Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14

Author Topic: If you ruled the world...  (Read 16475 times)

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
Re: If you ruled the world...
« Reply #165 on: June 19, 2010, 06:10:46 pm »

You don't consider an ideal communism with a couple of tweaks to be good?

It's not the ideal communism if it has a couple of tweaks.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 19, 2010, 06:26:39 pm »

You don't consider an ideal communism with a couple of tweaks to be good?

It's not the ideal communism if it has a couple of tweaks.

Exactly; it's every single (oppressive) "communist" state that has existed since the establishment of the USSR.
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 19, 2010, 06:48:40 pm »

I'm surprised that everybody is coming forward and either claiming they would destroy the world or be a tyrannical overlord. Nobody has come forward with any good ideas for the world.

This is a thread in which people fantasize about being world dictator. What did you expect?

More importantly: why so serious?

That being said, I do find curious that some people seem to deem their crackpot ideas as actually reasonable.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 19, 2010, 06:54:09 pm »

I'm surprised that everybody is coming forward and either claiming they would destroy the world or be a tyrannical overlord. Nobody has come forward with any good ideas for the world.

I keep saying Conscriptocracy, and nobody wants to listen.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 19, 2010, 06:55:18 pm »

I would say that it's because it's a joke thread but damn if people aren't taking this seriously.

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 19, 2010, 06:58:11 pm »

Well, it is a fantasy thread. Sometimes people just take their own fantasies very seriously. That goes a long way to explain why some people get the jokes and some don't. No one needs to go on a rant because a few people don't get what is really going on in a current thread; you just ignore them (and maybe laugh quietly if it's entertainingly ironic).
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 19, 2010, 08:53:14 pm »

Conscriptocracy isn't even that great an idea. You're the first one I've met who's seriously suggested it.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 19, 2010, 08:56:31 pm »

I've seen people suggest it before, actually.  Mainly for review of laws rather than lawmaking, though.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 19, 2010, 11:11:38 pm »

Conscriptocracy isn't even that great an idea. You're the first one I've met who's seriously suggested it.

It is, however, a great word.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 19, 2010, 11:54:07 pm »

Inspiration!  As Potentate Supreme, I would legalize dueling.  Formal challenges would involve shouting "MORTAL KOMBAT!"

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 20, 2010, 01:36:26 am »

I kind of surprised that as of yet, no one has said that they would supply Toady with everything he needs, so that he is free to work on DF all the time.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 20, 2010, 01:39:08 am »

I kind of surprised that as of yet, no one has said that they would supply Toady with everything he needs, so that he is free to work on DF all the time.

I assume you mean some serious caffeine or something, because that's exactly what he does.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 20, 2010, 01:48:31 am »

I assume you mean some serious caffeine or something, because that's exactly what he does.
I was thinking along the lines of delivering free food straight to his house and giving him the best computers available. Stuff like that.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Zifnab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 20, 2010, 02:25:24 am »

Allowing small children to work after school is always forced labour, except now it's the parent who gets to decide if they want to force their kid to work or not in order to subsidize the family's income.

Which is negated by the fact that nobody gets enough resources to live comfortably even if they needlessly give their kids jobs. So nobody will send their kids to work unless they're insane, anyway.

People don't need any job experience in a society where everybody is guaranteed a job which will pay out the same amount as every other job. Instead, they're going to stick with the same profession unless it's completely unbearable (or they finish their education and get to be in the elite), because employers don't need to compete for the best employees with benefits and salaries.

You haven't thought this shit out at all, have you?

People are not all guaranteed a job that will pay the same amount as any other job.  Capitalism is still in place.  Employers can pay their employees whatever they want.  However, if you don't get a job in the rest of the world, you can participate in the work-for-welfare system.  Which does not pay you anything, but provides for your basic needs. 

subject name here

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 20, 2010, 03:44:48 am »

i will create a utopia for all the worlds libertarians, libertarians of all stripes will live there. libertarians who don't want their tax dollars being given to racial minorities welfare bums, libertarians who read ayn rand in high school and think they're better because of it, people who are libertarians because man... the parties are both the same and that ron paul guy said he'd legalize pot, crazy libertarians who believe the free market will fix everything, etc.

then i'd nuke the everloving **** out of it! everyone who survives will wish they didn't! then i'd turn the entire place into a post-apoc themepark! the survivors will live in a state of constant poverty! nobody is allowed to help them because welfare is wrong! the only reason they're poor is because they're lazy! everyday the tvs will turn on and the guy from saw will give a speech like in the movies! their entire lives will be spent on the receiving end of objectivism while the "welfare bums" they looked down upon now work high paying jobs hunting them for sport as "raiders". 

now that i put it like that i guess it'd still be libertopia (oh snap! take that randroids!)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14