Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14

Author Topic: If you ruled the world...  (Read 16534 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: If you ruled the world...
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2010, 07:43:29 am »

never heard about that movie.

the game is "the moon project" which apparently is a sequel to earth 2150.

Nolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2010, 10:41:32 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
tl;dr: Attain immortality and mess around with everyone, genocide, etc. You know, normal dictator stuff.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2010, 11:34:04 am »

I'd immediately invite all the most brilliant economists, sociologists, futurists, politicians, etc. to an extremely long and boring meeting/series of meetings where people who actually have the competence to make the world a better place got to determine what to do next, reaching an unsatisfactory compromise than non the less is the best option in the long run. I'd act responsibly, sanely, and altruistically.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2010, 11:54:41 am »

Here's what I'd try to do, before I was instantly assassinated.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

8) Yeeeah
Agora: open-source, next-gen online discussions with formal outcomes!
Music, Ballpoint
Support 100% Emigration, Everyone Walking Around Confused Forever 2044

Zifnab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2010, 12:24:14 pm »

I'd redo the justice system.  Get rid of most criminal laws where there is no victim, make it a criminal offence if a judge determines you sued for frivolous reasons, and make the death penalty the maximum penalty for most remaining crimes.  What?  You've been convicted of burglary 100 times?  Into the magma.  Raping and torturing little kids?  Into the magma.  Stole hundred of millions of dollars in one of the greatest ponzi schemes of all time?  Into the magma and all assets siezed.
Meanwhile I'd let my massive bureaucracy focus on improving the world' education, focusing on innovation, logic, and problem solving abilities.
I'd have free clinics set up across the world.  Not doing major stuff, but setting bones, diagnosing common illnesses, doing vacinations and sports physicals and other common, low-tech things.
I'd end welfare.  If you want to eat, you work.  If you don't want to work, and your friends and family can't provide for you, there is always the government approved suicide box.  If you can't find work, there is always work for the government related to my megaproject.
I'd gather the world's greatest minds and most of the world's resources into a megaproject.  We would either bring humanity to the Space-faring Age or burn out the world trying.  Because lets face it.  At the rate we are going, this planet will be mined out long before we make it past Mars with a spacecraft containing people.
A second group made up of scientists, engineers, and buisnesspeople would be tasked with using advanced technologies to improve the world. 
If it looked like we were going to fail, I'd have my third group made up of scientists and hippies release into the environment enough mind altering drugs to keep humanity in a peace and love state of mind for the next 10,000 years.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2010, 01:43:12 pm »

I would mandate chocolate items for my room, and ban use of all magma
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2010, 01:45:28 pm »

and ban use of all magma
ELFFFFF! :P
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Chutney

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2010, 01:48:02 pm »

I'd end welfare.  If you want to eat, you work.  If you don't want to work, and your friends and family can't provide for you, there is always the government approved suicide box.  If you can't find work, there is always work for the government related to my megaproject.
Ouch. Why do so many people want to end welfare, instead of improve it?

Renault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2010, 02:40:23 pm »

You know, the more I read about the 'ideal governments' people are listing here, the happier I become that none of them are ever going to actually rule the world.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2010, 02:46:28 pm »

I'd make 1984 a reality.

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2010, 02:52:16 pm »

I'd make 1984 a reality.
1984 -was- a reality. It happened before 1985 and after 1983.

*ducks*
Agora: open-source, next-gen online discussions with formal outcomes!
Music, Ballpoint
Support 100% Emigration, Everyone Walking Around Confused Forever 2044

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2010, 02:54:29 pm »

He'd make George Orwell's 1984 a reality.
Also, I'd outlaw semantics.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 16, 2010, 03:03:17 pm »

Ouch. Why do so many people want to end welfare, instead of improve it?

Because welfare promotes more people sitting on their ass instead of helping people who can't work.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 16, 2010, 03:03:50 pm »

You know, the more I read about the 'ideal governments' people are listing here, the happier I become that none of them are ever going to actually rule the world.
Seconded. as you might tell from my previus post.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2010, 03:07:24 pm »

I'd force encourage my subjects loyal citizens to build a giant pyramid temple complex as a monument to my manhood FOR SCIENCE
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14