Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 29

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia - Game over!  (Read 41732 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia - Day 2 "What can kill a Demon?"
« Reply #225 on: June 28, 2010, 06:32:42 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Mr.Person: JanusTwoFace
NUKE9.13: ToonyMan

Sorry Leaf, but I never claimed that deaths would be pleasant to read about in this game...
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 28, 2010, 06:41:01 pm »

Go ahead Janus, ignore my long-standing attack of RedWarrior or my more recent attack of Nuke.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #227 on: June 28, 2010, 08:28:15 pm »

Mr.Person
You attacks?  You had a decent post about NUKE9.13, but it looks more like a comment on playstyle than an outright attack to me, although on second reading you could have something.  But you had not even mentioned NUKE9.13 before that.

As for RedWarrior, you basically say over and over again that he's scummy without saying much.  You do keep insisting that deflection is not scummy, which seems very unusual to me.

As far as lurking, yesterday was extended June 24 @ 7:40 pm at which point you hadn't posted for over 24 hours.  All you'd said at that point was "RedWarrior is even less useful than Org" here.  Why wouldn't you weigh on on the two/three potential lynch targets?

RedWarrior0
So you were going to analyze Org?  When he wasn't in danger of being lynched at that point?  That's convenient.  Other than that, everything else in your two posts is essentially worthless. 

The Devil comment from rules discussion is interesting, but not something we can depend on because it looks like Mephansteras added his own flair to everything before starting the game.  Everything else?  Comments repeating the flavor basically without your analysis.

So why don't you stop sidelining and start scum hunting?
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 28, 2010, 08:39:28 pm »

What? I was going to give a list of stuff for Toaster.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #229 on: June 28, 2010, 08:49:25 pm »

So you misspoke than? 

I was asking for an extension to finish my analysis for the devil that died.

Like with Org, it doesn't take you long to find out. ... It seems he was some sort of Devil, and perhaps he got his just due.

Why did you use the roles instead of the names in the first place?

And you're still not scum hunting.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 28, 2010, 08:53:07 pm »

Toaster was the devil. Org was a demon. And I haven't hunted today because I haven't had a good time to think.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #231 on: June 28, 2010, 08:54:44 pm »

Oh yeah.  You're right.  Nevermind, the 'like with Org confused me'.

Ignoring that, could you answer my other question please.

Why did you use the roles instead of the names in the first place?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 28, 2010, 08:57:49 pm »

That's the second time you've made a marginal mistake...are you nervous?

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #233 on: June 28, 2010, 09:07:55 pm »

No, just trying to read too much and missing small things.

You missed the first one yourself and if you look at the part I quoted from Mephansteras, it does look like Org was the Devil, and that's how I read it (I admit it was my editing that caused the problem there).

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 28, 2010, 09:20:03 pm »

When you said "You missed the first one yourself", are you talking about when you made your first marginal mistake?

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #235 on: June 28, 2010, 09:26:34 pm »

Woah to be honest I thought that said 'through' as well.

Or was there another?

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 28, 2010, 09:50:16 pm »

Mr.Person
You attacks?  You had a decent post about NUKE9.13, but it looks more like a comment on playstyle than an outright attack to me, although on second reading you could have something.  But you had not even mentioned NUKE9.13 before that.

As for RedWarrior, you basically say over and over again that he's scummy without saying much.  You do keep insisting that deflection is not scummy, which seems very unusual to me.

As far as lurking, yesterday was extended June 24 @ 7:40 pm at which point you hadn't posted for over 24 hours.  All you'd said at that point was "RedWarrior is even less useful than Org" here.  Why wouldn't you weigh on on the two/three potential lynch targets?

Another moron who won't even try and give a reason for "deflection" being scummy.

All the lynch targets at the time were neutral. Everyone's neutral except the scum picks. Rather than say something useless like "I dunno about Ottofar", instead I attacked the player I actually wanted lynched, which in this case was Nuke. RedWarrior's still on the map, by the way, but Nuke doesn't seem to care at all.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 28, 2010, 09:56:00 pm »

Woah to be honest I thought that said 'through' as well.

Or was there another?
I don't think so.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 28, 2010, 10:07:56 pm »

Day 2. Time to cut the silly and put on my gameface.

Theory: We were facing a cult (now ended), and still have a Serial Killer to deal with. Mechanically, the cult it is lead by a Devil, who indoctrinates others through Demonic possession, but cannot themselves kill. Any Demons they possess gain a Nightkill though. On N0, the Devil picks, or is assigned an initial Demon (probably to keep the game from ending in a D1 lynch). I'm inclined to think the starting Demon was chosen by Toaster, since Org has perpetual WIFOM that makes him iffy to kill.

Anyway, Demon Org views Leafsnail as a threatening player (as evidenced by the last Paranormal Mafia), so he targeted him on N1 with his Nightkill. On the same night, our Serial Killer was suspicious of Org's assuredness on D1 of there being a Cult, and went after him, hoping to eliminate Scum and help lower his chances of being NKed by them. Meanwhile, Devil Toaster sought to indoctrinate a player into the cult, and targeted a Sorcerer ("A powerful mage, the sorcerer likes to keep to himself and has the power to enforce his seclusion.") I take that to mean that the Sorcerer counterkills anyone targeting him... hence the steaming hole in Devil Toaster's torso, which goes clear into the floorboards.

I've not got the facts to substantiate this, but if you yourself have knowledge (were targetted by the Devil last night, etc) you can test the veracity of this yourself.

By my reckoning, we are looking at some sort of monstrous Serial Killer (namely one with claws). If I had to take my pick, my suspicions fall on Toonyman for his self-protective passive aggression.

Also, welcome brother Rysith! By all means, feel free to join the discussion post haste.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #239 on: June 28, 2010, 10:13:02 pm »

Another moron who won't even try and give a reason for "deflection" being scummy.

You got me thinking, so I went to mafiascum.net's wiki which was singularly unhelpful on the subject of deflection.  Deflection to me means shifting the attention away from yourself without attempting to counter the points against you.  Defending yourself is not generally scummy (except when taken too far), but deflection is. 

Do you agree that is scummy behavior?  If not, do you at least agree with the definition?

All the lynch targets at the time were neutral. Everyone's neutral except the scum picks. Rather than say something useless like "I dunno about Ottofar", instead I attacked the player I actually wanted lynched, which in this case was Nuke. RedWarrior's still on the map, by the way, but Nuke doesn't seem to care at all.

Could you explain what you mean by the first two sentences?  Because I don't particlarly see anyone as being neutral in a Mafia game, everyone has some goal and is either pro-town or anti-town, if weakly in some third party cases (no idea if we have those in this game).

And what do you mean by scum picks?

Do you think that holding your ground and maintaining your vote at the end of the day was useful than even though it would have no effect on the lynch?

Psuedo-edit: I have a response to Solifuge, but I want to post this first.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 29