Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia - Game over!  (Read 41641 times)

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
Re: Supernatural Mafia - Game over!
« Reply #405 on: July 15, 2010, 06:27:27 pm »

Wow.  I absolutely love the flavor text.  Gamewise, the lurkyness (especially in the midgame) was annoying, but the flavor was awesome.  And it's neat not actually knowing exactly what all of the roles do.

Edit:  Most especially this part:

Quote from: Org's Night 1 PM
Wait in the study. Yes. Much to read. If you read, anyway. But you don't. But you eat a book, since that sounds fun. It is dry, and tastes of dead souls. Not so good.

:D

Coven Chat: http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/VfvFimy6Aw7Y

Another wow.  You guys really didn't trust me at all...  :-\

Wolf Chat: http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/8vKDi7SAVn6D
Quote from: RedWarrior
CUUUUUUUUURSE YOOOOOOUUUUU JAAAANUUUUUUUUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You had the misfortune to attract my dislike of lurking.  If you hadn't been posting in other threads, I probably would have backed off a bit.

Oh, yes, not all Priests get the rites correct, and sometimes the rites draw unwanted attention. There are actually multiple varieties of Priest. But like sane/insane/naive Cops the player doesn't get to know what type they are.

:o Well then.  I'm glad that Leafsnail came back more or less successfully.  Not that it mattered in the end, other than to force the scum to spend a kill.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 06:35:23 pm by JanusTwoface »
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: July 15, 2010, 06:35:15 pm »

Town won and I screwed up!  Heh.
  You are a mighty Vampire Hunter. You are a master of combat, able to slay even the most powerful monsters. But your specialty lies in hunting Vampires. You know how to protect yourself from being turned into one, and have learned to identify them. Each night you may choose to either Inspect a person to see if they are a Vampire or Not, or to Kill someone that you know or suspect is a threat to the town.
Go Team Town!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: July 15, 2010, 06:35:42 pm »

Good Game everyone.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: July 15, 2010, 06:37:31 pm »

Janus should get player of the game award or something.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: July 15, 2010, 06:59:32 pm »

In hindsight, I probably should of paid attention to key parts of the PM I got on night one. Specifically, the casual way that RedWarrior regards death, the way he doesn't care about his soul, and the way he said his soul was already tainted.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: July 15, 2010, 09:33:09 pm »

Good game- too bad I left N1.  My role was interesting- I was guessing who would take my offer and not say anything about it, therefore giving me a chance to get ahead in soul count.  A trueclaim might have even worked in the face of a lynch, since I couldn't directly harm the town.

Red- I had you pegged for scum D1.  Repeatedly ignoring questions is scumtacular.  Good job surviving that long, though.

This'll make a nice Paranormal alternative.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: July 16, 2010, 03:21:18 am »

I'd just like to say that I've never really had much interest in mafia, but this really was fascinating.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: July 16, 2010, 05:10:48 am »

Ha!
Quote from: Lonewolf
I am NOT doing anything scummy. NUKE really is very seriously misinterpreting my words, and trying to use it to attack me. His being right is dumb luck in this case.
Whatever helps you sleep at night, buddy. (But seriously, it wasn't luck. You were scummy)

Anyway. Good game, I thought. Worth repeating, certainly.
Long Live United Forenia!

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: July 16, 2010, 06:20:33 am »

If there are no special rules for raising people who have sold their souls to a devil, there should be.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: July 16, 2010, 09:57:57 am »

If there are no special rules for raising people who have sold their souls to a devil, there should be.

There wasn't, but you're right. There should be.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: July 16, 2010, 01:21:49 pm »

Nice job, town.

This was a fun game to watch. I'll have to get in on this action the next game, because this looked like fun.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #416 on: July 16, 2010, 03:17:10 pm »

Any ETA on another round of Paranormal / Supernatural?  Or both even?  There's not much activity on the board anymore, but I do still enjoy your games.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: July 16, 2010, 03:28:16 pm »

I'm thinking not next week but the following one. Although I may start sign-ups for whichever I run next week. But next week is Comic-Con, so I'll be way too busy to actually run a game until that's over.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: July 16, 2010, 08:12:58 pm »

Proving that I'm probably too busy to actually play Mafia...

A good game, I enjoyed it, even if I didn't do too much that was really active.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: July 16, 2010, 11:33:08 pm »

Reading Wolf Chat, I realized that the scumteam had an absolutely excellent combo, but never used it. You guys really should have bussed RedWarrior the Wolf Leader, who takes out a townie as collateral, and then the Wolf Priest raises him, and he can claim to have been role-flipped, or can bus himself again and take out a second townie, while tying up 2 Days worth of lynches. On top of that, when MC time came, since another priest already claimed, just don't have the Wolf Priest claim as his role (claim Sexton or something instead) and you'd have then cast huge suspicion on Janus, since a known Werewolf had been raised. It'd have been a pretty failsafe game-ender, especially since the 3rd parties had already been offed.

Coven Chat: http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/VfvFimy6Aw7Y

Another wow.  You guys really didn't trust me at all...  :-\

Heh, well you were leading the pack. I was worried you might have been a very coy scum player, and I admit that you've proven yourself to be sneaky, which makes me overly cautious. I do the same thing with Webadict, and even Org.

Anywho Meph, great game. Honestly, I like the style of this game even better than Paranormal, if just for the air of uncertainty around the scum roles, and even the player roles. I'm looking forward to your next game; never been disappointed by a Mephansteras Mafia game.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 11:35:54 pm by Solifuge »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29