Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 29

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia - Game over!  (Read 41717 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia - Day 2 "What can kill a Demon?"
« Reply #285 on: June 30, 2010, 07:59:04 pm »

Why didn't you even consider the possibility that there are werewolves?

I asked you this question, and rather than answering, you turned it back on me.  I gave you an answer, and asked you again to answer the question yourself.  You haven't even acknowledged it.

I'm sorry, but I did answer it.  I just never put it into an official quote box.
Lonewolf - "You seem positively adamant that there are vampires and they killed Org.  Why didn't you even consider the possibility that there are werewolves?", just laugh a little at his hypocrisy, then realize his overreaction to my assumption
If it's not clear it's because you want me to consider the possibilities of werewolves when I was considering the possibilities of vampires.  You see, that's hypocrisy.  My bad on not clearing that up farther though.

On the note of mis-questions Jokerman hasn't posted back yet, but just to make sure he sees it,
You're making a lot of assumptions with seemingly no basis. Sure, the flavor might make you think, "Vampire." I can see where you would get that. But immediately jumping to Vampire Cult and then defending it against questioning? That's gorram suspicious.
If they are simply assumptions then there is no worry, is there?  You even admit here that one could assume vampires are here, you state it yourself.  Why is it that jumping to Vampire Cult is such a bad connection?  Does that worry you, vampire?  I'm pretty sure your question here is rhetorical so speak up if not.
"Why is it that jumping to Vampire Cult is such a bad connection?" is the question.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 01, 2010, 07:26:22 am »

ToonyMan, ToonyMan. You froth and scream, but to no avail. Your posts betray your panic. If I was not sure of your scumitude before, I am now.

To respond to your response to me: Did I mention vampires? I don't think I mentioned vampires. Lonewolf is the idiot going on about vampires/werewolves. They are practically the same thing, mechanic wise, and you are an idiot for bitching about it, lonewolf. But I did not mention vampires. Only a cult. Vampire cult, werewolf cult, who cares?
The fact that you flip the fuck out about something I didn't even mention, and fail to adress any of the things I actually said, then go on to call my attack 'utterly nonsensical'- that is just pathetic. Pathetically scummy.
Long Live United Forenia!

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 01, 2010, 09:03:17 am »

Rysith: You are lurking, cut it out.

I can post about once per day, with less time for analysis right now because there is a release going on. Going 24 hours without posting is not lurking.

With game days generally being 3 RL days, going 24 hours without posting is lurking.  Especially if you can only post once per day and will thus only get in about 2 posts per cycle.  It's really unhelpful because it doesn't give us any chance to actually interact with you thus making you automatically suspicious.

Well, I have a job that's currently being a bit more than 9 to 5, which gets in the way of posting more than once a day. I apologize if that seems like lurking to you.

Also, vote ToonyMan (as if more were needed, but this is my last post of the day). You were reading as strangely off day one, your reading as even more off today: Your typing style is alternatively clipped, overly-explanatory, or forced. Even as you approach a lynch (and thus, proof of your alignment) you keep defending yourself and latching on to the vampire/werewolf/cult argument. You're panicking, and that's not town ToonyMan.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 01, 2010, 01:59:01 pm »

Fine, I thought I would be able to live today, but I don't care because I got all the info I need to help the town after me.

I'm the Vampire Hunter obviously, I can't be converted by them and I get a kill and inspect each night.  Day 1 I didn't do anything note-worthy because I I wanted to use my inspect and hopefully hit scum so I can reveal them the next day.  Last night I inspected Leafsnail, who came up town and was found the next day dead.  Half-way through the day I got sick of waiting so I thought of "assuming" there was vampires through the flavor text and then wrote down who was reacting the oddest.

I might as well make a list on this unnatural responses,
THIS IS HIGHLY IMPORTANT

Mr.Person - overreacted to my assumption
Jokerman - first claims I'm scum for my "highly specific" knowledge of the game, then says that he actually was just voting me because of "meta-reasons" vamptrash move
Lonewolf - "You seem positively adamant that there are vampires and they killed Org.  Why didn't you even consider the possibility that there are werewolves?", just laugh a little at his hypocrisy, then realize his overreaction to my assumption
NUKE - his vote came the hell out of nowhere and is utterly nonsensical, I explained above

Your best man is going to die, but I don't care because I'm assured town will be able to use what I got from today to lynch the remaining vampires that exist.  I'm sorry if I was acting odd and I could have just stayed in the background and did another inspect or something, but that isn't as fun and just isn't me.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 01, 2010, 01:59:56 pm »

it should be kill or inspect, not and

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 01, 2010, 02:35:15 pm »

I'm the Vampire Hunter obviously,

You mean the famed vampire hunter ToonyVan Helsing?

I should be a good spectator now and keep quiet.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 01, 2010, 02:38:32 pm »

I haven't watched many Vampire movies, maybe I did it wrong.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #292 on: July 01, 2010, 02:39:51 pm »

I'm the Vampire Hunter obviously, I can't be converted by them and I get a kill and inspect each night.  Day 1 I didn't do anything note-worthy because I I wanted to use my inspect and hopefully hit scum so I can reveal them the next day.  Last night I inspected Leafsnail, who came up town and was found the next day dead.  Half-way through the day I got sick of waiting so I thought of "assuming" there was vampires through the flavor text and then wrote down who was reacting the oddest.

Which either means that there actually are Vampires or that you're a Hunter without a target.  What does your Inspect actually return?  Is it just Vampire / Not Vampire or can you identify any non-human.  And does your Kill only work on Vampires or on anyone?

Right now I'm inclined to believe you, the problem is that I'm not one of the ones that have to be convinced.  Even on the chance that you are lying, I think they we should leave you alive for another night.  With a Kill or Inspect (depending on exactly what you can do with them), you can be one of our more powerful tools.

Jokerman-EXE, NUKE9.13, Solifuge, and Rysith.  What do you think about this claim?
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 01, 2010, 02:44:58 pm »

Which either means that there actually are Vampires or that you're a Hunter without a target.  What does your Inspect actually return?  Is it just Vampire / Not Vampire or can you identify any non-human.  And does your Kill only work on Vampires or on anyone?

Right now I'm inclined to believe you, the problem is that I'm not one of the ones that have to be convinced.  Even on the chance that you are lying, I think they we should leave you alive for another night.  With a Kill or Inspect (depending on exactly what you can do with them), you can be one of our more powerful tools.

Jokerman-EXE, NUKE9.13, Solifuge, and Rysith.  What do you think about this claim?

Looking back at my PM, it says I can inspect if someone is a vampire or not, so it's possible I could inspect scum who aren't a vampire and they'll pass under my radar.  I can kill anyone, it doesn't have to be a vampire.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 01, 2010, 04:00:10 pm »

...fuck.

Well, I don't think I need to answer your previous question, Toony, because you roleclaimed. It seemed like a pretty big stretch to me, but not if you really had knowledge like that.

Still, I can't ignore your meta and how you've been so defensive and abrasive. You still feel like scum Toony to me, and I'm not 100% convinced this isn't a fake claim. I mean, I've seen you fakeclaim before, so why would I believe you now? You might be some weird third-party half-scum or something, I don't know.

Regardless, your actions up to this point prompt me to leave my vote on you. If you're telling the truth, though, I'll make sure to keep following along with what you were doing.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 01, 2010, 04:49:02 pm »

What the hell did I just read?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 01, 2010, 04:54:47 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
NUKE9.13: Mr.Person, ToonyMan
RedWarrior0: JanusTwoFace
ToonyMan: Rysith, Jokerman-EXE, Lonewolf I, NUKE9.13, Solifuge

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today

So...about 2 hours. Also, note that I am now on vacation until Monday so my schedule might be a little more wonky than usual and updated might not happen as often. I have internet, though, so the game should run roughly on time.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 01, 2010, 05:00:08 pm »

What the hell did I just read?

Me explaining how I feel and why my vote is still on you.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #298 on: July 01, 2010, 05:09:22 pm »

...fuck.

Well, I don't think I need to answer your previous question, Toony, because you roleclaimed. It seemed like a pretty big stretch to me, but not if you really had knowledge like that.

You're serious, aren't you?

You should answer his question anyways.  Why would assuming Vampires be a bad thing (before there was a claimed Vampire Hunter)?  Especially when there were two people filling in all the holes before and Lonewolf's Werewolves afterwords.

Still, I can't ignore your meta and how you've been so defensive and abrasive. You still feel like scum Toony to me, and I'm not 100% convinced this isn't a fake claim. I mean, I've seen you fakeclaim before, so why would I believe you now? You might be some weird third-party half-scum or something, I don't know.

If he's telling the truth, it makes sense that he's being defensive and abrasive.  He's about to be lynched for trying to tell the truth with a chance of the scum not picking up on it (of course if they were Vampires, I doubt it).  And if he's telling the truth, we've already seen two third parties.  Do you really think we'll see more?

Regardless, your actions up to this point prompt me to leave my vote on you. If you're telling the truth, though, I'll make sure to keep following along with what you were doing.

What it looks like to me is that you think that he'll flip town but you want him lynched anyways.  So you're hedging your bets.  Scummy.

Well, I have a job that's currently being a bit more than 9 to 5, which gets in the way of posting more than once a day. I apologize if that seems like lurking to you.

Also, vote ToonyMan (as if more were needed, but this is my last post of the day). You were reading as strangely off day one, your reading as even more off today: Your typing style is alternatively clipped, overly-explanatory, or forced. Even as you approach a lynch (and thus, proof of your alignment) you keep defending yourself and latching on to the vampire/werewolf/cult argument. You're panicking, and that's not town ToonyMan.

And it makes it difficult (if not impossible) for you to respond to new circumstances like ToonyMan's claim.

Same as above, he's about to be lynched for telling the truth.  I'd be panicky too.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 01, 2010, 05:22:13 pm »

Aw heck. That does explain your behaviour. It totally does.
Unvote

I would say this merits an extension, but I doubt we'll get the required number of ayes before nightfall.

Also, this throws certain peoples insistence that there aren't vampires into a whole new light, Lonewolf
Long Live United Forenia!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 29