Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 33

Author Topic: *Wizard Tower* (.36d) [for DF 31.25] - Multispectral  (Read 126221 times)

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
Re: *Wizard Tower* (.20) [for DF 31.08]
« Reply #120 on: July 11, 2010, 02:33:33 pm »

Thanks Umbrage :)  And thanks for the tip, BFD.

Wizards are supposed to age as fast as humans, at least in appearance.  A twenty year old wizard and a twenty year old human look (and are) the same age, and same when both are 70, but a 200 year old wizard looks 70, and a 200 year old human is certainly dead.

Now that 31.09 is out I'm going to play around with it for a bit and work on balancing the wands and magic missiles in line with the new combat system.  Wizardly fighting may be a bit out of sync until I get an update out, which shouldn't take extremely long.

So basically... you've got Saruman's equivalent in DF! :D

Hehe.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 11, 2010, 02:33:57 pm »

The rainbows are what really stuck out to me.

Saruman was insufficiently fabulous.

turgidtoupee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 11, 2010, 05:59:42 pm »

>woodworker's log
>facepalm.jpg

Just a question, what is the purpose of the reading skill? I know they can read books on their skills to improve them, but what about reading for instance poetry?

Also, "For I am Saruman the Wise, Saruman Ring-maker, Saruman  of Many Colours!"

Shame they missed that out of the film.

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 12, 2010, 06:43:15 am »

Absolutely love this mod,  great in adventure mode, I just wish you could use their abilities (For example red-wizard fireball/fire immunity... was it anti-magma? cause I had one that went swimming in lava and he ended up melting)

Was the first time I saw magma in a temple actually.

Anyways I've subcribed to this thread and look forward to updates...  (Oh it still works in 31.10)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 02:52:10 pm by Kaelem Gaen »

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 12, 2010, 02:30:27 pm »

Reading for fun leads to "satisfied at work" positive thoughts for good readers, and it keeps idlers busy.  Other than that, it's just for flavor at this point, until Toady One makes the Reading skill more useful.

Thanks for verifying the mod works for 31.10.  Unfortunately, the [FIREIMMUNE_SUPER] tag doesn't make red wizards magma-safe by itself, and I'm still tinkering a work-around.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 12, 2010, 03:06:26 pm »

Reading for fun leads to "satisfied at work" positive thoughts for good readers, and it keeps idlers busy.  Other than that, it's just for flavor at this point, until Toady One makes the Reading skill more useful.

Thanks for verifying the mod works for 31.10.  Unfortunately, the [FIREIMMUNE_SUPER] tag doesn't make red wizards magma-safe by itself, and I'm still tinkering a work-around.

Wasn't [FIREIMMUNE_SUPER] protecting from Dragonfire?
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 12, 2010, 03:50:37 pm »

Huh wonder if that's a version side effect or just a really weird glitch.   the only wizard city/tower on my map... some how... managed to build the mead hall over the ocean,  which promptly fell in once I started adventure mode, lost one wizard, but I made a new one, that decided to start ontop of the keep, with LOTS of dead Wizards everywhere, I'm wondering how many houses/apartments were built over the water...

(What makes it weird, is that this was over an ocean on the warmer half of the map, not like they built on ice, and then it melted.)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 12, 2010, 04:15:03 pm »

Huh wonder if that's a version side effect or just a really weird glitch.   the only wizard city/tower on my map... some how... managed to build the mead hall over the ocean,  which promptly fell in once I started adventure mode, lost one wizard, but I made a new one, that decided to start ontop of the keep, with LOTS of dead Wizards everywhere, I'm wondering how many houses/apartments were built over the water...

(What makes it weird, is that this was over an ocean on the warmer half of the map, not like they built on ice, and then it melted.)

Wizard McBuilder: Ahhh, another of levitating cities our society managed to buil-
*Adventurer appears and everything f-king sinks into ocean*
Wizard McBuilder: Argh, damn thee, adventurers, you and your Laws of Physics-! *blub blub*
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 12, 2010, 04:54:03 pm »

okay. that's totally sigged

ray10k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 13, 2010, 01:22:42 pm »

I am building a tower right now, and I gotta say, good mod. The only problem I have is that pathing for fliers is buggy at best.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 13, 2010, 01:38:18 pm »

okay. that's totally sigged

Ah, I'm honored <3
SigFlags!

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The irony ... it doesn't burn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 13, 2010, 03:05:03 pm »

>woodworker's log
>facepalm.jpg

Who let /v/ in here?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anyway, I hope that future adventurer updates make this mod even more fabulous. It'd be great to wield the power of fireballs.

On a secondary note, what do you guys think about Moving Fortresses + Wizard Tower mod? Should be very ... wizardly.

I loaded up my save in the new version, spent a minute trying to find my archery range before figuring it was the room with Xs down both sides: bins of ammo and archery targets.
Urist McCrossbower cancells practice crossbowery: Unsure of which end of the room to shoot at.

turgidtoupee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 13, 2010, 05:37:51 pm »

>woodworker's log
>facepalm.jpg

Who let /v/ in here?

Anyway, I hope that future adventurer updates make this mod even more fabulous. It'd be great to wield the power of fireballs.

On a secondary note, what do you guys think about Moving Fortresses + Wizard Tower mod? Should be very ... wizardly.

Moving fortresses? Do go on...

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 14, 2010, 01:32:13 am »

>woodworker's log
>facepalm.jpg

Who let /v/ in here?

Moving fortresses? Do go on...

Thanks to you I'm imagining warmech made from microcline, controlled by an adventurer and using sorcerers as primary offensive weapons >.<
SigFlags!

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 14, 2010, 02:52:19 am »

Now that 31.09 is out I'm going to play around with it for a bit and work on balancing the wands and magic missiles in line with the new combat system.  Wizardly fighting may be a bit out of sync until I get an update out, which shouldn't take extremely long.

I did a few tests in the arena and noticed that the wands are all much worse at penetrating armour than regular weapons. Full steel will deflect most blows, where it does nothing to stop regular warhammers, for example.  Magic projectiles are surprisingly deadly, though.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 33