Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 29

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia - Game over!  (Read 41801 times)

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia - Day 1 brings mystery
« Reply #135 on: June 23, 2010, 07:28:30 pm »

RedWarrior is even less useful than Org.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 24, 2010, 01:47:20 am »

Leafsnail, answer my question already.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 24, 2010, 01:48:05 am »

So in other words, you're accusing him of random voting you and trying to get a whole bunch of other people to join in on his random vote and actually lynch you?

People are accusing me of that as well...it makes no sense.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 24, 2010, 08:59:59 am »

Leafsnail seems unwilling to answer any questions, so he is my second suspect.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 24, 2010, 10:25:22 am »

Where am I rolefishing??
"Hey, Org, how do you know there's a cult??  Are you a monster hunter we need to convert tonight??"

Leafsnail: Would you prefer another rehash of the same questions over and over?
I'd prefer less retardedness being thrown around.  Baseless accusations don't help anything if everyone's doing them all the time.

I'm not "unwilling" to answer questions.  I missed ToonyMan's question the first time around (in any case, the answer is glaringly obvious).  I didn't post yesterday since my exams ended and I felt like a break from mafia for a day.  I didn't post on any of my games.

Ottofar is scum for following ToonyMan on that with no reason.  He probably didn't even see ToonyMan's question in the first place.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #140 on: June 24, 2010, 11:17:57 am »

I don't see how lynching me will help.
Sometimes I am helpful.

How about some of that helpfulness?  Like finding scum?  Or even attempting to find scum?

RedWarrior is even less useful than Org.

Yes, but he said he'll be at Ceder Point through Thursday and a semi-useful post here.

Speaking of which:

@Person: Nuke beat me to the fruit bowl there, but thanks. I accept your deflection with gratitude and wish to use it well. I will extrapolate on why you are scum during a class I have later.

So where was that extrapolation you promised?  It's Thursday now...

Leafsnail seems unwilling to answer any questions, so he is my second suspect.

So what questions have Leafsnail not answered?  There's was ToonyMan's, but any others?  Because if there aren't than it really looks like you're just copying what ToonyMan said.  What's even more interesting is that you're currently voting ToonyMan but using his reasoning to attack Leafsnail?  How does that work?

Where am I rolefishing??
"Hey, Org, how do you know there's a cult??  Are you a monster hunter we need to convert tonight??"

The first would be *really* helpful to know because until we get kill flavor or manage to lynch scum, we don't know exactly what we're dealing with.  Can you provide a quote for the second?  Because I don't remember it.  In fact I searched the thread.  No one's mentioned Monster Hunters until you brought it up.

All of you are suspicious, but I think Ottofar is the worst, pending how he responds.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #141 on: June 24, 2010, 11:22:53 am »

Also, NUKE9.13, where did you go?

You only posted to provide the second vote on Org and asked Org to explain himself about the Cult on June 21, had a decently long post and agreed with Org but told him to stop poking people on June 22 and then... nothing yesterday.

Are you still here?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 24, 2010, 11:41:58 am »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
JanusTwoFace: Criptfeind
Leafsnail: Org, RedWarrior0, ToonyMan
Org: NUKE9.13
Ottofar: JanusTwoFace, Toaster
RedWarrior0: Mr.Person
Solifuge: Lonewolf I
ToonyMan: Leafsnail, Ottofar

Day 1 ends ~5pm Pacific Today
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 24, 2010, 12:58:59 pm »

Janus - if you did get Org to claim and he did have the info from being a monster hunter, we can pretty much kiss goodbye to our best powerrole.  Do you understand why you shouldn't be rolefishing for info on the enemy yet?

And no, noone mentioned monster hunters.  But it's the only role that would find out about the flavour of the enemy scumteam (maybe sage, but I seriously doubt it) and ToonyMan was repeatedly asking him how he knew.  Therefore, this would be his aim whether or not it was stated.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 24, 2010, 01:23:45 pm »

If you are monster hunter, do not claim yet.

See reply 46 on the discussion thread- we don't necessarily have scum team X if we have a monster hunter who specializes in killing team X.  Any information you'd have won't help us enough to be worth revealing yourself.

So in other words, you're accusing him of random voting you and trying to get a whole bunch of other people to join in on his random vote and actually lynch you?

People are accusing me of that as well...it makes no sense.

Leaf's vote was first on him.  Yours was third.  See the difference?

RedWarrior said he would be gone on Thursday, not through Thursday.  Any non-content beforehand is not excused.  Let's see some content out of you, with less buddying.  Why do people keep buddying Toony?

Solifuge:  Who do you suspect?  You've pointed some fingers, but not followed through with a vote on them.  Anything you'd like to add?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 24, 2010, 01:42:28 pm »

Leaf answered the questions after my post.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 24, 2010, 01:54:50 pm »

Leafsnail...I never asked if Org if there was a cult...
Janus, Mr.Person, Ottofar scum team.

Janus, why do you think I'm calling you scum?
Mr. Person, side-lining instigator.
Ottofar, maybe a null tell, but definably not good town play.

Because I'm talking too much?  I fail to see the problem in it.  You're definitely correct about Ottofar.  Not necessarily that he's scum, but that he needs to work on his town game.
I thought it would be a good idea.  Talking to much might be a reason, but I know my mafia terminology and the only thing I could say about that is either Too Townie (a fallacious statement) or stirring up confusion (if done right).  I know what you can do right and you're doing it, I've been on "your side" in other games if you know what I mean.

@On Org and the Cult:
Possibilities are,
1.  Org actually knows what he's saying (A sage or similar)
2.  Scum that may or may not actually be cult (to trip us up)
3.  Asshole pretending to know while being town.

I say we believe him until something comes up that's contradictory.

I never asked a question, I just said I believe his claim.  Therefore you are a bullshitter's scumbag.  Die.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #147 on: June 24, 2010, 02:29:55 pm »

And no, noone mentioned monster hunters.  But it's the only role that would find out about the flavour of the enemy scumteam (maybe sage, but I seriously doubt it) and ToonyMan was repeatedly asking him how he knew.  Therefore, this would be his aim whether or not it was stated.

Are you serious?

You don't think either of these roles mean that they wouldn't possibly know something about what we're facing?

Quote from: The rules
Dreamwalker - An individual who's dreams may in fact be a reflection of reality

Sage - A learned individual, who can use this knowledge to piece together the clues and discover the truth of the recent events

And no, I never wanted a Monster Hunter to claim.  Just a Sage if I was right.  We've been over that.

RedWarrior said he would be gone on Thursday, not through Thursday.  Any non-content beforehand is not excused.  Let's see some content out of you, with less buddying.  Why do people keep buddying Toony?

And this is just bull.  Were you hoping to get the support of people too lazy to double check facts?  Here's the post (emphasis mine):

And I'll try to be active, though Thursday I'll be at Cedar Point, and I probably don't want to bring my iPod onto any rides even if they have wifi.

He literally said exactly what you said he didn't.  It sucks that he's not posting, but he has an excuse.  If he's still lurking after today at the latest, that's a problem.

For that matter, which you were you referring to?  Leafsnail and myself were the posts immediately before yours.  Which of us are you accusing of lack of content again?

Sloppy Toaster, very sloppy.

Leaf answered the questions after my post.

So Leafsnail and Toaster's question about rehashing?  Ok, so the plural was valid, but what about some scum hunting of your own?  And why was your attack on Leafsnail basically a copy of ToonyMan's two posts earlier?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 24, 2010, 02:38:58 pm »

Also, NUKE9.13, where did you go?

You only posted to provide the second vote on Org and asked Org to explain himself about the Cult on June 21, had a decently long post and agreed with Org but told him to stop poking people on June 22 and then... nothing yesterday.

Are you still here?
I'm still here. Watching. Waiting. Taking notes. Roasting peanuts and selling them to innocent schoolchildren, violating the terms of my parole (To wit; No Selling Foodstuffs Without A Permit)

You are all boring.

* RedWarrior0- Boring; no idea.
    * NUKE9.13- 100% Town, awesome, and- according to a reliable source- very handsome.
    * Toaster - Scum.
    * Org- Irritating but harmless.
    * ToonyMan- I'm seeing town Toony here.
    * Jokerman-EXE- Lurking, passive.
    * Lonewolf I- Boring; lurking (with excuse)
    * Criptfeind- Is he playing? Seriously?
    * Mr.Person- No, actually. Deflection is a scumtell. And your insistence that it isn't is weird.
    * JanusTwoFace- You write your posts like some sort of impartial observer. This is something you always do, but it only just occurred to me. Please try to play rather than report.
    * Solifuge- I do not approve of your strategy.
    * Ottofar- Scum. A few days ago we were promised a more in depth analysis of why he jumped the ToonyWagon. Since then we have gotten... a voteless bandwagonning against leafsnail. :/
    * Leafsnail- I don't see how you see this guy as scum. Unless I missed something?

ANYWAY OTTOFAR Why don't you go ahead and tell me why you aren't scum.
Long Live United Forenia!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 24, 2010, 03:04:44 pm »

And this is just bull.  Were you hoping to get the support of people too lazy to double check facts?  Here's the post (emphasis mine):

And I'll try to be active, though Thursday I'll be at Cedar Point, and I probably don't want to bring my iPod onto any rides even if they have wifi.

He literally said exactly what you said he didn't.  It sucks that he's not posting, but he has an excuse.  If he's still lurking after today at the latest, that's a problem.

For that matter, which you were you referring to?  Leafsnail and myself were the posts immediately before yours.  Which of us are you accusing of lack of content again?

Sloppy Toaster, very sloppy.

He said THOUGH Thursday, not THROUGH Thurdsay.  That lack of "r" is pretty important.

I will give you that my post wasn't clear- I was referring to RedWarrior.  So it's nice and bold:

RedWarrior, when you get back, let's have some content.  Who do you suspect?

Nuke, any questions for me, or accusations to respond to?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 29