Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 29

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia - Game over!  (Read 41681 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia - Day 1 brings mystery
« Reply #210 on: June 25, 2010, 05:51:40 pm »

Its not that I don't think you are scum.
I think Janus is more scum.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #211 on: June 25, 2010, 05:59:56 pm »

Post from phone.

I still think Ottofar is who we should lynch today.

Org, why do you think I'm scum? The only really recent reasons I can dig up are:
- I don't like your playstyle (it's true and I'm not the only one)
- I was fine with a no lynch (not true, shows that earlier)

So do you actually have anything or are you just trying to get me lynched?
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 25, 2010, 06:02:03 pm »

Heh, at least I won't be messing up a LyLo.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 25, 2010, 06:07:46 pm »

MOAR LIEK U WANT ME DEAD

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 25, 2010, 06:14:36 pm »

Can we get a brief extension?

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 25, 2010, 06:56:48 pm »

I could live with one-hour or so extension.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 25, 2010, 07:27:53 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
JanusTwoFace: Criptfeind, Org, Ottofar
Leafsnail: RedWarrior0, ToonyMan
Ottofar: JanusTwoFace, Leafsnail, NUKE9.13, Toaster
RedWarrior0: Mr.Person
Solifuge: Lonewolf I
ToonyMan: Jokerman-EXE

You drag Ottofar kicking and screaming up to the gallows.

"I'm not some monster! I'm just a simple cooper, that's all!" he cries, as the rope is strung around his neck.

"Really?" sneers Leafsnail "I guess we'll just have to find out, huh?"

"I can-" his protests are cut off as Leafsnail kicks the stool out from under him. Mercifully, his neck snaps and he is spared a lingering death.

After cutting the body down you inspect it. He seems perfectly human, all right. No strange markings, no fangs, nothing odd at all. Well, a hairy mole or two on his back but there's nothing unusual there.

Discussing things, you decide to head over to his house. There you find that he was, at least, telling the truth about his occupation. He was a cooper. And a decent one at that, looking at the finished barrels sitting around the workshop. A careful inspection of the home reveals nothing else of note. It seems you've lynched an innocent townsperson.

Night is swiftly beginning to cover the land, so you all rush to your homes. It's just not safe out at night these days.

Sorry, half an hour is all the time I could spare. Not that anyone did anything with it.

Anyway, Night 1 has fallen. Send in your night actions!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia - Night 1 **Needs a replacement**
« Reply #217 on: June 26, 2010, 01:38:57 pm »

Criptfeind has informed me that he is having computer issues, and requires a replacement.

EDIT: -- Rysith has replaced Criptfeind
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 05:09:59 pm by Mephansteras »
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia - Night 1 **Replacement found**
« Reply #218 on: June 28, 2010, 03:56:23 pm »

You gather at dawn by the town hall. But looking around, you see the Leafsnail, Org, and Toaster have failed to join you. Puzzling.

You decide to go as a group to see what might be keeping them.

First you head to Leafsnail's house, since it is closest. There you find his door open. Cautiously you enter the gloomy house. Someone grabs a lantern and lights it.

You peer into one room after another, worried that something might have happened to him. But you could not have expected the horror waiting for you in his study.

The room is splashed red with blood. Scrolls and books like scattered about, soaked and ruined. The body is in tatters, with little recognizable beyond a few fingers and the head. Oh, gods, the head. Eyes open in unimaginable horror, and stuck upon a candlestick on the desk. You're not sure what could have done this, but you all pray that whatever it is leaves you alone! From the various books and and such in the room, you deduce that he was a Warlock. Shame, if it were anyone else perhaps he could have determined what happened.

Shaken and more than a few of you physically ill, you leave his house. You then head over to Org's house. Hopefully to find a less...disturbing scene.

Org is easily found, his body lying in a pool of black blood in the courtyard before his house. A large chunk is missing from his neck, and long scratches extend down his back. His face is twisted into a horrific rictus that could almost be called a grin. Cautiously, you search his house. Demonic symbols cover inside of the house, many painted in what seems to be blood. You're not sure what sort of Demon possessed him, but whatever he was it wasn't very pleasant.

It is with great trepidation that you head over to Toaster's house. What horror awaits you in his house?

Like with Org, it doesn't take you long to find out. His body lies just inside the door, a great hole punched through is chest that extends down the floorboards. Inspecting the body, you find satanic tattoos covering most of his back and neck. On his forehead are two black spots in just the spot where horns would have been. It seems he was some sort of Devil, and perhaps he got his just due.

Three deaths, but a Demon and a Devil among them. You are relived to have such evil creatures gone from the village. But...what could have killed them??

Best to find out by the light of day. You're quite sure you don't want to meet whatever it is in the dark.

Day 2 has started. It will go until ~5pm Pacific Thursday
Come play Mafia with us!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia - Day 2 "What can kill a Demon?"
« Reply #219 on: June 28, 2010, 04:10:32 pm »

Greetings NUKE, I'm finding you suspicious after Ottofar's death and posting habits.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 28, 2010, 04:14:19 pm »

Jesus Christ.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 28, 2010, 04:14:51 pm »

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #222 on: June 28, 2010, 04:18:06 pm »

Huh.  That's good.  The main question for me is if either was an individual or if there are more Demons/Devils around to deal with.  And if they were individual if there's still a scum team to discover.

I'm guessing that the double kills mean that either the Demon and Devil killed each other or that there's at least one Monster Hunter about.

Thoughts about Org:
Org's turn as Demon means that he either knows nothing about there actually being a Cult or that there is a possibility of a Demon worshipping Cult about.  If that's the case, I'm guessing they may have mechanics different than or in addition to the traditional Cult mechanics.

Thoughts about Toaster:
If there are more Devils remaining, than I think that Toaster's interactions with previous players might be revealing.  With the two larger posts here and here, Toaster asks questions of or accuses every player in the game except ToonyMan, Jokerman-EXE, and Rysith.  NUKE9.13 seems to be the person that he interacted with (or complained about) the most.  Not sure exactly what all that means just yet.

RedWarrior0, you asked for an extension.  You had an hour after that but didn't post again.  You're still alive, so you have your extension, what were you going to say?

Mr.Person, you've been uncharacteristically quiet about the game, spending more time arguing general strategy and commenting than scum hunting.  Why's that?

Rysith, welcome.  What is your opinion on both the end of the day (pre-lynch results) yesterday and with what we've seen up until now?
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 28, 2010, 04:49:29 pm »

I was asking for an extension to finish my analysis for the devil that died.

The Demon probably had a kill, then perhaps one for the scum...

From the discussion thread, the devil would do a Faustian deal, so perhaps he gave a (One-shot?) Nightkill that got used last night. It would be hilarious if that was the kill used on him.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 28, 2010, 04:54:38 pm »

EBWOP:

So Leafsnail got savaged, mutilated, and beheaded, with his head stuck on a candlestick.

Org got a chunk ripped out of his neck, and scratches down his back. Claws, perhaps.

Toaster lost a game of Punch Out.

Jesus Christ.
Not exactly, buddy. Those two were from hell.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 29