Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14

Author Topic: If you ruled the world...  (Read 16492 times)

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
Re: If you ruled the world...
« Reply #180 on: June 20, 2010, 03:54:04 pm »

You sure told them...
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

Chutney

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 20, 2010, 03:56:42 pm »

no, he's right. I want subject name here to rule the world.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 20, 2010, 03:58:22 pm »

i will create a utopia for all the worlds libertarians, libertarians of all stripes will live there. libertarians who don't want their tax dollars being given to racial minorities welfare bums, libertarians who read ayn rand in high school and think they're better because of it, people who are libertarians because man... the parties are both the same and that ron paul guy said he'd legalize pot, crazy libertarians who believe the free market will fix everything, etc.

then i'd nuke the everloving **** out of it! everyone who survives will wish they didn't! then i'd turn the entire place into a post-apoc themepark! the survivors will live in a state of constant poverty! nobody is allowed to help them because welfare is wrong! the only reason they're poor is because they're lazy! everyday the tvs will turn on and the guy from saw will give a speech like in the movies! their entire lives will be spent on the receiving end of objectivism while the "welfare bums" they looked down upon now work high paying jobs hunting them for sport as "raiders". 

now that i put it like that i guess it'd still be libertopia (oh snap! take that randroids!)

I would do the same, but for people who make strawman arguments.
Shoes...

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 20, 2010, 08:36:29 pm »

I still like my idea of having someone else pretend to be leader while I control from the shadows. Much safer that way.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 22, 2010, 12:10:41 am »

It's only safer if you can guarantee complete control of your puppet. Look ho much trouble the Soviet Uniot had with the Kims.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 22, 2010, 12:11:51 am »

I still like my idea of having someone else pretend to be leader while I control from the shadows. Much safer that way.
But then you would never know if he was the puppet... or YOU.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 22, 2010, 01:24:03 am »

If I have access to whatever I want and don't have to make any important decisions, I'm happy for people to go behind my back provided nobody puts a knife in it.

Sevrun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 22, 2010, 05:34:58 am »

If I have access to whatever I want and don't have to make any important decisions, I'm happy for people to go behind my back provided nobody puts a knife in it.
Yes, but you and I both know how powerhungry humans are, putting a knife in your back to take your position of authority would be the first thing you did, and if you gave it up willingly then you wouldn't be likely to have access to anything you wanted for long... 
Demon of Darkness

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 22, 2010, 05:35:47 am »

I know. Yet another reason I'll never rule the world.

God knows why I'd want to.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 22, 2010, 06:03:06 am »

putting a knife in your back to take your position of authority would be the first thing you did

Leaving aside the fact that loyal subordinates do indeed exist, putting a knife in someone's back to gain his position, is not as straightfoward to do as you might think
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Sevrun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 22, 2010, 08:47:13 am »

putting a knife in your back to take your position of authority would be the first thing you did

Leaving aside the fact that loyal subordinates do indeed exist, putting a knife in someone's back to gain his position, is not as straightfoward to do as you might think

Oh dear, another one who thinks that every statement is an absolute with no room for deviation.  Ever.  And yes, it is just as straight-forward as I think it is.  That does not make it clean or easy, quite the contrary as history is littered with murdered rulers being very quickly followed by those who plotted to take their place.  Caesar being admittedly the most famous of such, terrible when you're not the only one who studies history isn't it?
Demon of Darkness

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 22, 2010, 09:05:37 am »

Oh dear, another one who thinks that every statement is an absolute with no room for deviation

terrible when you're not the only one who studies history isn't it?
Uh oh. Seems to me someone is butthurt.

Dude, if you dont like your statements getting criticised perhaps you should ponder them a bit before you type them.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 22, 2010, 11:19:20 am »

One Race, No Religion and One Political Party. Genetic Engineering and Robotics would be the fields of science most money would be put into. People with undesirable traits will be "Swedenized", soldiers will be the offspring of genetic engeeniring. Enemies will be vaporized, all traces of their existence would be removed. All manual labor would be done by robots.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 22, 2010, 02:51:52 pm »

Oh dear, another one who thinks that every statement is an absolute with no room for deviation.  Ever.  And yes, it is just as straight-forward as I think it is.  That does not make it clean or easy, quite the contrary as history is littered with murdered rulers being very quickly followed by those who plotted to take their place.  Caesar being admittedly the most famous of such, terrible when you're not the only one who studies history isn't it?

I agree with Chairman, you sound butthurt.

Caesar wasn't summarily replaced by the people who plotted to take his place, by the way. The whole thing sparked a short civil war, by the end of which all the assassins were dead or exiled, and Augustus, Julius's heir, ended up as Emperor, meaning the Senators' plan failed.

I hope that when you say 'studies history', you don't mean you study it in a university setting. If so, you need to start working harder or choose a new major.

One Race, No Religion and One Political Party. Genetic Engineering and Robotics would be the fields of science most money would be put into. People with undesirable traits will be "Swedenized", soldiers will be the offspring of genetic engeeniring. Enemies will be vaporized, all traces of their existence would be removed. All manual labor would be done by robots.

Only a matter of time before somebody suggested ethnic cleansing. :D
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 22, 2010, 04:35:55 pm »

Only a matter of time before somebody suggested ethnic cleansing. :D

I suppose so, it goes by the horrible idea that if there was one race, no religion and a single party state people will have alot less to bicker over. It doesnt matter which party or race, only that there would only be one.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14