Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Fossils  (Read 846 times)

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fossils
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2008, 07:53:00 am »

Of course, more realistically, it's far quicker for worldgen to run for only 1050 years instead of 100,000,050 years   ;)

Once we get closer to 1.0 I'm sure Toady will have implemented the full prehistories and origins of the DF universe. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if the game generates that stuff by itself, dynamically generating creatures and then killing them off in cataclysms every few million years, placing their fossils deep down in the earth for our Dwarves to stumble across one day.

And, of course, the DF world should be hollow. Because that's awesome.

Pokethulhu Orange: UPDATE 25
The Roguelike Development Megathread.

As well, all the posts i've seen you make are flame posts, barely if at all constructive.

Axebeard beardaxe

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2008, 10:47:00 am »

Hmm...

Fossils shouldn't be immediately obvious but they shouldn't be invisible either. Perhaps you would sometimes find "strange" stones. An paleontologist could identify them so they could be sold or put where they belong.

Ruins of ancient civilizations could be discovered the same way the an underground river, or the pits are, All of the items and carvings would have "Old" in the title until they are properly identified by an archaeologist.

The archaeologist and or paleontologist would arrive as a noble when you discover "strange" rocks or "old" items after he heres about it from the returning caravan.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2008, 12:10:00 pm »

"Once we get closer to 1.0 I'm sure Toady will have implemented the full prehistories and origins of the DF universe"

Isn't that in effect just extended world generation of pre-civilisation and tacking on a "Before Common Era" sorta deal onto it?

Pages: 1 [2]