Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 29

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia - Game over!  (Read 41730 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia - Day 1 brings mystery
« Reply #90 on: June 22, 2010, 01:55:33 pm »

Toony is putting pressure on him, and baiting others into dogpiling him for that very reason. I've done the same before. It does not mean what you think it means.

Mr.Person is his usual angry pokeyman self, and throwing suspice willy-nilly. I'm beginning to get a picture of Toaster.

The ones I'm not getting clear reads on are RedWarrior0, Criptfeind, and Leafsnail. More substance, less nuisance please.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 22, 2010, 02:00:07 pm »

You're saying I was pressuring other people to dog-pile Org so that we lynch him three posts into the game?

* ToonyMan throws his hands in the air and storms out.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 22, 2010, 02:00:38 pm »

Toony... I'll buy it.  Unvote Toonyman.  Calling it a joke's weak, but I can put my vote to better use for now.

Like on Ottofar.  You said you'd get serious now.  Is that the best serious you have?  Put some backbone in your attack if you want it to be taken seriously.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 22, 2010, 02:08:48 pm »

ToonyMan those votes do not look random to me!
...you are kidding, right. Tell me you are kidding. Please.

D:<

-ORG! Why cult, hmm? Do you think the flavour suggests a cult or cult like entity? Also could we please get some coherent english? I know that the 'lazy posts' are your thing, but your thing is also a brilliant way hide in plain sight.

Cult is almost guaranteed.

Pray explain your reasoning. In sentences. Which combine. Into. A. Pararararagraph. (or even multiple pararagraphs!)

Really?  If I were Cult this early, that would make me a Cult Leader.  Why in the world would I draw attention to myself if I were a Cult Leader?
This defense is both self-fulfilling and self-defeating, JanusTwoFace. Come on, dude.
Extrapolate.

Like he said, it's WIFOM to the max. "I'm not Cult because would Cult do this?" when, if he is Cult, the answer is yes, though we've no way of knowing that until he dies.
Thank you.

Jeez, guys, Org says cult so let's all fucking rolefish him! Brilliant!
...right. Because Org as a role that knows what the scumteam is would be so stupid as to reveal this. Org is not an idiot. He is just... 'different' in his play-style.

That being said, Mr.Person, you're active lurking scum.  You've had three posts.  In the first, you have an unclear comment on my comment on Org.  Than you say Org is using words he doesn't understand.  True, but still passive.  Than you agree with ToonyMan and maybe attacking him?  I can't even tell.

I'm not sure what you wanted me to do, pounce on people for nothing? I don't play that game, sorry. Outside of RVS, I only vote people if I think they're scum.
M-m-m-muuuuumy!
The boys on the forum waaant me to s-s-s-scuuumhunt!
But I don't wanna-ha-ha-ha!

If you can't find a reason to attack anyone (unlikely), attack someone anyway. Pick someone with high blood pressure and attack them for no reason and hope they snap open, revealing the gooey scumminess within.

Also, I can't believe you're accusing ME of active lurking. Redwarrior has posted more and done less.
And this, ladies and gentlescum, is what we call a textbook deflection
Can anyone tell me if deflection is a scumtell?
That's right! It is.

Speaking of which:
*fondly remembers reaction to Org after Pand's BYOR*
What a useful comment!

Now how the flying fuck is that deflecting?
Legitimately useful, but not for the game. You're just telling Org how stupid he sounded. Good! Does it help you find scum? No!

So you've done nothing yet despite the fact you said you were going to try to be active. Try again. Do better.
So, having already voted (which by your own words means you think someone is scum)- you go on to point out further reasons to vote for redwarrior? Saying 'Speaking of which' makes one think that you got your deflect vote on, and then- speaking of voting for redwarrior- thought up some reasons to vote for him. After voting for him.
Hmm.
Is there a term for looking for anything remotely scummy in someone after you have already decided to vote for them (these 'scumtells' being merely to justify your actions to others rather than to motivate them)? If there isn't, there should be. And if there is,
[That term]

Unvote

Vote... Toonyman,
I guess.
Now that the Org lynch didn't work out, it's easy to say, it was ”fallacious or a meme”.
BLATANT, BULLSHIT, BANDWAGONNING.

You're saying I was pressuring other people to dog-pile Org so that we lynch him three posts into the game?

* ToonyMan throws his hands in the air and storms out.
Noo, I think that he is agreeing with you. Sort of. Passively. Which brings us very neatly to:

SOLIFUGE: It's been said. It merits saying again.
Passive buddying substanceless malarky: What's with that?

PREPOST EDIT:
Toony... I'll buy it.  Unvote Toonyman.  Calling it a joke's weak, but I can put my vote to better use for now.

Like on Ottofar.  You said you'd get serious now.  Is that the best serious you have?  Put some backbone in your attack if you want it to be taken seriously.
Bah. Couldn't you have waited ten minutes with this post?
Long Live United Forenia!

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 22, 2010, 02:13:37 pm »

Pretty much everything he has said has been scummy, and already quoted by someone. Besides, it is a bit hard to quote with a phone.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #95 on: June 22, 2010, 02:43:03 pm »

Toony:  Lynching Org for being Org, while somewhat understandable, isn't actually helpful.  Lynching Org for being scum is fine.  If you don't have anything reasoned out on him, please try to either find something or attack someone else.  Or both- that's fine too.

The problem with Org is that there's rarely actually anything to pin on him when he is scum.  I don't like policy lynches, but if no-one shows up as terribly scummy, there are worse choices than Org.  At least for me, he's nearly impossible to read towards the end game.

-ORG! Why cult, hmm? Do you think the flavour suggests a cult or cult like entity? Also could we please get some coherent english? I know that the 'lazy posts' are your thing, but your thing is also a brilliant way hide in plain sight.

Really?  If I were Cult this early, that would make me a Cult Leader.  Why in the world would I draw attention to myself if I were a Cult Leader?
This defense is both self-fulfilling and self-defeating, JanusTwoFace. Come on, dude.
Extrapolate.
Cult is almost guranteed.

Until you either say something else or proven otherwise, I'm going to take this to mean that you know that there is a Cult.  Which means you'd be either a Cultist or Sage.  I don't think you'd try the strategy of revealing the scum if you were, so I'd guess Sage.

Jeez, guys, Org says cult so let's all fucking rolefish him! Brilliant!

If my guess about the Sage is correct, he gets information at the beginning of the game about what we're actually facing.  If that's correct, claiming Sage is actually a good thing.  We know what we're dealing with and it's potentially problematic for the scum to kill the Sage because that will confirm it.  Sticky if it's Cult with conversions instead of kills, but it still works.  Of course this falls about if Sage's learn more throughout the game, but I don't think so.

I'm not sure what you wanted me to do, pounce on people for nothing? I don't play that game, sorry. Outside of RVS, I only vote people if I think they're scum.

Also, I can't believe you're accusing ME of active lurking. Redwarrior has posted more and done less.

I wanted to see a longer post from you, I know you're capable of it. And now you're not active lurking. unvote.  At least you've posted more than a single line per post.

You say he is "most likely scum," then say (repeatedly) that it was a random vote?

That's kind of how RV works.  You push someone hard and see if they fall over scum.  Saying 'meh, I vote Org' doesn't help anyone.  Saying 'Org is obviously scum' is more likely to be useful.  I don't like RVing myself, but it can be useful if done correctly.  Problem is, most people have no idea how to do it correctly.

Vote... Toonyman, I guess.

You tend to get yourself lynched for looking scummy even if you're town.  Here's a hint: be confident, even in your guesses and be prepared to admit it if you turn out to be wrong.  Your post, that is scummy.

Pretty much everything he has said has been scummy, and already quoted by someone. Besides, it is a bit hard to quote with a phone.

It's hard, but entirely possible depending on what sort of phone you have.  The bigger problem with your post is the 'I guess' like I said.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 22, 2010, 02:45:32 pm »

Janus, Mr.Person, Ottofar scum team.

Janus, why do you think I'm calling you scum?
Mr. Person, side-lining instigator.
Ottofar, maybe a null tell, but definably not good town play.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 22, 2010, 02:50:48 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
JanusTwoFace: Criptfeind, ToonyMan
Leafsnail: Org, Ottofar, RedWarrior0
Org: NUKE9.13
Ottofar: Leafsnail, Toaster
RedWarrior0: Mr.Person
ToonyMan: Lonewolf I
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #98 on: June 22, 2010, 02:57:27 pm »

Because I'm talking too much?  I fail to see the problem in it.  You're definitely correct about Ottofar.  Not necessarily that he's scum, but that he needs to work on his town game.

Org, Ottofar, and RedWarrior0.  You're all on my list of people who it's easier to get my cat to lose weight than to get you to provide a nice in-depth explication for your votes and you're all voting for Leafsnail.  What I'd like to see is at least one good reason from each of you for your vote (even if you decide to unvote or vote someone else).

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 22, 2010, 02:58:22 pm »

Janus stop being Cult.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #100 on: June 22, 2010, 03:02:46 pm »

Janus stop being Cult.

Why am I cult?  I'm giving you a chance this game, but you're really not helping your case by posting nothing more than almost-nonsensical single-line posts. At least give me a reason, if you're going to accuse me.  For that matter, if you're so sure that I'm cult, why in the world aren't you voting me?

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 22, 2010, 03:07:27 pm »

And he gives up on the attack. Don't mess with the Tooninator.

@Solifuge: Random vote. Do you expect me to have material the second post of the game?

@Person: Nuke beat me to the fruit bowl there, but thanks. I accept your deflection with gratitude and wish to use it well. I will extrapolate on why you are scum during a class I have later.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 22, 2010, 03:22:48 pm »

Because I'm talking too much?  I fail to see the problem in it.  You're definitely correct about Ottofar.  Not necessarily that he's scum, but that he needs to work on his town game.
I thought it would be a good idea.  Talking to much might be a reason, but I know my mafia terminology and the only thing I could say about that is either Too Townie (a fallacious statement) or stirring up confusion (if done right).  I know what you can do right and you're doing it, I've been on "your side" in other games if you know what I mean.

@On Org and the Cult:
Possibilities are,
1.  Org actually knows what he's saying (A sage or similar)
2.  Scum that may or may not actually be cult (to trip us up)
3.  Asshole pretending to know while being town.

I say we believe him until something comes up that's contradictory.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 22, 2010, 03:34:09 pm »

I say we believe him until something comes up that's contradictory.
Given his extreme confidence in the matter, I am inclined to agree. Still, it would be nice if he could just stop doing this
Janus stop being Cult.
Just stop it already.
Long Live United Forenia!

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 22, 2010, 03:46:42 pm »

Meph, my vote is on ToonyMan.

Unvote

Vote... Toonyman,
I guess.
Now that the Org lynch didn't work out, it's easy to say, it was ”fallacious or a meme”.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 29