Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 33

Author Topic: *Wizard Tower* (.36d) [for DF 31.25] - Multispectral  (Read 126588 times)

tj333

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: *Wizard Tower* (.35b) [for DF 31.25] - Polypiling
« Reply #420 on: November 17, 2011, 02:16:51 pm »

There seems to be a problem with the crematory. I tried cremating body parts and it instead cremated the ash already in it to make 15,000 pieces of ash

On the other hand, a tower made from ash.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: November 30, 2011, 09:09:31 am »

This probrably isn't a huge problem, but I found a typo under the Golem caste.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 08:13:35 pm by Hitty40 »
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: November 30, 2011, 04:40:41 pm »

On the other hand, a tower made from ash.

You have to admit, if you where a trader, you would be a little impressed by a gigantic tower made of smoldering ash. Perhapes with some dug-out pit that goes all the way to the magma sea, with the whole thing being supported over it.

...Excuse me. I have a new megaproject to do.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

tj333

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: November 30, 2011, 04:49:26 pm »

That is a cool megaproject. Perhaps I will try that one later. Right now I've combined fortress defense and Wizard Tower and I am just trying to survive.

Edit: Maybe add a reaction to make a block called smoldering or swirling ash.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 04:54:36 pm by tj333 »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #424 on: November 30, 2011, 04:59:44 pm »

That is a cool megaproject. Perhaps I will try that one later. Right now I've combined fortress defense and Wizard Tower and I am just trying to survive.

Edit: Maybe add a reaction to make a block called smoldering or swirling ash.
Reaction takes 1x ruby and 10x ash, outputs 10x smoldering ash?

Spoonz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: December 04, 2011, 11:33:27 am »

Ive just picked up this mod and have spent some time in Adventure mode. As a Human Swordsman when fighting Sorcerers (any kind) I find that my attacks get deflected constantly by their Iron Mailed Robes. Ive used iron/silver/bronze swords all with the same outcome. Is this an inbalance or is the something going on Im not aware off? Is Wizards Tower ment for Adventure Mode?

Awesome mod by the way.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: December 31, 2011, 03:28:49 pm »

Try steel >_>

antlion12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: January 01, 2012, 04:49:03 am »

I have a question. What is the whole point of the magic flows over x body part when you use close range magic? does it have any effect  whatsoever or is it just added on to make it sound more interesting

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: January 01, 2012, 05:16:42 am »

I have a question. What is the whole point of the magic flows over x body part when you use close range magic? does it have any effect  whatsoever or is it just added on to make it sound more interesting

That is part of the vanilla game. It happens if you're using a [SPECIALATTACK_INJECT] (or somesuch) attack with a material that has a syndrome that isn't [SYN_INJECTED]. It actually applies the syndrome the attack gives to the attacked bodypart on contact, rather than through injection.

antlion12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: January 01, 2012, 06:10:42 am »

That is part of the vanilla game. It happens if you're using a [SPECIALATTACK_INJECT] (or somesuch) attack with a material that has a syndrome that isn't [SYN_INJECTED]. It actually applies the syndrome the attack gives to the attacked bodypart on contact, rather than through injection.

That is brilliant! A lot of work must have been made by the modder for that to work as it does now.Also thanks for the explanation. Oh and what exactly do the different types of magic do anyways?

« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 07:01:57 am by antlion12 »

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: January 03, 2012, 02:05:03 am »

I'm glad to see continued interest in this and I appreciate the bug reports.  I'll be updating this again whenever Toady One's finished with the next DF release, with fixes for that stuff and some other stuff I've been cobbling together.  I'll need to eventually get to making interactions for the new critters as well as a whole slew of "spells" that wizards can cast, and it'll be fun seeing how the vampires and necromancers and whatnot will fit into this.  I'm thinking of making new mutual enemies for the Sorcerers and Wizards to deal with in the form of wraiths and some kind of faceless gray monster that transforms others into more of its own kind by touching them, kind of like the green slime of Nethack meets a wad of strange matter, but this is all just on paper until we can mess around with interactions, obviously.

That is brilliant! A lot of work must have been made by the modder for that to work as it does now.Also thanks for the explanation. Oh and what exactly do the different types of magic do anyways?

Thanks, though it still needs quite a bit of work I think.  Some of the syndromes are temperamental with their durations and the effects are rather crudely implemented right now, but they make for snazzy light shows.

Generally, magic does what it's description says; paralysis magic causes paralysis, dizzying causes dizziness, etc.  "Hex" magic is generally damaging and cause effects like bleeding and pain.  Pink magic has a chance of causing the heart to stop.  "Light" is supposed to have a temporary blinding effect when it hits the face and eyes, but as it stands it seems to cause permanent blindness in everyone nearby, so that needs a wee adjustment.  A "curse" will temporarily cause all powerful melee strikes that connect to be lethal (the curse kills the functioning of the nervous system; the game seems to apply some sort of 1-hp-left to mortal creatures in such a state).  Prismatic magic has a variety of effects, most of them very harmful.  Wizards are immune to Wizard magic, and Sorcerers are immune to Sorcerer magic, this is mostly to keep mages from getting hit by their own spells every time they cast them.

I'm pretty tired and working from memory so I might be wrong on some of the details.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: January 04, 2012, 02:26:46 pm »

How do you get golems?
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

nukularpower

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: January 04, 2012, 02:47:24 pm »

Alright, some more problems.

Currently, the reaction for making a capacitor instead makes a lens instead of a capacitor.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Once I fixed that and got a reactor, I got the wand shop up and running. I tested every wand I could, and they all immediately crash the game when created.

There's nothing in the errorlog that indicates why this is happening. I checked the raws to see if I could find an obvious typo, but I'm not super proficient at that sort of thing yet. I'm guessing there's some sort of call for a null value, I'm also guessing it has to do with the actual Wand items themselves because it doesn't crash until the end of the creation process.

(You're missing a bracket after [TWO_HANDED:15000"]" in the Wand of Piercing.)
(The reaction for wand of Blasting makes a Wand of Cutting.)

I couldn't make the Wands of Blasting/Shredding/Striking for some reason because I was unable to make a Lithium Battery. Not really sure why, as I have more than the required reagents. (8 Lithium Bars, 19 Graphite, 15 Salt Ash Solution)

Hopefully you can make use of this information. Best of luck !

EDIT: I got the wands working ! I took the Uranium Toxin code off the wands, and suddenly they don't all crash the game !
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I still can't get the Lithium battery to be produced.. and I have no idea WHY that worked, I just had a feeling it was screwing with things.

Are these fixes in the current downloadable version?  Not good at editing RAWs and wanna be able to build the wands XD

Also, are the blind/polymoprh/etc spells usable in Fortress mode, and if so, how?  Are they random syndromes that happen when a wizard fights or something like that?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 02:51:10 pm by nukularpower »

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: January 04, 2012, 09:32:05 pm »

The missiles are glob breath attacks made up of the magic creature material produced by sorcerers and wizards.  The spells work with the same kind of materials, but they're considered physical attacks and, if the wizard is armed, attacks of opportunity.  The syndromes are tied to the creature mats.  You'll see more magic in fortress mode if you keep the militia from equipping weapons.

I haven't uploaded a new version yet, but I should have enough time to comb the incomplete stuff out of what I've been working on and fix those bugs.  I'll try to get this done in the next few days.

nukularpower

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: January 04, 2012, 11:21:02 pm »

Awesome, look forward to it!
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 33