Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 29

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia - Game over!  (Read 41662 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia - Day 3 lives again!
« Reply #375 on: July 09, 2010, 12:42:44 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Rysith: Jokerman-EXE
Jokerman-EXE: Rysith, NUKE9.13
NUKE9.13: Solifuge
RedWarrior0: JanusTwoFace

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 09, 2010, 12:56:21 pm »

Unvote, and Jokerman-EXE.

I'm done trying to bait him into a falseclaim, and am confident enough that he's just stalling for time and uncertainty. Joker, if you are town and have anything important to reveal, say it now, lest you take it to the grave.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 09, 2010, 01:00:52 pm »

Wow, nice wagon.

What I was holding onto was my claim of Priest, because I wanted to see if Janus might reveal anything further. He raised Leafsnail, then claimed it was a one-shot. In my powers, however, I was never told that it was one-shot, so I was thinking Janus might be lying about his power, or something. It was an investigative longshot that's probably going to get me killed.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 09, 2010, 01:02:34 pm »

When did Leaf say something about actioning Toaster Night 1?

I'll take the questions the other way:
1. Based on that analysis, Joker & Nuke
However
-You could be a wolf priest. Lonewolf was a thief, so obviously those roles in the second post aren't town only
-It could be easily Soli-Rysith
2. I sort of got caught up in other stuff/forgot about this
3. I felt like checking Toony. Is that not enough reason?

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #379 on: July 09, 2010, 01:16:53 pm »

Wow, nice wagon.

What I was holding onto was my claim of Priest, because I wanted to see if Janus might reveal anything further. He raised Leafsnail, then claimed it was a one-shot. In my powers, however, I was never told that it was one-shot, so I was thinking Janus might be lying about his power, or something. It was an investigative longshot that's probably going to get me killed.

Bull.  A resurrection that's more than single use?  Not going to happen.  It completely invalidates the possibility of mis-lynching because you can just bring them back.

If it's true that you have a multi-use resurrection, why in the world would you not bring back Ottofar back on Night 1?  He would be a confirmed townie.  I didn't because I knew that I only had one shot and was betting on saving it for a more powerful role.

And if you're counter-claiming, than you know that I would have to be lying thus must be scum.  But you won't vote for me.  Why go for possible scum in Rysith (not actually possible if Solifuge isn't also scum) when you could go for (in your mind) confirmed scum?  Because you're not trying to find scum, you're trying to lynch town.

unvote, vote Jokerman-EXE

(We'll see about you tomorrow RedWarrior0)

When did Leaf say something about actioning Toaster Night 1?

It was actually Lonewolf I that said that.  Granted he was a Werewolf, but I don't see any particular reason for him to lie when he knew (as a Thief) that someone could have been following him around.  Telling the truth as scum whenever you can builds a network of trust.

1. Based on that analysis, Joker & Nuke
However
-You could be a wolf priest. Lonewolf was a thief, so obviously those roles in the second post aren't town only
-It could be easily Soli-Rysith

If I were a Werewolf Priest, why would I bring back Leafsnail and then claim?  I could just as easily have brought back Lonewolf I and false-claimed.  Or brought back Toaster or Org for all the !!fun!! that might have caused.

2. I sort of got caught up in other stuff/forgot about this

Possible.  Or you were lurking, hoping that I'd give up and go away.

3. I felt like checking Toony. Is that not enough reason?

It's a decent reason, but it's shakey.  With his claim, it was almost guaranteed that he'd be targetted by the Werewolves.  The way it is, it's a safe claim to make, seeing as either way you knew his alignment and action.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia - Day 2 "What can kill a Demon?"
« Reply #380 on: July 09, 2010, 01:21:07 pm »

Thief here. I followed Leaf to the graveyard last night. Seems he did something with Ottofar's body in some sick warlocky ritual.

Not Toaster. Ottofar.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #381 on: July 09, 2010, 01:36:11 pm »

Thief here. I followed Leaf to the graveyard last night. Seems he did something with Ottofar's body in some sick warlocky ritual.

Not Toaster. Ottofar.

Huh.  I guess that's off then.  Yet another case of the summer screwing up my brain.  At least we don't have to worry as much about Lonewolf I telling the truth.  Leafsnail probably didn't gain anything of value from Ottofar.  On the other hand, he'll probably be able to get something tonight if he survives.  And with a Thief and a Mystic around, I don't know why he wouldn't (even though one of the two is likely scum).

For some reason that prompted a thought though.  Have you voted since random voting Leafsnail the second post of the game (which you never changed)?  (The correct answer is no, unless I missed something which I'll admit to being a possibility).  Why not?

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 09, 2010, 02:20:48 pm »

Haven't felt like voting anyone. Plus when I was caught up in other stuff.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #383 on: July 09, 2010, 02:40:47 pm »

Wow, nice wagon.

Wait.  Let me clarify, which of these are you claiming:
- You are a Priest.
- You have the power to raise the dead.
- Your power has no limits on its use.
- You raised Leafsnail.

I ask because looking back I'm not actually sure if you said the last one or not.  If you're not claiming Leafsnail's raising, than why didn't you raise him?  And if I could use my powers more than once, why wouldn't I?

Haven't felt like voting anyone. Plus when I was caught up in other stuff.

So you're barely scumhunting (giving you credit for this post) and not voting.  What are you doing that's at all helpful to the town?

Especially why aren't you voting when there are two conflicting Priests about.  One of us almost§ has to be lying and thus has to be scum.

§Unless Mephansteras introduced roles that can be slightly different with the same name.  I wouldn't actually be surprised, it would be a neat feature.  I don't think that's the case here though.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 09, 2010, 04:03:34 pm »

Welp. Jokerman is obvscum upon obvscum.
After that its either JTF or redwarrior; probably redwarrior.
Long Live United Forenia!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 09, 2010, 06:23:58 pm »

Well, as a warlock, I could target a dead person every night, and start talking to them via pm.  Like a really limited medium.

I targetted Ottofar, since he was the only dead person at that time.  Didn't get any PMs back from him... not like he had any useful info anyway.

I then died.  Org killed me (flavour made it clear it was Org specifcally, and that he was a demon).  I came back to life for some reason last night.

I haven't been reading the game since I'm dead, though... I'll have to catch up.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 09, 2010, 07:14:34 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Rysith: Jokerman-EXE
Jokerman-EXE: Rysith, JanusTwoFace, NUKE9.13, Solifuge

The votes are tallied, and it is obvious that Jokerman-EXE must die. He curses and turns to run, but JanusTwoFace and Solifuge tackle him and drag him up to the gallows.

He kicks, screams, and spits, calling upon the gods and cursing your families. The Priest's struggles all for naught, however, and Janus kicks the stool out from beneath his feet. His neck snaps with an audible crack.

As before, with Lonewolf, the body shifts and changes until it is a red-furred wolf hanging from the beam and not a man. It seems you chose correctly once again!

But night falls soon, and few of you feel safe at night. Best to return to your beds swiftly.

Night has fallen. Send in your actions!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia - Night 3
« Reply #387 on: July 12, 2010, 03:08:02 pm »

The dawns with a hint of rain on the air.

As you gather around the town hall, you notice that Leafsnail has not joined you today. Wondering if something else has befallen the poor Warlock, you head off to his house.

The front door is locked, and seems undisturbed, so you circle around to the back.

There you find the kitchen door knocked down. On the floor lie scattered bones, bits of flesh still clinging to them amidst a pool of blood.

It seems that Leafsnail was twice-doomed, indeed.

You return to the hall. There is obviously at least one more monster to find and kill.

Day 4 has begun. It will go until ~5pm Pacific Thursday
Come play Mafia with us!

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
Re: Supernatural Mafia - Day 4 is doomed again
« Reply #388 on: July 12, 2010, 03:19:08 pm »

So, RedWarrior0 and Nuke9.13, what do you know?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia - Day 4 is doomed again
« Reply #389 on: July 13, 2010, 01:59:03 am »

I followed redwarrior to Leafsnail's place.
Long Live United Forenia!
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 29