Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 33

Author Topic: *Wizard Tower* (.36d) [for DF 31.25] - Multispectral  (Read 126610 times)

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
Re: *Wizard Tower* (.32g) [for DF 31.18] - Now with graphics!
« Reply #375 on: September 04, 2011, 04:06:50 pm »

That's right, they will sooner starve to death than bite into a plump helmet.

Well shit, now that finally gives me a use to have lots of cows.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Sapiverenus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 05, 2011, 10:49:37 pm »

I don't know if the bug I am experiencing is from your mod or from vanilla, but every time one of miners go down to mine out my bedrooms it's as if they are stuck and they can't get out (or at least one of them). I am using ramps instead of stairs, so that may be the reason, but the way it goes down and up is this:
^^^
ooo
vvv

The circles are the floor. So it goes down, then you walk across one square and go up or vice versa. I didn't dig the area and then make a ramp, I first made the ramp and only dug the area in between. They have a way out, they are not walled in, they should be fine.

I just fixed it but I had to make a staircase going up. The miner who was stuck dug the staircase out by going up the ramp that he couldn't moments ago. Definitely a bug and not an error on my part.

Thank you.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #377 on: September 06, 2011, 08:57:26 am »

Ramps are strange, they have to be against a wall with a floor on top of that wall to work IIRC. The ramp entry on the wiki says it better than I can.

http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Ramp

Without knowing the layout of the area you mention I can't say if it's truly a bug though.

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 06, 2011, 02:02:55 pm »

I just fixed it but I had to make a staircase going up. The miner who was stuck dug the staircase out by going up the ramp that he couldn't moments ago.

Does sound like a pathing problem.  What caste(s) do the affected miners belong to?

Sapiverenus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 06, 2011, 02:08:25 pm »

Green and Orange. Though I seem to be having trouble with ramps in general... I guess the ramp faces the walls and the dwarfs can't hop over across in the other direction I guess. I will see.

Sapiverenus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 06, 2011, 02:13:51 pm »

Unrelated to ramps, I can't select statues with q. I have 2 statues in my meeting hall and when I wanted to remove one of them I couldn't select it. I can't select the other one either. It selects the tables and chairs just fine, but not statues.

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 06, 2011, 02:21:10 pm »

Try something like this, using the wall of the previous level as the floor for the current one:

Code: [Select]
O - wall
^ - up ramp
+ - floor
v - down ramp

OOOOO
^^^^^
+++++
vvvvv

Regarding the statues, try hovering them directly with 't' key.  Failing that, see if you can build a floor over them.  They may have been deconstructed in place by a building destroyer or tantrum.  If they're built, there's no reason you shouldn't be able to select them.

Sapiverenus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 06, 2011, 02:31:22 pm »

Okay ya, they were deconstructed in place. Thanks. I thought about how they can only go up in one direction and can't go any which way like with a staircase so I am digging the area around the top of the ramps. I still find it strange that they can go down the ramp and could go up it when they were building the top of the staircase but oh well. OH WELL.

ulan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 17, 2011, 11:59:53 am »

how do you set it up to play as the sorcerers?

tj333

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 17, 2011, 12:36:31 pm »

Same way as with wizards. Hit tab to make sure there is a sorcerers civ. Both wizards and sorcerers civs use # on the map.. Use V I think to check the description on a guy and it should say sinister powers and you can buy undead to embark with.

ulan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 17, 2011, 12:51:04 pm »

Kk got it to work, wonder how well this will work out...

interesting mod btw, crashes at times, still is cool though
Was expecting to have more goblin or elf invaders when I was playing as the wizards
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 12:52:37 pm by ulan »

tj333

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 17, 2011, 09:11:49 pm »

I had it crash for one of my generated world but on generating a new world it stopped crashing. I am not sure if it was this mod or other things that may have happened there to causeit to crash for me.

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 19, 2011, 08:52:37 am »

I've never tried to install the mod into a pre-generated world (except worlds already genned with the mod), since it doesn't really change anything in the regular raws, and none of the added stuff would properly appear without a world gen anyway.

I can't seem to reproduce the crashing, but the creature_magical_ff file is now out-of-date and the entity file will need some rewriting, so I think I'll forgo my earlier decision to stay the update -- I'll try and get something done for this mod by the end of the week.  Let me know if anything else pops up.

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 19, 2011, 09:09:39 am »

I've never tried to install the mod into a pre-generated world (except worlds already genned with the mod), since it doesn't really change anything in the regular raws, and none of the added stuff would properly appear without a world gen anyway.

I can't seem to reproduce the crashing, but the creature_magical_ff file is now out-of-date and the entity file will need some rewriting, so I think I'll forgo my earlier decision to stay the update -- I'll try and get something done for this mod by the end of the week.  Let me know if anything else pops up.

Hooray! You, sir, just made my day. Are we going to get [IS_METAL] on titanium and uranium? I know it's not medieval tech standard, but they are wizards, after all.

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 19, 2011, 05:14:48 pm »

Hooray! You, sir, just made my day. Are we going to get [IS_METAL] on titanium and uranium? I know it's not medieval tech standard, but they are wizards, after all.

I think so, after all.  It makes sense, the melting point of platinum is 2041.4 K, while titanium is at 1941 K, and uranium melts at a measly 1410 K (source: MatWeb).  If dwarven forges can work with platinum then they should be able to work with all the other stuff too.  I think some of the high-heat reactions taking place at the alchemy labs can go to the regular forges easily enough.  The metals are getting redone, here's the old and new cobalt to compare:

Spoiler: Old Cobalt (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Cobalt (click to show/hide)

The issue of technology should affect the dwarves when it comes to producing these metals from ore, not necessarily working with the metals themselves.  Titanium, for instance, cannot be smelted normally, heating the ore with carbon present yields titanium carbide, which has no use modeled by the game.  For the new version I'm attempting to model the Hunter and Kroll processes, which means sodium and chlorine have to go in.  They'll have further uses, and both can be extracted from rock salt.  :)

This is a good way to preserve the 14th century tech limit, I think.  In presenting the materials in realistic states and making the reactions producing them as lifelike as possible, one can still keep a technology cap in the game by limiting entities' access to said reactions, because natural law does not change over measurable time, what changes is an entity's knowledge and mastery of it.

edit: updated cobalt spoilers
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 10:00:17 pm by SethCreiyd »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 33