Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14

Author Topic: If you ruled the world...  (Read 16491 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
If you ruled the world...
« on: June 15, 2010, 09:58:12 pm »

So, What would you do? What laws would you make? What government would you have?

Personally, and realistic, I would likely be a rather horrible but good-intentioned king. I don't think I have the stuff to run a country, much less the world. I don't belive I would be that opressive though, just suck at my job.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
Re: If you ruled the world...
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 10:00:15 pm »

I would make everyone eat ice cream breakfast, lunch and dinner.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 10:05:28 pm »

Bah, I accidentally exit'd out of my long text.

Long story short, it would suck to be the top dog of the world, what with the responsibility, the hatred, the disagreements, and the assassinations/people who want to be top dog too.

It would rock to be part of the world-dominating protege, where you get to suck off all the money and power, with reduced responsibility and murder attempts.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Renault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 10:07:10 pm »

I'd build host a huge gathering of all the worlds leaders, then run into to the room and shout "OBJECTIVISM RELIGION STAR WARS TRILOGIES ANIME TWILIGHT," and then flee before human civilization collapses in a frenzied orgy of obnoxious, self-righteous holy war.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 10:12:35 pm »

It would be the equivalent of a Technological Singularity. Defund all the silly miltary-industrial complexes, then use the money saved to put into R&D and generally start a world wide golden age with new technologies.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 10:26:13 pm »

First, I'd make sure that UN obtains more competent leaders.
Second, I'd attempt to make sure each country and possibly each province/state have a representative.
Basically, I'd have a huge House of Representatives.

Then again, there is always a problem with ruling the world.
If you rule from America and someone starts a rebellion in Kazakhstan it may take a veery long time to quell it.

Griffionday and Strife had a loong conversation about what would a world without borders be like. Should have saved it.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 10:28:25 pm by Phantom »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 10:33:54 pm »

I would be an oppressive tyrant.  Forcing change everywhere for 'better or worse'.   The ground work for humanity to be united and for the 4x into space.  Also, ensuring the ground work to keep colonies tied to earth, so they would have less incentive and reason to leave.

The catch, I would pave the way for someone else to take over, foster their growth, ensuring the lead candidate is capable and charismatic, with the right ideals and character.  A fail safe, for when I am finally croaked or leave in my time machine, orders to exterminate all of the decision makers and people who would get in the way of the new government.  So this new government would in the end be able to use the ground work I establish during my terrible regime to bring humanity into a golden age of expansion and prosperity, up till when corruption/outside forces/turmoil fragments humanity a 1000 or so years later.

My legacy will never be forgotten and my name reviled, as long as humanity continues strong.  Bonus points if the after-government survives past 2000 years.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 11:35:02 pm by Itnetlolor »

Chutney

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2010, 12:14:07 am »

I'd build host a huge gathering of all the worlds leaders, then run into to the room and shout "OBJECTIVISM RELIGION STAR WARS TRILOGIES ANIME TWILIGHT," and then flee before human civilization collapses in a frenzied orgy of obnoxious, self-righteous holy war.

but YOU are the world leader  :o

If I ruled the world, I would rule ONLY the chosen country (uh-murr-kuh), and drain the rest of it of all it's resources. Quell the resistances, steal the resources, leave the dirty natives to rot in their now-hellhole.

I would then leave my office to live in the wasteland. and get killed. because i'm a freakin' prick.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2010, 12:26:41 am »

I would make countries work the fuck together.

subject name here

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2010, 12:27:06 am »

nuke every thing on earth then shoot myself so there'd be no more people left alive

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2010, 12:29:02 am »

Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

subject name here

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2010, 12:30:15 am »

then i'd rot in hell with the rest of the human species

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2010, 12:35:04 am »

I'd ensure every country allowed for civil rights, remove every dictator from power, establish republics in every country, and help to improve the status of all the lower classes in all the countries of the world.  I wouldn't bother establishing a world government... I like our current attempt, the UN: it's effective only when it really has to be, otherwise it accomplishes nothing.  No power mad dictator would attempt to control it because it's pretty much useless, and the UN itself couldn't opress a fly if it tried.  After all, if the world government is opressing you, how farther up do you go to stop them?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2010, 01:03:49 am »

If I ruled the world
Certain people would have to buck up their ideas
Starting with several people, right round here, including you
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14