Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 33

Author Topic: *Wizard Tower* (.36d) [for DF 31.25] - Multispectral  (Read 126278 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: *Wizard Tower* (.32d) [for DF 31.18] - Now with graphics!
« Reply #300 on: January 30, 2011, 06:21:10 am »

I wonder what do you mean "more or less complete"? It takes like 30 sec to make a creature. Do you spread the pleasure of making them? :D
some people do spend time to test and consider the interaction of new things with old ones 8)
I do it too, but if you have preset tested templates, it only takes a few seconds to rearrange them and then add flavour text. And I usually have other people test what I make before I release it ;). I am sure there would be many willing people to make Excel charts for SethCreiyd to speed up the development.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Zifnab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 30, 2011, 09:52:08 am »

"What sort of HFS?  The generated kind or something in the mod's raws?"

The generated kind.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 30, 2011, 04:09:57 pm »

What is the counselor doing? And the beast keeper?

DarkCephis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 30, 2011, 08:31:48 pm »

@ shootandrun.  I believe the beast keeper is like a unbuged dungeon master.  Basically the beast keeper trains exotic pets.  The counselor I have read they talk to sad peons and help with unhappy thoughts.  I wonder if we could mod a couch or some new furniture to keep the flavor of wizards?

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 31, 2011, 04:50:17 am »

@ shootandrun.  I believe the beast keeper is like a unbuged dungeon master.  Basically the beast keeper trains exotic pets.  The counselor I have read they talk to sad peons and help with unhappy thoughts.  I wonder if we could mod a couch or some new furniture to keep the flavor of wizards?

The Beast Keeper is basically a Dungeon Master appointed by the Expedition Leader.  The old noble responsibilities seem to work fine even though the positions themselves don't work when they're tied to the landholders, which is why the Sorcerer positions with hammerer tokens are quick to execute people.  I'd need to research couches before attempting to include them.

I wonder what do you mean "more or less complete"? It takes like 30 sec to make a creature. Do you spread the pleasure of making them? :D
some people do spend time to test and consider the interaction of new things with old ones 8)
I do it too, but if you have preset tested templates, it only takes a few seconds to rearrange them and then add flavour text. And I usually have other people test what I make before I release it ;). I am sure there would be many willing people to make Excel charts for SethCreiyd to speed up the development.

I test things myself along with outside help.  I do have some templates based on the original raws, but it takes me longer than thirty seconds to make a new creature (and far longer before I finish testing them and establishing their functions and behavior).  If they aren't perfect, they're subject to change over time as I see how they work.  I say 'more or less' complete because I won't consider the creatures to be finished unless I'm sure there's nothing left to edit.  I would appreciate any offer of help, what sort of Excel charts do you mean?

12oz Jesus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 31, 2011, 08:59:37 pm »

I take the new versions are NOT save compatible?

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 01, 2011, 12:08:07 am »

0.31 and above are incompatible with versions earlier than .31.  Newer versions should work.

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 01, 2011, 02:11:04 am »

Protip: Red Wizards are a bad idea on glaciers.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 01, 2011, 04:37:18 am »

The Beast Keeper is basically a Dungeon Master appointed by the Expedition Leader.  The old noble responsibilities seem to work fine even though the positions themselves don't work when they're tied to the landholders, which is why the Sorcerer positions with hammerer tokens are quick to execute people.  I'd need to research couches before attempting to include them.

I test things myself along with outside help.  I do have some templates based on the original raws, but it takes me longer than thirty seconds to make a new creature (and far longer before I finish testing them and establishing their functions and behavior).  If they aren't perfect, they're subject to change over time as I see how they work.  I say 'more or less' complete because I won't consider the creatures to be finished unless I'm sure there's nothing left to edit.  I would appreciate any offer of help, what sort of Excel charts do you mean?
Well, TomiTapio usually tests X vs Y creatures, then sends me excel files with statistics of types of attacks, their effects and results of the combats; also he does the same with world population and locations having creatures. Stuff like this. Having info in tables really makes it easy to read and tweak.

And sorry for being sarcastic. I just want to see another release sooner :D.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

DarkCephis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 01, 2011, 07:06:53 am »

I am excited for another release as well.  I was playing adventure mode with a red sorcerer and all his gear kept slowly, I mean slowly, melting away.  It was fun to have the blood burn away but trying to carry molten copper was too much FUN.  I don't believe it is intended to melt everything?  I like playing these little megalomaniacs I mean sorcerers, and knocking intelligent creatures teeth/tusks off and carving figurines with them.  BTW thank you Deon for all your hard work as well.  There is nothing like seeing figurines of sorcerers in Nord/Elf/Wizard tooth.  I don't know if both wizard tower and genesis are compatible but I am trying.

I hope playing the sorcerers civ with get some love next update.  Is there anyway sorcerers can get towns to trade at in adventure mode.  I kind of view them as xenophobic slavers and over indulger like the classical Romans were.  I do like the new complex alchemy but I also dearly miss equipping wizard gear in the beginning.  My poor militia in pointed leather hats and robes with wooden wizards staff and copper wands felt like wizardry fun not drofy fun with cranky sober dwarfs that throw balls of light when provoked. 

Is it possible to make lesser and greater wands?  Some of the wands could just be a re-skin of common weapons.  I just like the flavor of being different then dwarfs.  Nuclear... I mean alchemy power super crossbows that take special wizardly ammo?  Lighting "bolts" anyone?  Armor that require metal bars and gems or special "empowered gems" that is made from a workshop reaction.  Armor that can be call rings or belts of protection?  They are equipped in the anatomical correct spot but cover the entire body with armor? 

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 01, 2011, 09:46:25 am »

I don't know if both wizard tower and genesis are compatible but I am trying.
Currently they are not, but it should be easy to fix. There are duplicate things which need to be fixed (bricks, something else), but it's easy to do.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 01, 2011, 01:26:28 pm »

I don't know if both wizard tower and genesis are compatible but I am trying.
Currently they are not, but it should be easy to fix. There are duplicate things which need to be fixed (bricks, something else), but it's easy to do.

Error log from when I put Wizard Tower atop of Genesis. Deon helped me out with this, and I feel I was rather lucky to catch him for his aid.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What I did was remove the duplicate inorganics and food from WT, renamed the meditate into WIZARD_MEDITATE on both the reaction and entity files, and deleted WT's Display case. You'll also have to do some copypasta of reactions and buildings if you want the Wizard Tower races to have access to Genesis reactions, as well as changing the ITEM_WEAPON_DAGGER_LARGE to ITEM_WEAPON_DAGGER in the wizard entity file. A simple find & replace works for that one.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 01, 2011, 05:06:21 pm »

I just started playing this mod and oh Armok I forgot axes. That will slow things down. Instant Noble needs is also weird, but I'll deal with it. I'm just glad that wizard is friends with everyone.

DarkCephis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 01, 2011, 05:11:33 pm »

What does copypasta building reactions mean?  Can I just add the buildings and reactions to the wizard entry file?  Or do I have to copy them into the building reactions custom wizard file? 

Ok I cut and pasted of the wizard entry file in hopes that it works.  Thank you TwlightWalker I could not have even begun to figure how to do this without your help. 
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 05:28:15 pm by DarkCephis »

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 01, 2011, 06:36:46 pm »

What does copypasta building reactions mean?  Can I just add the buildings and reactions to the wizard entry file?  Or do I have to copy them into the building reactions custom wizard file? 

Ok I cut and pasted of the wizard entry file in hopes that it works.  Thank you TwlightWalker I could not have even begun to figure how to do this without your help.

Yeah, you got it right, you just need to pull the PERMITTED_REACTIONS and PERMITTED_BUILDINGS from the genesis entity file and put them into the wizards entity file if you want to use them. Be aware that there are a few 'semi-duplicate' things that aren't full on duplicates between these two mods, but are instead slightly different things that work towards the same result. Such an example is Seth's scroll system and Deon's tome system.

Oh, and there'll also be two different races of centaurs. But that's just more Fun.

Edit: Not sure if this affects everyone, but mixing with Genesis leaves only Sorcerers as a controllable civ, so you might also want to remove that tag from their entity file as well if you wish to play dwarves or wizards.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 09:08:41 pm by TwilightWalker »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 33