Undecided
- 4 (6.9%)
no, it's fucking great
- 4 (6.9%)
Never played it
- 33 (56.9%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: APB: the spray and pray over hyped crap edition  (Read 7240 times)

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
Re: APB: the spray and pray over hyped crap edition
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2010, 12:40:00 pm »

I bet they go Free to Play with Item Shop.  It's the only method that can compete with WoW.
They don't have to compete with WoW. All they gotta do is have a profit. Like pretty much every MMO you can pick from right now.

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2010, 01:06:54 pm »

So either I am lieing or didn't play the game.
Even though I have 8 hours of playing under my belt, I can even screen shot it if you want to see.
Seriously, the game blows, it was another over hyped piece of crap.
Maybe if they tried to actualy develope a game and not a hyped shitty GTA clone they would have a game.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2010, 01:29:02 pm »

So either I am lieing or didn't play the game.
Even though I have 8 hours of playing under my belt, I can even screen shot it if you want to see.
Seriously, the game blows, it was another over hyped piece of crap.
Maybe if they tried to actualy develope a game and not a hyped shitty GTA clone they would have a game.
I have around 100 hours. I'm saying a lot of the things you said are wrong, most likely because you also played against newbies and didn't have time to find them out.

Not contesting that as of right now, it is bad. Because it is.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2010, 01:13:58 pm »

So apparently, since the general buzz about the beta has been pretty negative the APB team decided to impose a press emargo on reviews. No reviews are allowed to be posted untill a full week after release.

They're trying to tell gaming journalists they can't go and by a copy of the game, and write a review of it that day.

Madness...

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2010, 01:27:08 pm »

For the record, I didn't write that review, nor have I even played the game.
That was direct copypasta from another forum that I frequent.  The guy there was basing it off his own experience and that of most of the userbase of that forum...  Not so sure he's wrong, but whatever.  I never planned on getting this game, and I most certainly have not changed my mind.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2010, 01:46:36 pm »

It's a decidedly meh game. Also, there was a thread for this. Use the search button.

I loved the customization aspect, but there is a serious lack of weapon balance, and with the lag, driving sucks.

There are a few powerhouse weapons that are great, and the rest they don't hold a candle to. Combine that with slotted weapons, and you have a qq-fest like never before.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2010, 07:33:53 pm »

Bought for the editor...

And the issue I was having with just starting the thing I had when I was trying the beta hasn't been fixed.  It still downloads to 99.9% and then fails when I start the launcher manually (despite having already downloaded it via Steam), and Steam just gives me the "allow APB" Windows prompt, and then nothing happens ever.

So I lost $50 on something that refuses to work for me.

:'(

And Steam apparently tracks those failed startups, so now it's mocking me with "last played today".

>:(

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2010, 12:03:41 am »

Called it.

There are some genres that don't mix well. FPS and MMO just don't work well together, every time an FPS plays online it's either a match based system or co-op (or both). And I can't think of any off the top of my head that tried to price like an MMO.

Besides, APB missed the market by about half a decade at least. The GTA clone wave has come and gone.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2010, 12:08:11 am »

Sure they do. APB would have been perfect, if it wasn't for the stupid mechanics they tried to push in. It was simply badly thought on a programming/performance point of view.

All the coolness aspect of APB makes me really wish for it to get better in 6 months or a year, so I can go play it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2010, 12:10:23 am »

I tried it, I didn't like it.

My Bro tried it, he hated it even more then I did.

The flaws are rather glaring when you play it, while the possitives tend to be bogged down.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2010, 01:10:34 am »

I wish Planetside hadn't been owned by SOE.  It's still a really great game in some ways, but SOE seems determined to ruin everything they touch.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

janekk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2010, 02:32:03 am »

I was lucky enough (actually it had nothing to do with luck, they selected especially helpful beta testers 8)) to be invited to public test world so I can pretty much play this game for free BUT I don't. Its just too boring, too repetitive, bug riddled, poorly balanced piece of carp. Sure customization options are nice but that's all this game has to offer. I'll check it in year or so, well if APB will still be around by that time.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2010, 02:52:19 am »

Same thing here, Janekk. It they had taken a mix of guild wars + TF2 approach, they could have done a much better game, in my opinion.

The bright side of the game, the customization, the music, the voip, all becomes meaningless when the gameplay is so crappy.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2010, 03:04:57 am »

I really don't even care about the gameplay, I just want to mess with the editors.  I loev character editors, and APB's looks so sweet.

But the game just won't let me have them.  Dammit dammit dammit.  Nothing works ever.

It seems that even their login servers are down right now or something (clicking login on the forum gives me page-not-found; switching to EU login server gives me page-not-found), so I can't even ask them for help.  It's as if I've been conned, mugged, and then given a huge serving of delicious [whatever] and having it slapped out of my hands and stomped on when I try to take a bite.

janekk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2010, 07:17:13 am »

The bright side of the game, the customization, the music, the voip, all becomes meaningless when the gameplay is so crappy.
No way voip is broken as hell. When I got into beta I bought headset for APB because ingame voicechat is so convenient but it almost never worked for me, sometimes it did but for few seconds, minutes so it wasn't reliable. I ended up not using it at all. I tried to set vent server for my clan but I have dynamic IP so it was too much pain in the buttocks. I had to type in everything anyway.

As for customization I have one negative thing to say: why can't I mirror sides?? It would be so much easier to do cars. Otherwise it is really good. Though its very boring to see that [insert large number] black nazi or other stupid, stupid immature thing.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 07:19:27 am by janekk »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4