Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 29

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia - Game over!  (Read 41774 times)

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia - Day 1 brings mystery
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2010, 04:25:47 pm »

I was grown to be sacrificed on my 18th birthday, and you know that, Leafsnail.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2010, 04:35:13 pm »

Also: Sage, anyone?

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2010, 05:25:43 pm »

Wall of text warning.  Sorry, it's how I post.

Looking over the list, I've been in or read games where RedWarrior0, NUKE9.13, Toaster, Org, and Solifuge have lurked more than they should (not necessarily in the same game). Nothing personal, it's entirely possible that I've misidentified someone or missed someone else. I'm asking this once now, don't do it.  Lurking kills games.  This setup looks too interesting to let that happen.

That being said, we're barely in the game and Org already has three votes.  I'm rarely opposed to lynching Org, but three votes that quickly is suspicious.  I'd say especially so for ToonyMan as the third vote.  ToonyMan, do you really think that Org is scum?  If not, what do we gain by lynching him now as opposed to actually scum hunting?

And than Org OMGUS's Leafsnail, providing the second vote on him.  Org, Leafsnail was the fist to vote you in what looks rather much like a random vote, well before the actual bandwagon.  It's suspicious.  Just be useful though, at least there's sort of a reason there.

Ok, so something is stealing our children.  I suggest we offer up Org as a sacrifice in order to appease it.
I love that scumwagon ya got thar.
Leafsnail.
Obviously you are persuading the villagers.
You cult.

OMG ORG WHAT WHY ARE YOU WAGONNING?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!?11/1/1?!?!?1/!?!??

That's not very helpful.  At the very least give us your opinion on the vote pile Org accumulated and Org's bandwagoning / OMGUSing.

Leafsnail, since something is stealing our children, why did old lady Migabee disappear?
She is ONE OF THEM.  A WITCH.  And not the awesome kind of scantily dressed witch either.

In other news, unvote.  Org will probably anger the gods.  Maybe Ottofar will be more appealing?

Witch's are a town role, yes?  Not that a non-player being town really means anything.

Also: Sage, anyone?

Rolefishing much?  Although I agree with you.  Depending on the details in role PMs, Dreamwalker and Sages may want to claim, Sage now and Dreamwalker later.  I'm guessing that the Sage probably gets information at the beginning of the game and the Dreamwalker as the game goes on.

By my reckoning, Jokerman-EXE, Lonewolf I, Cripteiend, Mr.Person, and Solifuge haven't posted yet.  It's early, so that's shiny, just don't lurk.  Lurking is bad.

Mephansteras:

Comment: I really like the flavor so far and the basically secret setup.  Very shiny.  Should be a fun game.

Question: If you don't mind answering this, should we expect a similar role count to Paranormal (as in few-none vanilla townies)?
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2010, 05:30:36 pm »

I'd say especially so for ToonyMan as the third vote.  ToonyMan, do you really think that Org is scum?  If not, what do we gain by lynching him now as opposed to actually scum hunting?

Org is most likely scum.  If we lynch him now we won't lose later on.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2010, 05:32:10 pm »

The Scribe's tally sheet
Leafsnail: Org, Ottofar, RedWarrior0
Org: NUKE9.13, ToonyMan
Ottofar: Leafsnail

The number of power roles will vary greatly depending on the set-up. Much more so than Paranormal does.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2010, 05:39:58 pm »

I'm guessing that means based on the relative power level / weighting that the scum team has.  Shiny.  Even more to learn!

Hmm.  I somehow missed Ottofar's vote on Leafsnail the first time around.  Ottofar, why are you third-vote-bandwagoning-and-OMGUSing Leafsnail?  The very next post after Leafsnail voted you!  Do you actually think that Leafsnail is scum or are you just hoping to get him lynched early because he already had votes?

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2010, 05:44:10 pm »

Meph, will the sage know which scum faction is in the game on the role pm or is the identifying a  night action?

Janus, of course I want him lynched, he is clearly scum!

No, to be serious, I just want to see how the non-posters post, before I do anything serious.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2010, 05:49:23 pm »

Meph, will the sage know which scum faction is in the game on the role pm or is the identifying a  night action?

Specific information on how Roles work is not given out, except via PM to people who have that Role. Otherwise, you know what is in the rules post.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2010, 06:11:08 pm »

Looking over the list, I've been in or read games where RedWarrior0, NUKE9.13, Toaster, Org, and Solifuge have lurked more than they should

JanusTwoface now why did you leave my name off that list? Hummm.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2010, 06:15:27 pm »

Janus, of course I want him lynched, he is clearly scum!

No, to be serious, I just want to see how the non-posters post, before I do anything serious.

Just don't wait too long.

Looking over the list, I've been in or read games where RedWarrior0, NUKE9.13, Toaster, Org, and Solifuge have lurked more than they should

JanusTwoface now why did you leave my name off that list? Hummm.

Do you want to be known for lurking?  And for taking quotes out of context?  Seeing as the line immediately after what you quoted says that I may have (read probably) missed someone.

That being said, if you don't lurk, it's not really a problem in any case.  If you do to any extent, I'm sure I won't be the only one feeling justified in lynching you.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2010, 07:16:08 pm »

I'm not scum.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2010, 07:52:10 pm »

And I'll try to be active, though Thursday I'll be at Cedar Point, and I probably don't want to bring my iPod onto any rides even if they have wifi.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2010, 08:24:12 pm »

JanusTwoFace, you are waaaaaaay overreacting. I'm totally with Criptfeind on this one.

P.S. I don't lurk in games that are challenging or genuinely interesting. I'm also hard to keep interested, unless there's a unique scenario. Not worried about this one though.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2010, 09:13:02 pm »

That being said, we're barely in the game and Org already has three votes.  I'm rarely opposed to lynching Org, but three votes that quickly is suspicious.  I'd say especially so for ToonyMan as the third vote.  ToonyMan, do you really think that Org is scum?  If not, what do we gain by lynching him now as opposed to actually scum hunting?

Why are you so worried about Org?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2010, 09:14:12 pm »

Why are you so worried about Org?
Cuz He is Cult.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 29