Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 33

Author Topic: *Wizard Tower* (.36d) [for DF 31.25] - Multispectral  (Read 126228 times)

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The irony ... it doesn't burn?
    • View Profile
Re: *Wizard Tower* (.24) [for DF 31.12]
« Reply #195 on: August 05, 2010, 07:48:18 pm »

EDIT5:
That's a fuckload of edits right there.
I loaded up my save in the new version, spent a minute trying to find my archery range before figuring it was the room with Xs down both sides: bins of ammo and archery targets.
Urist McCrossbower cancells practice crossbowery: Unsure of which end of the room to shoot at.

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 05, 2010, 08:04:23 pm »

Yeah I know...

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 10, 2010, 12:04:17 am »

Ya'll see my Wizard's Tower  mod Achievment for Adventure Mode?

-tries to grab it again-
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

tj333

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 12, 2010, 11:49:56 am »

Is there any way to have wizards fight just by throwing magic or to have them stand back and throw magic but use melee weapons when the enemy closes in?

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 13, 2010, 01:30:56 pm »

Not as such.  Wizards, like dwarves, will break ranks as soon as the enemy gets too close.

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 17, 2010, 09:47:53 am »

To bad there's no way to make the wizard military braver than the dwarves

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 15, 2010, 05:42:12 pm »

Sorry for the double post but I figured I'd move this to the top of the mod stuff...

Any idea if .24 will still work with .13?

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 15, 2010, 07:20:07 pm »

It'll be a little while before I can test it out.  The entity_default.txt changed from the last version, and I don't yet know how the balance is going to be.

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 27, 2010, 09:13:15 pm »

stone cheese appears to be inedible....

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #204 on: September 28, 2010, 09:43:08 pm »

stone cheese appears to be inedible....
Is... is this... are we surprised?  :D

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 09, 2010, 05:57:26 am »

I did some more testing and found a minor bug: creating a gemstone mail robe produces a mail shirt instead.

Also, I still can't get the wizards to equip gemstone armour, even when I assign specific items. The problem seems to be that gemstone equipment is created 'large' for some reason. A quick test with two armour stockpiles, one set to only accept usable equipment, the other to only accept unusable equipment, ended up with a steel mail robe (embarked with that one) on the usable pile, while the large gemstone mail robe I produced locally ended up on the unusable pile.

I assume the 'large' is added to the name simply to denote that the item is unusable. My theory as for why it's unusable is that gemstones are not in the list of materials for which armour tags exist (METAL, BARRED, SCALED, LEATHER). If that's true, a possible workaround could be new reactions to turn gems into metal, bone, scale, or leather, instead of the various individual "make gemstone <object>" jobs.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #206 on: November 09, 2010, 11:44:53 am »

for gem armor make a "metal" called "gem<or what not>" and for making wizards braver have you tried the [NOFEAR] tag?

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 09, 2010, 03:20:19 pm »

for gem armor make a "metal" called "gem<or what not>" and for making wizards braver have you tried the [NOFEAR] tag?

I'd probably use the [LIKES_FIGHTING] tag if it stills exists instead.
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

dbay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 10, 2010, 03:17:40 am »

One (more =) ) crazy suggestion from my side, involving scrolls. A dedicated scroll writer (skill, say, Teaching) can create scrolls of enchantment. Then, at some custom workshop an enchanter (I don't know what skill could this be) can with some luck enchant wands - take a scroll and a base lower-class (standard Forge issue) wand, then substitute it with a higher class wand (should be modded into item_weapon_wizard, but not into entity_wizard to make it impossible to be produced at Forge). Sadly, quality modifier will be lost =( However, with master writer and enchanter you will not need a master smith, so if metal is scarce and usual weaponsmith training is thus hampered, you can train enchanter instead.

DUDE. I think you just stumbled across the secret of adding enchanted weaponry to this game! You have raw entries for axes, and for enchanted axes that can only be made by someone with alchemy or whatever and has way better stats... And maybe the material changes, too? That would allow you to make a seriously better weapon.

I really like this idea. I might just use it.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 10, 2010, 03:59:21 am »

That method has been used a lot in the past. It's possibly more convenient now as reaction products can have quality modifiers, but it's been in use for a very long time.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 33