Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 33

Author Topic: *Wizard Tower* (.36d) [for DF 31.25] - Multispectral  (Read 126618 times)

Jimlad11

• Bay Watcher
  • Insert insightful text here
    • View Profile
Re: *Wizard Tower* (.32g) [for DF 31.18] - Now with graphics!
« Reply #360 on: June 29, 2011, 06:21:54 pm »

deleted
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 01:26:21 pm by Jimlad11 »
☼Cat Tallow Biscuits☼...Mmmm...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 30, 2011, 04:49:39 pm »

My purple wizard mechanic and my red wizard alchemist/noble person  (Looking back, I should have switched those) have a grudge against each other. When the mechanic hot unhappy from talking to the noble and the orange woodcutter, purple had to talk to red...gaining the "irritated to talk with a pillar of society" and "talked to someone annoying" thoughts. Or maybe he had them earlier.

Either way, cool, but one problem: Are you supposed to be unable to embark with wands?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 02, 2011, 09:05:47 am »

Are you supposed to be unable to embark with wands?

You can't embark with them, but you can embark with materials used to make them.  You could say that wands are too fragile for travel.  They aren't actually listed in the entity file, this keeps them from being made cheaply at forges.

Do any of the training reactions work right now?

All of them should.  In recent versions of DF, it got a lot harder to perform all the alchemy reactions when the rock layers became more uniform.  It isn't impossible, though.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: July 02, 2011, 01:11:40 pm »

Are you supposed to be unable to embark with wands?

You can't embark with them, but you can embark with materials used to make them.  You could say that wands are too fragile for travel.  They aren't actually listed in the entity file, this keeps them from being made cheaply at forges.
Alright...uh, which workshop are wands made at again?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: July 03, 2011, 05:31:07 pm »

Erm, I can't seem to embark with batteries, diodes, or lenses. Also, I can only embarks with toy wands--are these the "wands" in the reactions descriptions?
Sig

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 29, 2011, 12:50:06 pm »

GWG: They aren't, sorry.

Basically: Bump to ask if this is still being maintained. How do you feel about adding [ITEM_ARMOR] to titanium? Also it would be nice to be able to make something out of cobalt bars.

In addition, the soap-making reaction doesn't correctly anticipate stone pots with lye in them.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 29, 2011, 01:16:46 pm »

Basically: Bump to ask if this is still being maintained. How do you feel about adding [ITEM_ARMOR] to titanium? Also it would be nice to be able to make something out of cobalt bars.

In addition, the soap-making reaction doesn't correctly anticipate stone pots with lye in them.

I'm pretty sure lye has to be in a barrel or bucket in vanilla DF. Pots still have some problems to be worked out by Toady.

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 29, 2011, 04:12:48 pm »

I'm pretty sure lye has to be in a barrel or bucket in vanilla DF. Pots still have some problems to be worked out by Toady.

You're completely right, of course. But IIRC soapmaking works correctly in one of the other mods I have running, but I don't remember which one. I will go and check, and report back.

EDIT: Unrelated, but Titanium already has [ITEM_ARMOR] and yet I am unable to forge with it! Scandal.

EDIT2: The magma soapmaking and regular soapmaking reaction definitions are way different. Possibly not important.

And I think I've figured out the titanium thing. Titanium inherits from HIDDEN_METAL, and so lacks [IS_METAL]. ERGO, if I add it back and regen, I should be able to get titanium weapons and armor. BRB, !!SCIENCE!!

EDIT3: It was in fact the missing [IS_METAL] tag.
EDIT4: It was also probably the intent of the creator to add it to uranium, as uranium has [ITEM_AMMO] but can't be forged without [IS_METAL]. So you might want to do that too.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 04:39:47 pm by Agent_Irons »

DaveTheGrave

• Bay Watcher
  • Dave The Avatarless, Master of Comebacks
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 30, 2011, 01:38:31 pm »

um..how do you use your spells or whatever from a range in adventure mode? like magic missile and stuff..i only understand how to use blast at melee.

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 30, 2011, 01:57:49 pm »

I do intend to update this one of these days, but I haven't had a great deal of time to work on it.  I've decided to wait for the next major DF update before really diving in because of the interactions and all the fun new things we'll get to play with.  Depending on how the new city system works, the wizard civs may get a complete overhaul.

Thanks for finding the problems.  The custom soapmaking reactions are out-of-date and the titanium/uranium stuff worked until the deep metal tags were added (problem was humans and dwarves were working with the stuff, despite missing the reactions allowing its production, and would show up in caravans).  Titanium equipment should certainly be possible; it's generally a poor choice for weapons (too light for effective bashing, and hard-pressed to hold an edge), but it could make decent plate and mail.

The thing is that titanium forging is difficult for even modern smiths and equipment, requiring a huge amount of heat to work.  Titanium cannot be worked at a traditional forge or smelter.  Like many of the planned alloys and materials, it'll need new reactions and perhaps a new workshop.

um..how do you use your spells or whatever from a range in adventure mode? like magic missile and stuff..i only understand how to use blast at melee.

Press 'x' to bring up the list of reactions you can perform.

DaveTheGrave

• Bay Watcher
  • Dave The Avatarless, Master of Comebacks
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 30, 2011, 02:05:45 pm »

Thanks..but how do i aim the attacks?

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 02, 2011, 07:25:09 pm »

Thanks..but how do i aim the attacks?
You create the bolts/magic missile, and throw them with t. Ice bolts are nice and sharp, magic missiles are nice and heavy.

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 04, 2011, 11:32:19 am »

What Agent_Irons said.  You need to throw them immediately, or else they dissipate.  This is usually harmless, but serves to prevent an endless proliferation of throwing weapons.  You'll have to pick up rocks for that.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 04, 2011, 03:58:37 pm »

I was reading the castes, and since orange wizards can't eat plants, does that mean they only eat meat?
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 04, 2011, 04:03:35 pm »

That's right, they will sooner starve to death than bite into a plump helmet.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 33