Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 33

Author Topic: *Wizard Tower* (.36d) [for DF 31.25] - Multispectral  (Read 126271 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: *Wizard Tower* (.32e) [for DF 31.18] - Now with graphics!
« Reply #330 on: February 05, 2011, 12:19:17 am »

Hmm.. for some reason.. I have gotten nobles right from embark..
keep demanding ridiculous stuff too soon.. Any skills I may have accidently chosen? or is it this mod that does it?

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 05, 2011, 01:11:46 am »

It's the mod.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 05, 2011, 06:57:22 am »

just kinda wonder if the beast master work for you guys. I compared and my dungeon master is pretty similar but I still cant tame exotic animals.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 05, 2011, 10:42:05 pm »

Version 0.32f is up at DFFD.  This version should fix red wizards destroying the things they touch, with some other changes.

Spoiler: Changelog (click to show/hide)

Hmm.. for some reason.. I have gotten nobles right from embark..
keep demanding ridiculous stuff too soon.. Any skills I may have accidently chosen? or is it this mod that does it?

The mandates from forewizards at the very start were removed until the tiers for that position are better established.  The same will go for Sorcerer overseers, though they'll still be demanding.

just kinda wonder if the beast master work for you guys. I compared and my dungeon master is pretty similar but I still cant tame exotic animals.

As far as I can tell, there are separate bugs, one that prevents Landholder migrant nobles from arriving, and one that keeps the Dungeon Master's taming responsibility from working.  Until the problems are fixed, I think the only way is to remove exotic pet tags.  madk's NoExotic is one option.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
Re: *Wizard Tower* (.32f) [for DF 31.18] - Now with graphics!
« Reply #334 on: February 06, 2011, 06:16:22 pm »

This mod is great, the more i play it the more i like it! Just started really dipping into alchemy and wandmaking and such.

I have noted some "stananks" tho

Noble positions:
My forewizard is borderline suicidal because my archivist has a weapon rack in his room, making his sleeping quarters "better".
This isn't so much a problem until i swapped their rooms, and now the archivist is borderline suicidal. It seems they all feel they are superior and that other positions are "lesser"
which makes all kinds of sense, but leads to quite unhappy wizards. From what i can see this seems to be the case for forewizard, negotiator, archivist and even counselor. I don't have a beast keeper at the moment to test.

Battlemages:
They don't seem to actually kill enemies with their magic attacks. My one man army unstoppable war wizard of death only has six kills to his name, the rest have died of natural causes it seems.

Other than that, great work! any chance we'll be seeing more uses for refined metals in the future? i have a ton of cobalt i'd love to turn into armored robes :D

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 06, 2011, 06:22:45 pm »

When I try to start the game with this mod, I get the error:

"Not found: data/art/curses_650x300.png"

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 07, 2011, 02:38:22 am »

Noble positions:
My forewizard is borderline suicidal because my archivist has a weapon rack in his room, making his sleeping quarters "better".
This isn't so much a problem until i swapped their rooms, and now the archivist is borderline suicidal. It seems they all feel they are superior and that other positions are "lesser"
which makes all kinds of sense, but leads to quite unhappy wizards. From what i can see this seems to be the case for forewizard, negotiator, archivist and even counselor. I don't have a beast keeper at the moment to test.

Workaround: give all those positions to the same dwarf.

Battlemages:
They don't seem to actually kill enemies with their magic attacks. My one man army unstoppable war wizard of death only has six kills to his name, the rest have died of natural causes it seems.

I noticed that too when I embarked in evil tundra. Guard wizard with killed tons of zombies and skeletons, but had no kills listed (and neither did his weapon). Maybe the recording of kills is somehow linked to the weapon, and since magic missiles disappear after use, the record is lost? The guard wizard in question did have an axe, but I'm not sure if he used it for the deathblows.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 07, 2011, 11:59:40 am »

I've got a chat with a fellow russian DF player, and we brainstormed an idea: a breeding for zombies. Make them all "male" and make a single "female" caste which is called "dark totem", is made of obsidian, looks like some symbol and has no attacks (and moves slowly). This way you could have a dark totem which rarely rises zombies.

P.S. Your undead pets have [CREATURE_CLASS:UNDEAD] listed twice. Also, a clever trick with the pus :).
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 12:04:56 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 08, 2011, 06:32:20 am »

This mod is great, the more i play it the more i like it! Just started really dipping into alchemy and wandmaking and such.

I have noted some "stananks" tho

Noble positions:

Battlemages:

Other than that, great work! any chance we'll be seeing more uses for refined metals in the future? i have a ton of cobalt i'd love to turn into armored robes :D

Thanks for the feedback!  The noble positions are getting an overhaul to correct those and other issues.  I think there's a known bug about natural-attack ranged kills not being counted by the game, but I can't seem to find it.  I don't think there's anything I can personally do to fix it.  I want to eventually have more metals like chromium, and more alloys, so cobalt, for instance, would find a nice use in cobalt-chromium alloys which will make for strong equipment.

When I try to start the game with this mod, I get the error:

"Not found: data/art/curses_650x300.png"

There's nothing in the mod to cause that.  Check out your init .txt file or art folder, the tiles file might be missing.

I noticed that too when I embarked in evil tundra. Guard wizard with killed tons of zombies and skeletons, but had no kills listed (and neither did his weapon). Maybe the recording of kills is somehow linked to the weapon, and since magic missiles disappear after use, the record is lost? The guard wizard in question did have an axe, but I'm not sure if he used it for the deathblows.

If it's not that, it may have to do with the rigged-up 'hitpoints' system that Toady One made for undead wildlife.  The kills don't seem to be tracked (in the arena mode they're said to 'vanish' when they are killed), and the magic missiles seem to do them in after one shot, no matter what part of the body gets hit.

I've got a chat with a fellow russian DF player, and we brainstormed an idea: a breeding for zombies. Make them all "male" and make a single "female" caste which is called "dark totem", is made of obsidian, looks like some symbol and has no attacks (and moves slowly). This way you could have a dark totem which rarely rises zombies.

P.S. Your undead pets have [CREATURE_CLASS:UNDEAD] listed twice. Also, a clever trick with the pus :).

Thanks and thanks!  The undead raw is messy and unfinished, I still have to get skeletons working again.  I've been wondering if the rot effect can be better created without the pus, such as sticking the syndrome in the tissue material itself.

The dark totem idea is interesting.  Migrants would bring them, but they'd sit on the edge of the map unless they're caged or chained.  Right now you can embark with undead since they're found wild in evil caverns, so the totems would spawn wild as well.  I've considered lowering their pet value so you can embark with more of them to make up for the fact that you can't currently make more.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 08, 2011, 07:18:53 am »

They won't sit there, any creature (even immobile_land) moves slowly. So they will be likely sitting in your halls, and you can always assign them to a chain to have a "dark temple" of sorts.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 08, 2011, 04:20:50 pm »

Looks like the new Genesis version 'broke' a few more things.

Spoiler: errorlog.txt (click to show/hide)

To Fix:
Find and Replace "CASSITERITE" with "NATIVE_TIN" in "inorganic_stone_mineral_resource.txt"
Find and Replace  "SPHALERITE" with "NATIVE_ZINC" in "inorganic_stone_mineral_resource.txt"
Find and Replace "[TISSUE_MATERIAL:INORGANIC:COBALTITE]" with "[TISSUE_MATERIAL:INORGANIC:NATIVE_COBALT]" in "creature_elementman_ff.txt"
Find and Replace "NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:COBALTITE" with "NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:NATIVE_COBALT" in "reaction_magma_wizard.txt" and "reaction_other_wizard.txt"

On a side note, since Genesis makes NATIVE_COBALT with the [METAL_ORE] tag for cobalt, does that make the refining reactions in Wizard Tower redundant?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #341 on: February 08, 2011, 08:11:34 pm »

They won't sit there, any creature (even immobile_land) moves slowly. So they will be likely sitting in your halls, and you can always assign them to a chain to have a "dark temple" of sorts.
A dark temple of evil obelisks which slowly and inexplicably move about on their own and randomly spawn undead?? I like it!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 08, 2011, 10:48:23 pm »

To Fix:
Find and Replace "CASSITERITE" with "NATIVE_TIN" in "inorganic_stone_mineral_resource.txt"
Find and Replace  "SPHALERITE" with "NATIVE_ZINC" in "inorganic_stone_mineral_resource.txt"
Find and Replace "[TISSUE_MATERIAL:INORGANIC:COBALTITE]" with "[TISSUE_MATERIAL:INORGANIC:NATIVE_COBALT]" in "creature_elementman_ff.txt"
Find and Replace "NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:COBALTITE" with "NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:NATIVE_COBALT" in "reaction_magma_wizard.txt" and "reaction_other_wizard.txt"

On a side note, since Genesis makes NATIVE_COBALT with the [METAL_ORE] tag for cobalt, does that make the refining reactions in Wizard Tower redundant?

Aww, I didn't think about cross-modding, sorry :). I will revert it to normal ore names in the next release.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 08, 2011, 11:31:18 pm »

To Fix:

Thanks again for the info.

I could add those ores back in for the Genesis version of Wizard Tower, or I could change the reactions/creatures for the Genesis version to work around the removals.  It would only affect the Genesis version of WT, since I probably won't be adding native metals that don't occur naturally (with discernible frequency) in terrestrial rock layers.

The alchemy reactions wouldn't be necessary for the native metal, just cobaltite.  Historically traditional attempts to smelt down cobaltite produced a sooty powder called cobalt monoxide (used for blue dye and glass, but not a workable metal).  Cobalt ore got its name (kobold ore) due to being a 'mischievous' ore that didn't behave properly.  When I add Cobaltite reactions for the smelter it'll probably work that way.

Aww, I didn't think about cross-modding, sorry :). I will revert it to normal ore names in the next release.

Well, why not have both?  Cobaltite (CoAsS) is different than Native Cobalt (Co), same with Cassiterite (SnO2) and Tin (Sn), Sphalerite (Zn(Fe)S) and Zinc (Zn).  I don't think these elements occur terrestrially as native metals (at least with any discernible frequency), but they tend to alloy with iron when they're found in nature.  Meteoric iron deposits could be a good spot for these.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 08, 2011, 11:51:15 pm »

Because they still have their names, I just made it this way for me to sort faster. It's not a change for gameplay.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 33