Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 33

Author Topic: *Wizard Tower* (.36d) [for DF 31.25] - Multispectral  (Read 126189 times)

Alcoholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: *Wizard Tower* (.20) [for DF 31.08]
« Reply #105 on: July 07, 2010, 02:35:51 pm »

Iev been really enjoying this mod, its a nice change building a tower with wizards instead of the basic dwarfs drilling a hole into a mountain.

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The irony ... it doesn't burn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 08, 2010, 09:27:06 am »

Iev been really enjoying this mod, its a nice change building a tower with wizards instead of the basic dwarfs drilling a hole into a mountain.

Well, you could have, y' know, dwarves building a tower too.
I loaded up my save in the new version, spent a minute trying to find my archery range before figuring it was the room with Xs down both sides: bins of ammo and archery targets.
Urist McCrossbower cancells practice crossbowery: Unsure of which end of the room to shoot at.

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 08, 2010, 11:15:03 am »

Or even Wizards digging a hole into a mountain.  Though I'm glad you folks enjoy it all the same.  :)

Graphics are on the list of thing to do, but admittedly they're kind of a low priority (don't use them, myself).  One day I'll ask Ironhand for a basic Wizard to use as a template, but if anyone wants to do graphics themselves I'd be gratefully happy.

I was more asking from a "Is it within the bounds of DF Modding yet" point of view. Can you make magma powered versions of the wizard forges.

Haven't tested it out yet, but we'll know by next version.  I think it should be.

A workshop that churns out blocks or rocks of enchanted ice with a high melting point, perhaps? The shop has to be built over a water source.

It's a good idea, but AFAIK there is no way to make the water source a requirement for building.  I've been toying with the idea of mud and clay bricks, adobe, and cob.  Does anyone know if mud can be called as a reaction reagent?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #108 on: July 08, 2010, 06:07:06 pm »

On the water->ice front, couldn't you just have them condense water vapour into the ice material?

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 09, 2010, 02:45:29 am »

That's... quite clever.  XD  I don't know it it would be the best building material, though, with Red Mages around -- can wall/floor type constructions melt if they aren't 'real' ice?  I'll need to check.

All the basic classical elements fit into the Alchemy theme pretty nicely.  Fire, Water, Air, Earth.  Well, earth is associated with the gemstones and wood reactions, and it can cover mundane processes like mudbrick too.  Water can cover the ice as well as maybe filling barrels with water (or turning water into wine?  I doubt any of that is possible).  Air, I like to think, is covered by magic missiles (if only I can get them to cut!) and Fire?  Hmm.  Fire.  Frozen fire?  Could be a building material.  Could be used to construct -Fire Swords- or a =Flaming Battle Axe= or something.  Heck, "frozen air" (dry ice?) would be fun too.

At some point I'll need to stop adding stuff to the queue, my notepad is getting overstuffed.

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 09, 2010, 01:02:15 pm »

Hey, is it intentional that only blocks can be used to build Wizards' structures? If not, then BUG REPORT for ya.

Fixable by replacing
    [BUILD_ITEM:1:BLOCKS:NONE:NONE:NONE]
with
    [BUILD_ITEM:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
I loaded up my save in the new version, spent a minute trying to find my archery range before figuring it was the room with Xs down both sides: bins of ammo and archery targets.
Urist McCrossbower cancells practice crossbowery: Unsure of which end of the room to shoot at.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #111 on: July 09, 2010, 01:04:03 pm »

I just noticed that with the latest version I cannot build display cases... they aren't in the workshop list.

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 09, 2010, 03:44:05 pm »

I just noticed that with the latest version I cannot build display cases... they aren't in the workshop list.

Wierd. It works for me ... and I'm running the latest ver. too.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #113 on: July 09, 2010, 03:46:10 pm »

Wierd. It works for me ... and I'm running the latest ver. too.
I will check again later and generate a new world.

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 09, 2010, 03:52:23 pm »

Wait, are you going the Wizard civ or the Dwarf civ? Only the Wiz one is allowed to make displays.

And I'm saying this because it's still possible to play as dwarves.

Try hitting Tab on Embark to get to Civilisations, then select the one that has an icon that looks like a tile. That's wizard civ.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #115 on: July 09, 2010, 03:53:06 pm »

Wait, are you going the Wizard civ or the Dwarf civ? Only the Wiz one is allowed to make displays.

And I'm saying this because it's still possible to play as dwarves.

Try hitting Tab on Embark to get to Civilisations, then select the one that has an icon that looks like a tile. That's wizard civ.
I really hope you don't think I'm as stupid as this question makes it seem.

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 09, 2010, 04:09:02 pm »

I really hope you don't think I'm as stupid as this question makes it seem.

No. But still, it is the only thing possible. Either that, or the raws are screwed. And since we know we have the same version ...

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 10, 2010, 04:42:02 pm »

Is it intentional that wizards age (get wrinkly) as fast as regular humans?

UmbrageOfSnow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 11, 2010, 02:21:21 pm »

Currently playing with your badass mod via the MixMod package.

I saw this in Legends mode (between a balor an an Adamantine Unicorn Colossus) and wanted to post it:

Ereyi Furnacemonkey was a prismatic wizard.  He was one of the only ones of his kind (Year 2). Ereyi was associated with wisdom, treachery, thralldom, rulership, rainbows, speech, fire, and chaos.

Blah blah blah...
I love your mod.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 02:24:41 pm by UmbrageOfSnow »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 11, 2010, 02:31:59 pm »

Currently playing with your badass mod via the MixMod package.

I saw this in Legends mode (between a balor an an Adamantine Unicorn Colossus) and wanted to post it:

Ereyi Furnacemonkey was a prismatic wizard.  He was one of the only ones of his kind (Year 2). Ereyi was associated with wisdom, treachery, thralldom, rulership, rainbows, speech, fire, and chaos.

Blah blah blah...
I love your mod.

So basically... you've got Saruman's equivalent in DF! :D
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 33