Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15

Author Topic: Arizona Bill Refuses Citizenship to Illegal Immigrant Children  (Read 11152 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Arizona Bill Refuses Citizenship to Illegal Immigrant Children
« Reply #150 on: June 20, 2010, 07:38:25 pm »

Wait, you're saying illegal immigrants come to Arizona just to rape someone or kill a few people and then go straight back?  And, if I'm honest, I don't understand the "stealing jobs" aspect... would people giving birth also be "stealing jobs"?

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 20, 2010, 07:40:43 pm »

Wait, you're saying illegal immigrants come to Arizona just to rape someone or kill a few people and then go straight back?  And, if I'm honest, I don't understand the "stealing jobs" aspect... would people giving birth also be "stealing jobs"?

No it would not. The jobs are intended for the people of the nation. Not the people of another nation. It is like leaving mints out in your office. You intend them for people entering your office. When one of your appointments brings an advisor or something (the child born) it is cool. When someone going to a different office walks in just to grab some mints, it is not cool.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 20, 2010, 08:03:28 pm »

Since the illegal immigrants are about 95% Hispanic, it is assumed anyone against illegal immigration is a filthy white redneck racist.

Ohhh strawman-showdown is it? Lets play!

Since a law was passed stating that anyone who looks like they might be a filthy immigrant must be stopped and asked for their ID and papers (and as nikov said, 95% of illegal immigrants are hispanic) institutionalised racism exists in Arizona.

Your turn. :D

So if crack cocaine is illegal, and say 95% of all crack abusers were black, would that make crack cocaine drug stings racist?
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 20, 2010, 08:33:11 pm »

People that don't live in a border state or town can yammer all they want but they don't live where the problem is and see it every day.
I live in the Pacific Northwest and these illegal Canadian immigrants aren't actually too bad.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 20, 2010, 08:39:47 pm »

So if crack cocaine is illegal, and say 95% of all crack abusers were black, would that make crack cocaine drug stings racist?

No. But passing a law that tells the police they must stop anyone who fits the profile of a crack user, and then telling them in so many words that the profile in question has "Black" at top of the list, is racist.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
Re: Arizona To-Be-Law Refuses Citizenship to Illegal Immigrant Children
« Reply #155 on: June 20, 2010, 08:59:50 pm »

We are all illegal immigrants on the native's land
Nah, we bought a lot of the land fair and square. Also conquered.
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 20, 2010, 11:56:26 pm »

No. But passing a law that tells the police they must stop anyone who fits the profile of a crack user, and then telling them in so many words that the profile in question has "Black" at top of the list, is racist.

Well, its a good thing the law doesn't say that at all.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 21, 2010, 12:46:48 am »

Well, its a good thing the law doesn't say that at all.

It doesn't have to.  When the local cop knows that hispanics fit the bill for illegal immigrants.  You probably won't find them asking whites if they are illegal, except to be jackasses.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 21, 2010, 01:13:30 am »

People that don't live in a border state or town can yammer all they want but they don't live where the problem is and see it every day.

This. I live in Tucson, and couldn't agree more.

It doesn't have to.  When the local cop knows that hispanics fit the bill for illegal immigrants.  You probably won't find them asking whites if they are illegal, except to be jackasses.

Exactly. Let's be realistic. The vast majority of illegal immigrants near the US-Mexico border are of Hispanic descent. Those of you who complain that the bill itself is racist apparently have not read the bill itself. There is a statement in the bill that outlaws investigation that is "based solely on race, color or national origin."

The attorney general or county attorney shall not investigate complaints that are based solely on race, color or national origin.

Read if for yourself. Page 7 of the PDF, lines 28-30. http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/49leg/2r/bills/sb1070s.pdf
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

subject name here

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 21, 2010, 01:16:23 am »

like that'll do anything to stop racial profiling  ::)

god i hate arizona bill

AtomicPaperclip

• Bay Watcher
  • Who names their kid dagger anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 21, 2010, 01:21:16 am »

It's not like they have any more ability to racially profile than before.

You have to show ID every time you get stopped anyway.
Dear Toady: Keep up the good work man, we appreciate you and the game beyond words.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 21, 2010, 01:48:44 am »

This bill is hilariously unconstitutional on the face of it.  What part of "if you are born here you are a citizen" is hard to understand?  But I'd give the bill a 25% chance of surviving on a 5-4 decision.

I love the immigration debate.  There's basically two choices going forward.

1) Choice one, we use enforcement to stop illegal immigration: very, very, very, very, very hard
2) Choice two, we allow more legal immigrants then secure the border: easy

Of course, if we did 2, then 1 would become easy because there wouldn't be illegal immigrants anymore.  But people have it in their minds that we need to do 1 before we can do 2.  Never mind that if we did 2, we wouldn't need to do 1 anymore.  Or the fact that if we just did 1 first we would save approximately 11 gazillion dollars and authorizing the police to send a Doberman up our asses to search for wetbacks.  For some reason, people love to trumpet the fact that if we just got 1 done, then it would be time to do 2.

It's almost like they don't want to do 2 at all and are just dragging their feet.

To all you racists border security lovers out there, I just want to take a moment to pre-emptively gloat.  The history books are going to make you guys look like a bunch of turds in 100 years.  How do I know?  Because people just like you look like a bunch of turds in the history books of today.  Of course, your schools won't have any money for history books because you blew all your money on keeping the mexicans out.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

AtomicPaperclip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 21, 2010, 02:13:07 am »

To all you racists border security lovers out there, I just want to take a moment to pre-emptively gloat.  The history books are going to make you guys look like a bunch of turds in 100 years.  How do I know?  Because people just like you look like a bunch of turds in the history books of today.  Of course, your schools won't have any money for history books because you blew all your money on keeping the mexicans out.
This statement is more bigoted than the people/opinions you are attacking.
Dear Toady: Keep up the good work man, we appreciate you and the game beyond words.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 21, 2010, 02:36:54 am »

I'm attacking the bigots for their beliefs, nothing else.  I don't care if your black white or green, if you hate immigrants, you deserve my scorn.  Where's the bigotry in that?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

AtomicPaperclip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 21, 2010, 02:50:33 am »

I'm attacking the bigots for their beliefs, nothing else.  I don't care if your black white or green, if you hate immigrants, you deserve my scorn.  Where's the bigotry in that?
Deeming all people who believe in secure boarders as racists is bigoted.

Not taking reasons for opposing opinions, or willfully disrespecting those opinions is bigoted.

Saying that all people who want secure boarders hate immigrants and deserve scorn is bigoted.

I'm attacking the bigots for their beliefs, nothing else.
bigot - a prejudiced person who is intolerant of any opinions differing from his own
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 02:52:46 am by AtomicPaperclip »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15