Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 29

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia - Game over!  (Read 41693 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia - Day 2 "What can kill a Demon?"
« Reply #315 on: July 02, 2010, 03:22:15 am »

Unvote

That is a very good reason to focus on vampires alone.

Also, this throws certain peoples insistence that there aren't vampires into a whole new light, Lonewolf
I never said there aren't any, I said that the flavor didn't feel like vampires to me, and Toony's latching on to them seemed wierd.   If he'd given me a straight answer instead of beating around the bush, I wouldn't have had to repeat myself three or four times.  If you think the repetition of a minor suspicion means I'm 'insisting' that there aren't vampires, then I'm thinking you're getting pretty desperate to find a new target now that Toony's claimed.  I'd say you're looking like panicky scum right now, NUKE9.13.

Anyway, three extensions in the space of five minutes sends up a red flag on my scumdar, but since it is so close to the end of the day, coincidence is still reasonably probable.  What do you guys think?
AKA
Lonewolf
OMGUS
No seriously; I call you scum, therefore, I am desperately looking for scum? Ye gods you are stupid.
I have my reasons for calling you scum. Observe:

Org sounds like he was killed by a werewolf.  Seriously, guys, does that look like a vampire to you?  A feral vampire would be pretty cool, but I think Meph is more likely to go with vanilla supernatural flavor for the first game ever.

ToonyMan - You seem positively adamant that there are vampires and they killed Org.  Why didn't you even consider the possibility that there are werewolves?  You aren't a werewolf, are you?
Look at this. Look at it, and recoil in shame. Here you are as insistent as Toony on the existence of werewolves- with the added bonus of voting for him.
At this point, whether it were vampires or werewolves did not matter. I thought you were making a point about ToonyMan assuming vampires... but looking back, no, no you were not. You honestly wanted people to believe in werewolves, over vampires, based on a little bit of flavour text. That is either very, very stupid of you... or merely very stupid of you if you are vampire scum. Giving you the benefit of the doubt here and assigning you a modicum of intelligence gives us the conclusion: you are scum. Or a werewolf hunter. But you already said you are a thief, so, probably scum.

This is not something I just made up out of 'desperation to find new targets'. If you look back over my posts you will find me calling you an idiot for talking about werewolves multiple times.

Also. 'Desperation to find new targets': Voting for people with not a vote on them for valid reasons, even after just unvoting someone- not scummy. Its called 'scumhunting'. One doesn't take a break from scumhunting. When one target becomes less scummy, another target must be found, and pressured. The scum aren't going to leap out and go 'listen to me I am scum'
However, accusing someone of being scum for what amounts to 'overzealous scumhunting'- at best a mistake, at worst, a mistake made by scum.

ALSO. 'three extensions in five minutes bla bla bla scumdar'- What. The. Fuck. Scum are not controlled by a hivemind. They are online or offline at different times. And an extension is not particularly advantageous to scum. The lack of an extension, however, is advantageous to those who want people lynched quickly and recklessly regardless of new information. AKA SCUM.
Long Live United Forenia!

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: July 02, 2010, 06:32:59 am »

Unvote

Also, this throws certain peoples insistence that there aren't vampires into a whole new light, Lonewolf
I never said there aren't any, I said that the flavor didn't feel like vampires to me, and Toony's latching on to them seemed wierd.   If he'd given me a straight answer instead of beating around the bush, I wouldn't have had to repeat myself three or four times.  If you think the repetition of a minor suspicion means I'm 'insisting' that there aren't vampires, then I'm thinking you're getting pretty desperate to find a new target now that Toony's claimed.  I'd say you're looking like panicky scum right now, NUKE9.13.

Anyway, three extensions in the space of five minutes sends up a red flag on my scumdar, but since it is so close to the end of the day, coincidence is still reasonably probable.  What do you guys think?
AKA
Lonewolf
OMGUS

NO YOU

Org sounds like he was killed by a werewolf.  Seriously, guys, does that look like a vampire to you?  A feral vampire would be pretty cool, but I think Meph is more likely to go with vanilla supernatural flavor for the first game ever.

ToonyMan - You seem positively adamant that there are vampires and they killed Org.  Why didn't you even consider the possibility that there are werewolves?  You aren't a werewolf, are you?
Look at this. Look at it, and recoil in shame. Here you are as insistent as Toony on the existence of werewolves- with the added bonus of voting for him.
At this point, whether it were vampires or werewolves did not matter. I thought you were making a point about ToonyMan assuming vampires... but looking back, no, no you were not. You honestly wanted people to believe in werewolves, over vampires, based on a little bit of flavour text. That is either very, very stupid of you... or merely very stupid of you if you are vampire scum. Giving you the benefit of the doubt here and assigning you a modicum of intelligence gives us the conclusion: you are scum. Or a werewolf hunter. But you already said you are a thief, so, probably scum.

Forgive me if I chuckle a bit on seeing this.  Are you saying that the speculative nature of my wording, as well as the fact that it's merely a counter-possibility to bring doubt onto Toony's own, can be interpreted as me saying "Hey guys.  There are werewolves.  I'm sure there are!  Toony's full of it!"?  If that's what you're saying, then I'm only more convinced.  You have to have a seriously twisted interpretation of my words to pull that meaning out of it, and so I say again:  You're scum and you're reaching.  There's nothing substantial in your attack.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: July 02, 2010, 11:12:09 am »

Unvote

AKA
Lonewolf
OMGUS

NO YOU
I like how you take a serious accusation and turn it into a joke. Hahaha! Making jokes of serious business as a defensive mechanism is a scumtell! Hahaha!

Forgive me if I chuckle a bit on seeing this.  Are you saying that the speculative nature of my wording, as well as the fact that it's merely a counter-possibility to bring doubt onto Toony's own, can be interpreted as me saying "Hey guys.  There are werewolves.  I'm sure there are!  Toony's full of it!"?  If that's what you're saying, then I'm only more convinced.  You have to have a seriously twisted interpretation of my words to pull that meaning out of it, and so I say again:  You're scum and you're reaching.  There's nothing substantial in your attack.
Ok, first thing: You take one aspect of my attack, call it baloney, then conclude that my entire attack is baloney.
...it doesn't work that way.
Secondly, no, you were as adamant as Toony was re:vampires about werewolves there. You can say you weren't, but, well, you were. I can't be bothered to do a whole line-by-line analysis, but rest assured- I could, and the conclusion would be: adamant about werewolves over vampires.
Thirdly, if I were scum, desperately seeking to lynch someone, why would I switch my vote away from Toony? I could just copy-paste jokerman's argument, or just lurk away; the extension would never have even happened then. I'm not saying this proves I'm not scum- but it does make your suggestion that I am 'reaching' quite ludicrous.

In conclusion: Stop making jokes; answer all my accusations (even with just 'this accusation is stupid'), and make sure that future accusations at me make sense.

PS:Something I just spotted:
What do you guys think?
Afraid to present own opinion without committee approval: another scumtell! (Not that I needed more to be convinced; but for the sake of others)

Solifuge and Rysith, blablabla RL restrictions, whatever, it would still be grand if you could all get in here and give your two cents.
Long Live United Forenia!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: July 02, 2010, 12:07:03 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Lonewolf I: NUKE9.13
NUKE9.13: Lonewolf I, Mr.Person, ToonyMan
RedWarrior0: JanusTwoFace
ToonyMan: Rysith, Jokerman-EXE, Solifuge

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today. Might be a bit later since I'm headed off to hike Mt. St. Helens today, but we'll see.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #319 on: July 02, 2010, 12:26:48 pm »

Something came up that called for an extension.  The only way that would have any bearing on being scum IMO is if all three were scum and were actually duplicate accounts.

Why the FUCK would you inspect for a threat that may not even EXIST when you can kill? Jeez, ToonyMan, I thought you were smarter than this.

Because if you guess wrong and you kill, you have a dead townie/third party.  If you guess wrong and you inspect you've narrowed the list of possible Vampires.  And I'm not actually sure if ToonyMan knew that his inspection was Vampire-only until he looked again.

On the other hand, if I had a kill, I would have used that as an inspection on whoever was either scummiest / most annoying the day before.  There're more than enough players in this game that I wouldn't mind being rid of.

Firstly, what did you mean by the part that I bolded?

Solifuge and NUKE9.13 each had an indepth account of what they think happened long before ToonyMan made the Vampire comment and you didn't jump on them.

2. I understand what you're saying, but you have to see it from my view: I was scum with him last game and we pulled the same gambit. I'm not going to believe him point-blank on anything.

Do you think ToonyMan would pull the exact same gambit twice in a row?  Especially with a decent number of players that were in both games?

3. I believe that he's exhibited scumtells and that I want to find out for sure if his claim was for real. If it is and he dies, we have a large amount of information to work with. If it's not and he dies, awesome for us. If it's not true and he lives, though, we gain nothing and take a huge risk. An extra kill like that takes us to LyLo really fast, as well.

He's also a lightning rod if he lives.  I don't think the scum will want him around to possible kill them in the night, the question is are they worried enough of the night kill to risk some sort of protective role?

RedWarrior0, are you actually playing this game anymore?  Your last post was the evening of June 29 while posting 21 times on other threads.  You're on the forums, you're just not here.  Once again you've completely gone missing at the official end of day and you're the only one who hasn't cast a vote yet.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #320 on: July 02, 2010, 02:30:31 pm »

Gah.  unvote

I'd rather see Lonewolf I lynched than NUKE9.13 or ToonyMan at this point  (NUKE9.13 before ToonyMan after that).

Please tell me at least someone will be online before the deadline...  Preferably all of the lurkers, but I know how likely that is.  >:(

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 02, 2010, 02:43:15 pm »

"Why are you freaking out about killing townies?"
writes a three paragraph post
If you don't know, I would like town to win this game.

Yes, I would as well. We do that by killing the scum. We don't do that by sitting back and being cautious.

Your questioning if vampires are here is classic WIFOM. 

No, it's not. It's me just saying that you're being an idiot. There may be vampires. There may not be vampires. Assuming there are vampires is fallacious. It's also not important, except that it makes your inspections only possibly correct if you get a "non-vampire" result (which is the most likely result even if we're facing an entire scum-team of vampires, by the way).

You even say one might be immune to inspections, that's even worse WIFOM.

That's also not WIFOM, that's called not falling for Occam's Razor. NEVER, EVER, EVER trust an inspection 100% unless it's all of the roles are known and there's no possibility of the inspection being false. Not only is your inspection not sane, it also only inspects for one specific kind of threat. And by immune to inspections, I mostly meant ascetics, not so much godfather-style enemies.

Your second paragraph is made up flounder, I did what I thought was right, if I outed a vampire it would help us.  If your so butt hurt I'll kill next time just for your ass, okay?

I was aware that you thought I was scummy, yes, but you've gone into no details as to why. So let's see as you give very specific reasoning for your scum picks.

My scum list is here,
Mr.Person - overreacted to my assumption
Jokerman - first claims I'm scum for my "highly specific" knowledge of the game, then says that he actually was just voting me because of "meta-reasons" vamptrash move
Lonewolf - "You seem positively adamant that there are vampires and they killed Org.  Why didn't you even consider the possibility that there are werewolves?", just laugh a little at his hypocrisy, then realize his overreaction to my assumption
NUKE - his vote came the hell out of nowhere and is utterly nonsensical, I explained above
And its remained the same so far.

And you quote yourself with the same old undescriptive shit. Not helpful. Your Lonewolf reasoning baffles me, I simply can't follow it. Actually, I'm having trouble keeping track of any of your logics. I kind of get your Jokerman reasoning, but I'm not 100% sure I've got it right.

Just a little thought anyway, if I did kill (I'll do that this night if given the chance) it would have been useless anyway.  So harm isn't even done in the first place.

The results don't matter. What matters is you decided to inspect over killing. Ok, so the results matter, but not to our discussion.

@Nuke: Well, that's actually starting to make some sense. Unvote. Since I don't have any really strong targets among the rest of you guys, I'll just vote RedWarrior until he gets his ass back here.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #322 on: July 02, 2010, 02:54:04 pm »

Why couldn't you have posted 15 minutes sooner?  :(
At least with your vote a RedWarrior0 lynch is possible.

unvote and revote RedWarrior0

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 02, 2010, 03:06:11 pm »

Janus, do you perhaps want an extension? I would really rather not lynch RedWarrior just for lurking.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 02, 2010, 03:07:46 pm »

Unvote. Bad Lonewolf I. Not only are you being a hypocrite, and claiming someone is scummy because they have a strong opinion on Scum Flavor, which conflicts with the opinion you've been trying to argue, but we also have evidence that supports their argument (that we are facing Vampires, ala Toonyman's claim as Vampire Hunter) and yet you're still using it as the basis for their scumminess. Then, when someone calls you on it, you make a feeble attempt to deflect via laughing it off and then OMGUS-ing to vote for them... bwhaaaat?

I expect better of you, Lonewolf. No more Scooby Snax for you until you shape up.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #325 on: July 02, 2010, 03:23:19 pm »

Janus, do you perhaps want an extension? I would really rather not lynch RedWarrior just for lurking.

I'd rather lynch him for lurking excessively (3 days while posting plenty in other threads) and not scum hunting when he does post.  Both are scummy behaviors.  I'd only want another extension if we're in a No Lynch situation (we are now but I'll wait to see if we can decided on a single lynch target in the next few hours).

Unvote. Bad Lonewolf I. Not only are you being a hypocrite, and claiming someone is scummy because they have a strong opinion on Scum Flavor, which conflicts with the opinion you've been trying to argue, but we also have evidence that supports their argument (that we are facing Vampires, ala Toonyman's claim as Vampire Hunter) and yet you're still using it as the basis for their scumminess. Then, when someone calls you on it, you make a feeble attempt to deflect via laughing it off and then OMGUS-ing to vote for them... bwhaaaat?

I expect better of you, Lonewolf. No more Scooby Snax for you until you shape up.

With your new vote, we have a four way tie with 2 votes on each.  Not exactly a pleasant position to be in as it lets the scum basically control the lynch.  For that matter, if no one changes their vote, it leaves RedWarrior0 in control of the lynch if he shows up, not a pleasant thought IMO.

Is that what you want?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 02, 2010, 03:26:08 pm »

Voting Lonewolf, he's most likely a Vampire.

I'll kill Mr.Person tonight.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 02, 2010, 05:40:32 pm »

And why, pray tell, are you going to be doing that?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 02, 2010, 05:48:28 pm »

Because I think you're scum and obviously I can't inspect you because that would be stupid.  You don't really care about dying, do you?

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 02, 2010, 07:08:49 pm »

I care more that you're pissing me the fuck off. Quit being a smartass.

Why do you think I'm scum?

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 29