregation right? They said it was illegal, and it just stopped. Mmhmm.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 19, 2010, 01:58:49 am »

Dear Diary,

Today I learned nothing brings out irrational hatred like suggesting law enforcement enforces laws.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 19, 2010, 02:30:32 am »

You're actually trying to say that just calling a something against the law means the people who have the power to enforce the law, and whose word is always treated as sacrosanct, will just...

Actually, you're right, it is irrational.  You've stupided me right out of the ability to form a coherent response.  Well done sir, you've said something so outlandish I don't know where to begin proving you wrong.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 19, 2010, 02:35:57 am »

Yes. It is remarkably stupid to assume judges, juries, officers, detectives, political action groups and politicians will all hop on the "lets be racist fuckwits" wagon just because of your bias against the police.

Hey, what do you call assuming someone behaves in a certain way just because of who they are or what they do?

Profiling! The same mortal sin you presume the police officers will commit, you yourself are committing against them! What a glorious hypocritical discussion we're all having here. Lets keep this thread unlocked for shameless and self-rightous bigotry.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 19, 2010, 02:38:17 am »

Yes. It is remarkably stupid to assume judges, juries, officers, detectives, political action groups and politicians will all hop on the "lets be racist fuckwits" wagon just because of your bias against the police.

Hey, what do you call assuming someone behaves in a certain way just because of who they are or what they do?

Profiling! The same mortal sin you presume the police officers will commit, you yourself are committing against them! What a glorious hypocritical discussion we're all having here. Lets keep this thread unlocked for shameless and self-rightous bigotry.
Iknorite?  We are all hypocrites of the highest caliber and expect the same from our fellow humans.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 19, 2010, 02:39:36 am »

And sarcastic trolls. Can't forget that.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 19, 2010, 02:46:04 am »

And sarcastic trolls. Can't forget that.
You got good material. Your levels of assumption are epic.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 19, 2010, 03:05:11 am »

If assumptions were radioactive, I'd finally get some peace and quiet after you all curled up and died.

Pathos

« Reply #103 on: June 19, 2010, 03:48:37 am »

TL;DR: There's no such thing as a racist if the law forbids being racist.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 19, 2010, 07:48:54 am »

I'll make the same assumption about a *portion* of said law enforcement because I work with them. Some are blatantly racist. That said, others are Hispanic themselves. Actually, a LOT of law enforcement personnel on the border are Hispanic. I mean, two of the major job requirements are that you live in the area, and speak at least passable Spanish.

If people want to come here and work and pay taxes, I say let 'em in, just get a basic cataloguing. Americans tend to forget--when most of our ancestors came here, there were no reams of paperwork to fill out, no hundreds of dollars worth of clerical fees and licenses to pay, no lengthy background check. My great-grandparents got off the boat, gave their names in a barely understandable dialect of German, said what country they were from, and what state they were headed for. That was IT.

I think the immigration issue really should take a backseat to the narco-war issue. That shit is starting to make the Taliban look like a British polo club by comparison. They found a handful of corpses in some caves near Cancun the other day, with their f**king hearts cut out and "Z" (probably for "Zetas") carved into their stomachs. I know Federal agents who have flatly said that they would take a year's detail in Baghdad over a month in Juarez.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15